What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2024 - August 16th, 17th & 18th

Heading back up north so unfortunately not coming back into the hotel today- nice meeting a few of the forum members and putting faces to usernames, it’s great just generally having a chat about pinball with other likeminded folks who get it. I really enjoyed taking part in the open qualifying session and will be back next year. Special thanks @philpalmer for organising it all 😉…..

(couldn’t resist it)
Thanks @Big Phil and the team for the great event and superb weekend 👍🏻

I had a great first Pinfest. It was brilliant meeting and chatting with folk. We had so much fun (I was with my son Luke). Massive thanks to everyone who provided the machines.
We played many great machines and now have so many on my wish list (a couple on my need list :-))

We both played in the PinFest Open and Classic competitions. loved it, even though I may not have done so well, I enjoyed every minute.

I had a great first Pinfest. It was brilliant meeting and chatting with folk. We had so much fun (I was with my son Luke). Massive thanks to everyone who provided the machines.
We played many great machines and now have so many on my wish list (a couple on my need list :-))

We both played in the PinFest Open and Classic competitions. loved it, even though I may not have done so well, I enjoyed every minute.
It was good to see you again Craig, glad you had a great time

Great to meet you both, Ian and Dan

Best PinFist yet - thank you pin folk. Nice one Phil.

Thanks for the assist in setup and take down. Real sorry i forgot to say bye to some of you before we left on Sunday - combination of Beer, Ibuprofen and ajax i think. Glad i was not driving this time :-)

Big thanks to Rob for picking all the pins up, loading and unloading while i watched and took the 9iss.

Pin mojo restored. Gun game Rufus will be alive this year and if i can, will get it to the show next year complete with raspberry Pi and fowl mouthed Rufus.

See you all again soon.

PS to the Northerners, would love to come to a meet later this year - keep me in mind so i can be a special guest star at one of your league meets please :-)

We had a fantastic time at pinfest, it gets bigger and better every year so a huge thanks to Big Phil and everyone involved in running the event, especially the NLP guys who keep the machines running. I really enjoyed the comps this year, thanks to all involved in running them.

A very tiring weekend with too much drink and too little sleep but I was still up till 1am watching the last few hours of the finals on stream last night, I couldn't turn it off! amazing play by all finalists. 👏

Great fun once again. Machines were playing well and so was I for a change! Never came across any machine hogs on the Saturday either.

The main room seemed to stay quite cool this year too.

Apparently I was doing some dodgy wiggling whilst playing Elton John and Iron Maiden (Village people and ABBA!?)

Many amazing contributors and volunteers will probably be busy right now breaking things down and shipping out.
Truly astounding how much effort and support goes into Pinfest - and it really is appreciated.
Each year I chat more, and play less - but each year is better and better.
Congratulations to everyone involved in making Pinfest what it is: organisers, techs, tournament directors, scorers, pin contributers, streamers, players, DJ, Karaokers, David and Toby for their talks, and of course Team Big Phil.

National news this week too :)

See you all next year, and hopefully some before then.

Steve.

Congratulations everyone involved, another superb weekend of fun!

Really appreciate all the hard work getting machines up and running, then the miserable task of breaking them down and loading once it's all over.

Cheers to all of you :thumbs:

Well done all the winners too!

Absolutely brilliant!

What a show! Soooooo busy!! It was incredible to see the number of people enjoying the pins, I've never seen Daventry anywhere close to that, it was on another level. The amount of media coverage from @NateG119 and the Alliance of east Anglia pinball people (AoeApp) really heightened everything.

Obviously for me the competitions is my main focus and my god this was such a level up from any Pinfest before. The attention to detail that @Lecari , @David_Vi and @Wizcat put in, from the individual machine notes, the card machine for entries and of course the setups of the games. This was a seriously challenging bank of games, but the setups were so well thought through, they were fair and consistent and apart from the early removal of Mousin which brought in Neil's beautiful Meteor and unfortunately my Paragon which decided to keep it together through qualifying but then twat out in finals (I'm so sorry Josh) the machines took an absolute beating from 147 players, an all time record number, and held up so well to the onslaught. A true credit to those legends supplying the machines and esspecially David who worked so tirelessly. Paul, Claire and David, you really were an incredible team, you worked so incredibly hard, it was non stop, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the efforts, literally cannot wait to see what you guys put together again next year 😍

The Classics this year too were by far the best they have ever been, @Arv and Mrs Arv are absolute class acts, the attention to detail again, with the prizes, the print outs each round, the big screens, a true labour of love that takes so so much time and effort to get right. Thank you so much for everything you did, £2000 for the top prize in both the main and classics is truly astounding, I can't quite believe how far competitive pinball has come in the UK in the last few years. You are my heroes.

Massive congratulations to @Matt Vince and Andreas on there wins in the main and classics, superb play both 👏

And thank you to @ailsaclunie , the Scottish and NLP crew, Geoff the ref @Calimori and anyone else involved in the kids comp, my boys literally had the best time ever and are so gutted they have to wait another year to do it again.

And @strobey , what a legend, the streaming of the main competition was just incredible again, the way you work so tirelessly, producing one of the best streams in competitive pinball for this single event is beyond belief.

And of course a massive thank you to @Big Phil his family, his whole team, who put on the greatest show and do it with such composure and joy. The machine donators, those loading and unloading, the techs, the hotel staff, the electricians, Pinball Republic, @philpalmer, @CHRIS B PINBALLS and @David retro for bringing the latest and greatest games. The team effort was astonishing.

And just a final word on Claire, because she deserves it. She had to be one of, if not the hardest working person at Pinfest, running the main comp and both womens comps, handling herself with class in the midst of adversity when never drains went down during the women's qualifying, having to deal with a really difficult clash between the main and women's finals in the scheduling. And then coming through all of that on Saturday, at gone midnight, taking down some of the best female competitors in world pinball to win the whole twatting women's tournament and the £1000 prize! It's truly emotional and couldn't have happened to a better person

Thank you everyone, I twatting
love Pinfest ❤️

Last edited:
fantastic weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed my 1st Pinfest. Massive thanks to all the team involved with making the weekend a great success, I’ll definitely be back next year!

Was great to have a chance to play so many machines that I haven’t seen before.

Both the classic and open competition were great, really well run with a fantastic selection of machines.

It was great to chat and laugh with people I knew and meet new friends.

Congratulations to Matt and Clare on their wins.

Thanks to @Big Phil for organising Pinfest this year. A superb event with what seemed like a record number of people! Sorry for 'breaking' your DE Star Wars (but, in the most fun way possible)!

It was wonderful to meet so many friends, both old and new, and I'm sorry if I saw you and we didn't have time to chat (happened with several people - hope to see you at another event soon :) )

Thanks to @Arv for the superb classics tournament. Lovely to meet you again and huge thanks for all the work of organising, and for the wonderful and interesting selection of competition machines. Thanks for taking the time out to explain the 'best game' format to me - I really appreciated it :) I'll definitely try to spend more time competing (in both classics and main) next year. As always, our drive down on Saturday took WAAYYY longer than I'd planned.

Congratulations to @Matt Vince and @Lecari on their wins! Especially impressive as @Lecari was working hard all weekend!

Thanks, too, to @Atlantis (I think) who set up the super-interesting David Fix talk. A shame I had to rush off slightly early.

i'm sure I've missed someone working hard behind the scenes. If that was you, it was a super event - huge thanks for your hard work!

Onwards and upwards! :)

Was truly humbled how the team/organisers all worked their socks off they all great people and totally dedicated to the cause
Whole thing is ran to perfection from unloading pins to exit pins
Tournaments and general maintaining etc
Ailsa made my wife feel so comfortable from the get go
And like somebody mentioned earlier there seems to be more people
who you meet every year which means I only played around 6 games of pin
On the Friday and not too many on the Satuday but least had a few hrs on Sunday
Roll on next yr
A mentioned to Wayne j and team who installed some flipper fans on my machine which ended up
Been a fiddly and nearly 1 hrs job
Between 6 and 7pm which is also their downtime so truly appreciate that
And big phil never cease to amaze me his generosity and time
Thankyou all

Wow, what a fantastic weekend and as others have already said, quite probably the best Pinfest so far. Taking over the whole hotel for the whole weekend certainly seemed to work, as did having the extra day. Huge thanks to everyone involved who made it happen; Craig’s.post above sums it up perfectly.

I'm personally delighted that Peter has finally been inducted into the Hall of Fame. I've been nominating him for years in vain, but at last he has been deservedly recognised for his huge contribution to UK pinball over the years.

Absolutely knackered this morning and suffering from post Pinfest blues and wishing I was still there. Roll on Pinfest 2025!

I've got the Post Pinfest Blues again. Great show, great people, great machines, good times.
Thank you to Phil for taking such a great lead on this event, it wouldn't happen without you leading it. And our thanks to all of the people who make it happen. There are so many who play a part, organising, fixing, donating, scoring etc. I don't want to miss any of them out.
I felt the hotel stepped up this year to be better organised with food and drinks, and some were extremely helpful.
This was my families first visit and it went well. I see more and more kids at this show, soon they will need their own room and tournaments, though some were out performing their parents already. ;)

Brilliant weekend. Great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

Thankyou to: All the people that brought their machines. Truly stunning turnout of machines. Tournament organizers did an amazing job, thankyou. Thanks to Phil & everyone involved for making it happen.

Intriguing times as per usual :)

Ivan

Another fantastic Pinfest! A number of people to thank including:

All the machine donators
All the tech staff and NLP guys doing an incredible job
@Lecari @Wizcat @David_Vi for running the main tournament
@Arv and Eve for running the classics
@ailsaclunie and her team for organising the ladies, NBA
All the front of house staff for dealing with a super busy event, and keeping smiling all the time
And of course @Big Phil for putting on the highlight of my year. An awesome achievement with more machines, more comp entries, and no doubt more headaches than ever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

On a personal level it was fantastic to catch up with some amazing people, and play pinball ( and get beat by most of them 🤣). Delighted to have qualified for the finals, unfortunately couldn't keep going, but had a great time, a great qualifying group too. Congrats to all the finalists and winners, and a special shout out to @NateG119 and @Matt Vince

Just been watching a bit of Tim’s great stream back. @strobey I can see there is a period during Saturday morning qualifying.where Tim was chatting to me believing I was in the chat as there has been comments put up under my username. This wasn't actually me! This was my daughter watching it and being a bit goofy as she would say. So apologies to anyone who thought it was me!

Back
Top Bottom