What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Men - and apparently people like it. (and me too now :))

Reckon he likes it?

Not the Pro. "If there was any game to drop premium on this would be it"

Making it out like the best game ever after 5,10-20 mins. It sounds like marketing, it is, send money now best game ever made.

Not the Pro. "If there was any game to drop premium on this would be it"

Making it out like the best game ever after 5,10-20 mins. It sounds like marketing, it is, send money now best game ever made.
Honestly you can make your own mind up when it arrives in the UK. I'm not beholden to any sponsors or special invitations and I genuinely believe Neil when he rang me up last week saying how blown away he was with the game. I've honestly never seen him so excited and it convinced me to put down for a premium.

Honestly you can make your own mind up when it arrives in the UK. I'm not beholden to any sponsors or special invitations and I genuinely believe Neil when he rang me up last week saying how blown away he was with the game. I've honestly never seen him so excited and it convinced me to put down for a premium.
Yeah of course most people will make their own mind up and not just snap one up after reading a gushy review from wherever it comes from.

I think you made the right choice, you would feel robbed on a pro. I wouldn't have a marvel game in my place, truly not into it, it's like a dead horse to me, even with 4 hands and one by the coin door I would be hard pushed to give them 10K.

What are people's thoughts on Jack saying 'I wanted targets you couldn't hit on purpose'? Is that really how you design a game? Any other games have that?
i call it jpop rules..

Some hidden targets or ones that you need a nudge and rebound from a rubber, or if it rebounds from a hard drain etc add to the fun

This was the extreme though ;) haha

IMG_5294.webp

Looking forward to the Stream on this.

Good bit hype around Pinball at the moment, more info on new titles and upcoming videos. Pulp Fictions look to be shipping soon also.

Also hopefully the used market recovering now also, some nice recent Pins for sale also.

Looks brutal! Definitely different to Foo, which has amazing flow. Think the pro will be a little easier than the prem/le without the hands messing with you. Looking forward to trying to work out all the ball paths and which bounces/deflections are safe and which you need to nudge

Looks great but some of the voices are ropey, especially Gambit.
The Gambit voice is complete garbage, more than one comment about the sounds and pinballbrowser being busy.

Enjoyed the stream, straight into gameplay and no messing around.

Game looks absolutely brutal hard, a good thing if you like short ball times with a different layout, this is nice.

Didn't see anything special with LE, Premium toys tbh, there was no wow pinball moments that I had seen anyways. No physical ball locks again. So for that also, Pro is the way to go for a super fast game, again in my opinion.

The audio was a surprise, I was expecting some hard rock stuff with the Anthrax/Pantera guy on the audio. Not that this is what I was hoping for, 8bit chips tunes is what I woulda liked. Dare I say the audio and effects in places sounded like John Wick, after all it's the same Anthrax guy on the music.

So far me, massive hype before the reveal and I expected more.

I was only watching it on and off but didn't see anything to make me rush out and buy one. I'll put it on the 'maybe' list.
I think a lot of people who were waiting for the stream to decide may continue to wait till they've played it now. Hype before was definitely higher than after. I'm still looking forward to it as I like getting new games to play and learn new layout/ rules but I'll just say I think they did a very good job on the trailer 😂

Reserving judgment on the sound / video / text visuals because they may be placeholders

It looked to be playing way harder than I thought it might, they were really struggling to pull together a good game. Any misses off the various shots on the left side seemed like big centre drain risks.

Modes looked very standard, but interested to see what features there are and which strategies develop around moving to/from the future.

I was expecting it to be more flowy, might have been the way it was being played but it did seem that the left ramp caught and held almost everything for one reason or another before dropping it to the flipper. Suppose it’s acting in the same way that a scoop would on other machines.

The danger room didn’t look very difficult to escape from but gave some spicy feeds to the main flippers, and we didn’t really get to see the effect of “levelling up” the danger room.

Reserving judgment on the sound / video / text visuals because they may be placeholders

It looked to be playing way harder than I thought it might, they were really struggling to pull together a good game. Any misses off the various shots on the left side seemed like big centre drain risks.

Yeah, if my seven year old was watching those games, he’s be like “you’re not achieving much, are you?”

I’m about 19 minutes in. The hype made me wonder if I’d feel compelled to sell an existing pin at a loss. Now, I’m thinking “yeah, it’s another modern Stern”. The danger room doesn’t seem to do that much interesting, modes seem pretty standard, the hands aren’t super-active, and they’ve just mentioned the progression from Venom isn’t developed further in X-Men either.

The gameplay is that brutally-fast, ramp-y, wireform-y stuff that seems to have become a Stern standard since Venom. I expect it will *feel* on location (to me) very much like John Wick.

Out of the games available NIB right now, if I had to add a new pin, I’d definitely still be looking at Labyrinth, Pulp Fiction or GTF for a bit of variety. That said, as always, open to change my mind when I get to play.

Bit underwhelming after all the hype if iam being honest, hope the music is a placeholder because its awful and couldn't get the whole 'who wants to be a millionaire' end of ball sound out of my head, didn't seem to be much flow either with lots of bricking and wood chopping and poor scores by guys who should be able to wreck it. Early days yet I guess would like to see more. The pro might shoot better on this one.

"hope the music is a placeholder because its awful and couldn't get the whole 'who wants to be a millionaire' end of ball sound out of my head"

Even though i said to myself im out of NIB for now this definitely peaked interest until i watched the stream. As above what is the horrid music all about??? the main theme seamed completely out of place. Not sure if pin browser works on spike2 but that theme music would be the first to go!

A pass for now.

Any idea when these are landing and are any going on location? I'm in LDN October/November time and want to get my hands on it before pulling the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom