What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Men - and apparently people like it. (and me too now :))

I think this is going to sell in bundles and they seem to have everything right.

I think there is plenty in the pro to make it a great game which will be a lot of fun, but enough extra in the Premium to keep everyone happy.

However, I have zero FOMO with this one because I want to play it first. I was very close to ordering a pro yesterday but I only have two concerns which will force me to wait.

1: Will I be able to hit the shots? I was just not good enough for John Wick so I just want to shoot it first.

2: Will the rules be too complicated? The huge number of characters in AIQ and complicated rules made me switch off despite the amazing shots.

If I can hit the shots and find the rules intuitive I won't be able to resist.

I think this is going to sell in bundles and they seem to have everything right.

I think there is plenty in the pro to make it a great game which will be a lot of fun, but enough extra in the Premium to keep everyone happy.

However, I have zero FOMO with this one because I want to play it first. I was very close to ordering a pro yesterday but I only have two concerns which will force me to wait.

1: Will I be able to hit the shots? I was just not good enough for John Wick so I just want to shoot it first.

2: Will the rules be too complicated? The huge number of characters in AIQ and complicated rules made me switch off despite the amazing shots.

If I can hit the shots and find the rules intuitive I won't be able to resist.
I agree on both, my other concern (and I will be interested to hear other people’s thoughts), is the flipper gap too big? It looks wider than usual to me, like Ghostbusters, and I hate that game because of it.

I agree on both, my other concern (and I will be interested to hear other people’s thoughts), is the flipper gap too big? It looks wider than usual to me, like Ghostbusters, and I hate that game because of it.
It's got a centre post unlike GB. I honestly don't think it's an issue.

Honestly the more I look at this fackin' playfield the more I think why wasn't this Jaws.

Whirlpool third flipper, Jaws head /Sentinel head, right hand shark attack , left hand something similar, beast lab varitarget where the chum bucket could have been.

Finally watched the video on the Mac and monitor rather than a phone screen I had to watch the reveal on. Still none the wiser what the hell is going on with the ball paths 😂

It looks awesome though and something new and unique layout for a change from Stern. The Pro misses little I think and appears to be the better packed Pro for a good while, should play fast also without the hands.

So far I have zero fomo also with the Sterns, with Stern and JJP actually due to priced out my league. Do get excited to see something like this I would really like, but then its easy to remember the Pros and Premiums from Stern be made for years.

Still really looking forward to the audio on this, actually also the light show. Can't see anything real cool with the light show as yet.

Hard to tell how big the flipper gap is but it should become fairly clear if it's an issue once we see someone gameplay footage.

With Jaws, I wasn’t immediately excited. I knew it would be good because of the team but it’s taken a bit more code and playing it a few times to think that I want it and I’ve only just ordered one.

Foo I ordered after the gameplay streams, after seeing those I knew I wanted one.

X-Men, I’ve gone crazy and ordered on a couple of minutes of footage and some photos 🤪 I think it looks different enough that even if I don’t love it, it’s going to be fun and interesting to play for a while. Watching the trailers though I just get a feeling I’m going to enjoy it. I’m not worried about the flipper gap, I think the layout is just making everything look different.

Also I just want something in pinball to look forward to and get excited about. I haven’t played much the last month or two but just ordering 2 new games made me play all day yesterday, even though the new games haven’t arrived yet, it’s just made me excited for pinball again. I’ll have a few months coming up where I won’t be able to play at all so it’ll be nice having something new either on its way or just arrived to look forward to.

Remember there's a post, so even with a wider gap (not sure it is yet have to wait and see), we can bounce it back into play.

Just re-watched everything again and noticed the Pro also has the magnet.

That upper left ball path is just crazy and I believe the whole layout is so different to everything else that most people with decent sized collections will get one.

I definitely have a massive amount of impatience to play this game. It is very exciting.

If this were a theme that appealed to me I'd have pulled the trigger already. Anyone into X-Men or comics must be loving this.

Just re-watched everything again and noticed the Pro also has the magnet.

That upper left ball path is just crazy and I believe the whole layout is so different to everything else that most people with decent sized collections will get one.

I definitely have a massive amount of impatience to play this game. It is very exciting.

If this were a theme that appealed to me I'd have pulled the trigger already. Anyone into X-Men or comics must be loving this.
Honestly fella that Pro is loaded, puts the last 5 to shame.

Honestly fella that Pro is loaded, puts the last 5 to shame.
Yeah mate, I'm quite sure there will be quite a few of these to keep the second hand market going in a year or two.

I suspect this game will do well on location too.

Always hard to say without playing it but the game is a triumph I think.

Yeah mate, I'm quite sure there will be quite a few of these to keep the second hand market going in a year or two.

I suspect this game will do well on location too.

Always hard to say without playing it but the game is a triumph I think.
It’ll do very well on location… as long as the Pro is still bulletproof. TBC how these mechs will all hold up after a few thousand plays!

It’ll do very well on location… as long as the Pro is still bulletproof. TBC how these mechs will all hold up after a few thousand plays!

I'm sure it will be fine, everyone that operates machines who I've ever spoken to says that Stern are the best for location games.

I really like the theme but I’m a novice player and it looks far to hard for my capabilities and don’t want to regret getting one with it being to hard

I really like the theme but I’m a novice player and it looks far to hard for my capabilities and don’t want to regret getting one with it being to hard

Set it to 5 balls, close the outlines if you can...

And have fun.... Doesn't matter if your a novice you can always make a machines easier to enjoy

In case you want to hear first hand thoughts on the game. Our podcast can be viewed here:

P.S. I didn't choose the grumpy thumbnail🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom