What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2024 - August 16th, 17th & 18th

Not long to go now!

Any top tips for a newbie to all this?

Do what @windoesnot said. Definitely enter one of the comps or both it doesn't take time and it's great to dip your foot in and see how you do 😄

Also if more than one person is waiting for a game you can ask if they'd like to play a multiplayer game.

Try not to hog machines if people are waiting 😄

Only use 1 credit per game, not all 4. If you feel lethargic, seek out Ailsa - she'll feed you Tablet & you'll be buzzin'. She's the gypsy, the tablet queen; she'll tear your soul apart 😉

Not long to go now!

Any top tips for a newbie to all this?
No need to be nervous - everyone is friendly, happy to share knowledge, a beer...
Have a go at the tourny, doesn't matter if you are rubbish, you'll probably be above me :)
First year I went (2019), I tried to get my "money's worth" from the ticket. I think each year I've played less pinball and spent more time with new found friends.
Come say hello if you see me I'm the 6'4" guy with a Pinballama t-shirt on.

Oh - deoderant. ;)

So forgive me if I have missed this if its been already covered, is there a rundown somewhere of the competitions that are going on and when. I will be there from Friday night to Sunday AM. Would like to enter a short comp if possible.

I might be biase but the NBA tournament is a great one for old and new to the hobby. Even if you know the machine, you rarely ever get to play it connected to a second one and go head to head. Next, each year they score slightly differently and everyone has to learn what is the big scoring part this time.
Finally, it is run by some lovely people, who will help you feel at home. Then there is me, who will be dressed as a referee and will shout abuse at you, if you ask nicely.

I might be biase but the NBA tournament is a great one for old and new to the hobby. Even if you know the machine, you rarely ever get to play it connected to a second one and go head to head. Next, each year they score slightly differently and everyone has to learn what is the big scoring part this time.
Finally, it is run by some lovely people, who will help you feel at home. Then there is me, who will be dressed as a referee and will shout abuse at you, if you ask nicely.
@ailsaclunie @Calimori

If you are missing anyone (someone doesnt turn up etc) then please let me know.... I'd be happy to loose again for the "goodnessknowshowmany" years running :D

Did anyone happen to catch East Anglian news tonight? They did a 5 minute bit on it. A couple of familiar faces in there too.

Did anyone happen to catch East Anglian news tonight? They did a 5 minute bit on it. A couple of familiar faces in there too.

Back
Top Bottom