What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2024 - August 16th, 17th & 18th

I just want to say, this was my 3rd year at the ukpinfest and this year was brilliant. I want to thank the whole team involved and thank you so much for the help with my vpin, getting inside the hotel and out at the end.
It was a fantastic opportunity for me and also Toby from VPinworkshop to get together and showcase virtual pinball for what it is.

So many outstanding pinball machines on display is fantastic and I hope to come every year. Again thank you.
Thank you for letting me bring my machine. Can't wait for next year.

Last edited:
What a show! Soooooo busy!! It was incredible to see the number of people enjoying the pins, I've never seen Daventry anywhere close to that, it was on another level. The amount of media coverage from @NateG119 and the Alliance of east Anglia pinball people (AoeApp) really heightened everything.

Obviously for me the competitions is my main focus and my god this was such a level up from any Pinfest before. The attention to detail that @Lecari , @David_Vi and @Wizcat put in, from the individual machine notes, the card machine for entries and of course the setups of the games. This was a seriously challenging bank of games, but the setups were so well thought through, they were fair and consistent and apart from the early removal of Mousin which brought in Neil's beautiful Meteor and unfortunately my Paragon which decided to keep it together through qualifying but then twat out in finals (I'm so sorry Josh) the machines took an absolute beating from 147 players, an all time record number, and held up so well to the onslaught. A true credit to those legends supplying the machines and esspecially David who worked so tirelessly. Paul, Claire and David, you really were an incredible team, you worked so incredibly hard, it was non stop, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the efforts, literally cannot wait to see what you guys put together again next year 😍

The Classics this year too were by far the best they have ever been, @Arv and Mrs Arv are absolute class acts, the attention to detail again, with the prizes, the print outs each round, the big screens, a true labour of love that takes so so much time and effort to get right. Thank you so much for everything you did, £2000 for the top prize in both the main and classics is truly astounding, I can't quite believe how far competitive pinball has come in the UK in the last few years. You are my heroes.

Massive congratulations to @Matt Vince and Andreas on there wins in the main and classics, superb play both 👏

And thank you to @ailsaclunie , the Scottish and NLP crew, Geoff the ref @Calimori and anyone else involved in the kids comp, my boys literally had the best time ever and are so gutted they have to wait another year to do it again.

And @strobey , what a legend, the streaming of the main competition was just incredible again, the way you work so tirelessly, producing one of the best streams in competitive pinball for this single event is beyond belief.

And of course a massive thank you to @Big Phil his family, his whole team, who put on the greatest show and do it with such composure and joy. The machine donators, those loading and unloading, the techs, the hotel staff, the electricians, Pinball Republic, @philpalmer, @CHRIS B PINBALLS and @David retro for bringing the latest and greatest games. The team effort was astonishing.

And just a final word on Claire, because she deserves it. She had to be one of, if not the hardest working person at Pinfest, running the main comp and both womens comps, handling herself with class in the midst of adversity when never drains went down during the women's qualifying, having to deal with a really difficult clash between the main and women's finals in the scheduling. And then coming through all of that on Saturday, at gone midnight, taking down some of the best female competitors in world pinball to win the whole twatting women's tournament and the £1000 prize! It's truly emotional and couldn't have happened to a better person

Thank you everyone, I twatting
love Pinfest ❤️

Craig this means so much to us, thank you.
We've run so many events in the past 3 years and I'm really proud of all I've learnt in a comparatively short space of time. It gave me a good foundation for preparing for the big task of running the Pinfest Open but nothing compares for how intense those days are!
When you play in a comp like that you don't realise the amount of work that's goes into it from the prep and planning well in advance, the days and weeks of game tweaks and testing.
I was aware of this as it's one of my favourite things (I'm weird) but one thing you easily overlook is the amount of hard work and full days working that comp area when the weekend finally arrives.
I didn't play one freeplay game all weekend, much like most of the staff. Long tiring days on little sleep in the comp bank..
But I wouldn't change it for the world, I absolutely loved it (save for a few heart stopping moments where things went pear shaped🫣).
To add to this, I have been long term sick with sciatica for quite a few months now, it's not been as bad for a couple months but I'm still being careful, the NLP guys and the hero Ian Clarricoats helped me set up our 10 games (4 in classics, 1 in ladies/league and 5 in the Open), then the remaining open games so I didn't have to do the dead lift to get the games on their back legs. They were adamant that I don't do too much and end up totally crippled over the weekend.

Also the support from NLP with game issues and various welfare checks when I was left on my own at the comp bank for over 8hours when Claire and Paul were dealing with the ladies (which overrun substantially due to software issues) and the league finals. I was brought food, tea and offered help if required.
Goes without saying without the hard work of Phil and the NLP crew we wouldn't have a show.

Back to the Pinfest Open,

I appreciate all the feedback, whether negative or positive. So far it's been overwhelmingly positive.

We really wanted to level up the comp compsred to previous years, I know Paul has been keen to do it and it felt like the right time.
I had worried about game setup for a while and a few people were concerned the games selected could be too easy, or play too long… I tried to address this and potentially I went too far with difficulty on some games, but it's a hard balance to get right first time as things are different on the day.

Appreciate any feedback, positive or negative via PM so we can make it even better!

Plenty more on my mind but so hard to put it into words, just Thankyou everyone who makes the show such an epic weekend. It's so special

Yes. Ring the hotel tomorrow and tell them you forgot.
Yes turned off.
Just a quick one to say thank you so much to @Big Phil and everyone else who worked their magic to make this event so amazing, my friend and I had a great time on Saturday and we can't wait until next years one.
And thank you very much to @Ant-H @Silverpaolo and @David retro for bring the bit n bobs I had bought to the show and it was great to meet you all.

Last edited:
I Noticed the amnesty "only" ran until 2:00pm Sunday so phoned. I was informed that "we do not enforce any parking eye fines. *IF* you get one, call us and we will cancel it..." so should be fine. They also thought it was only registering on way IN. Either way, should be fine..

I need to add that @Zaccaria Keith is an absolute legend. From the moment we joined the Zac club with @Lecari 's Locomotion he's been a wealth of knowledge and tolerated my stupid questions while I was still learning the past two years. Also fixed the soundboard issue which noone else could suss out.

My Zac space shuttle was in the classics and although pretty reliable it suffered with a sticky flipper at one point and a shattered shooter rod later. Keith took it upon himself to look into these issues, super gluing the shooter rod to keep it running, going home at night and bringing a new shooter rod back the next day.

All while I was manning the Open Comp bank

Certainly kept me stress free so I could focus on what was important.

I Noticed the amnesty "only" ran until 2:00pm Sunday so phoned. I was informed that "we do not enforce any parking eye fines. *IF* you get one, call us and we will cancel it..." so should be fine. They also thought it was only registering on way IN. Either way, should be fine..
That doesn't work so well if you have a leased car. The leasing company will receive the Parking Charge Notice (legally it's not a fine, it's an invoice dressed up as a fine; the ones that are actually legally enforceable fines are called a Penalty Charge Notice - note the remarkable similarity in names) and they will forward it on to you (or tell Parking Eye who keeps the car but usually charge you an admin fee for dealing with it, so you end up paying the admin fee even if you don't pay the Parking Charge Notice.

What a show! Soooooo busy!! It was incredible to see the number of people enjoying the pins, I've never seen Daventry anywhere close to that, it was on another level. The amount of media coverage from @NateG119 and the Alliance of east Anglia pinball people (AoeApp) really heightened everything.

Obviously for me the competitions is my main focus and my god this was such a level up from any Pinfest before. The attention to detail that @Lecari , @David_Vi and @Wizcat put in, from the individual machine notes, the card machine for entries and of course the setups of the games. This was a seriously challenging bank of games, but the setups were so well thought through, they were fair and consistent and apart from the early removal of Mousin which brought in Neil's beautiful Meteor and unfortunately my Paragon which decided to keep it together through qualifying but then twat out in finals (I'm so sorry Josh) the machines took an absolute beating from 147 players, an all time record number, and held up so well to the onslaught. A true credit to those legends supplying the machines and esspecially David who worked so tirelessly. Paul, Claire and David, you really were an incredible team, you worked so incredibly hard, it was non stop, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the efforts, literally cannot wait to see what you guys put together again next year 😍

The Classics this year too were by far the best they have ever been, @Arv and Mrs Arv are absolute class acts, the attention to detail again, with the prizes, the print outs each round, the big screens, a true labour of love that takes so so much time and effort to get right. Thank you so much for everything you did, £2000 for the top prize in both the main and classics is truly astounding, I can't quite believe how far competitive pinball has come in the UK in the last few years. You are my heroes.

Massive congratulations to @Matt Vince and Andreas on there wins in the main and classics, superb play both 👏

And thank you to @ailsaclunie , the Scottish and NLP crew, Geoff the ref @Calimori and anyone else involved in the kids comp, my boys literally had the best time ever and are so gutted they have to wait another year to do it again.

And @strobey , what a legend, the streaming of the main competition was just incredible again, the way you work so tirelessly, producing one of the best streams in competitive pinball for this single event is beyond belief.

And of course a massive thank you to @Big Phil his family, his whole team, who put on the greatest show and do it with such composure and joy. The machine donators, those loading and unloading, the techs, the hotel staff, the electricians, Pinball Republic, @philpalmer, @CHRIS B PINBALLS and @David retro for bringing the latest and greatest games. The team effort was astonishing.

And just a final word on Claire, because she deserves it. She had to be one of, if not the hardest working person at Pinfest, running the main comp and both womens comps, handling herself with class in the midst of adversity when never drains went down during the women's qualifying, having to deal with a really difficult clash between the main and women's finals in the scheduling. And then coming through all of that on Saturday, at gone midnight, taking down some of the best female competitors in world pinball to win the whole twatting women's tournament and the £1000 prize! It's truly emotional and couldn't have happened to a better person

love Pinfest ❤️

Thanks for your kind words Craig. Eve @Evalump always says you're the nicest man in Pinball. You're quite right it is a labour of love and can be quite challenging at times and if it seems i'm a little off at times it's due to a lot going on in my head and not to be taken personally. People don't see us working into the wee hours (Packaging up the Pre-Registration bags until 2am Thursday and then up at 5:30am making sure everything is good to go) and sometimes i'm dead on my feet.

I'd like to thank all the people who supplied a machine for the Classic and to the scorekeepers that helped out as i couldn't do it without you (especially @Zaccaria Keith). And to the Mrs also who worked tirelessly over the weekend i owe you a bunch of flowers.

And to all the people that played in the classic too, you lovely bunch of coconuts..

Onward to the next UK Pinfest and The Pinball Classic Vol V...

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words Craig. Eve always says you're the nicest man in Pinball. You're quite right it is a labour of love and can be quite challenging at times and if it seems i'm a little off at times it's due to a lot going on in my head and not to be taken personally. People don't see us working into the wee hours (Packaging up the Pre-Registration bags until 2am Thursday and then up at 5:30am making sure everything is good to go) and sometimes i'm dead on my feet.

I'd like to thank all the people who supplied a machine for the Classic and to the scorekeepers that helped out as i couldn't do it without you (especially @Zaccaria Keith). And to the Mrs also who worked tirelessly over the weekend i owe you a bunch of flowers (I'd tag her in here but i think her account has been purged over the upgrade).

And to all the people that played in the classic too, you lovely bunch of coconuts..

Onward to the next UK Pinfest and The Pinball Classic Vol V...
The organisation and setup of the Classic was outstanding and I would encourage more people to get involved for an hour or so to help with the scoring. It's very easy to do and you get to meet lots of fellow enthusiasts and give a little bit back in return for the huge effort that folks like Shaun and Eve put into running these competitions which so many enjoy.

After 9yrs from nib. The day I sold it, the 5v regulator let the magic dust out. How embarrassing 😳

Amazing event once again!
I don't know enough about the british pinball community to name everyone i'd like to thank! But damn, I loved every second of it!
Thank you to all the people behind this event! Soooo many awesome machines everywhere! Could easily have stayed in that location for three weeks!

The only thing I would like to change was my garbage play in the final! o_O

Matt was a well deserved winner! He's a pleasure to be around, so I couldn't be more happy he took the win!
Congratulations!

I'll be back again next year, ofc!

Cheers,
Mike from Denmark! ;)

Another great pinfest once again and as always it was over too quickly...

Many thanks to all involved. Such a simple understated statement for all the effort that goes in to this event.

The UK hall of fame induction was a very nice surprise, a big thank you to all those who nominated me and to all those who continue to support Special When Lit pinball club. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you again in October for the 15th birthday party, if not before!

Roll on next year and the scramble for booking rooms in a few weeks time...!

love Pinfest ❤️

I doubt I'd ever be able to sum up my thanks and gratitude for how fantastic this year's show, tournament, games and team were half as good as Craig has above, absolutely nailed it.

So glad the tv and radio appearances were well received and great to see BBC/ITV pop in to the actual event too, the more eyes on Pinfest the better!

Still in complete shock as to my tournament performance, will bring myself to watch the whole thing back at some point soon. But even if I hadn't qualified at all I'd still have had the best weekend with the best people :) really appreciative of all the effort that goes in to make the weekend happen. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

I doubt I'd ever be able to sum up my thanks and gratitude for how fantastic this year's show, tournament, games and team were half as good as Craig has above, absolutely nailed it.

So glad the tv and radio appearances were well received and great to see BBC/ITV pop in to the actual event too, the more eyes on Pinfest the better!

Still in complete shock as to my tournament performance, will bring myself to watch the whole thing back at some point soon. But even if I hadn't qualified at all I'd still have had the best weekend with the best people :) really appreciative of all the effort that goes in to make the weekend happen. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Your games on Creature, Flash Gordon and BKSOR were absolutely unreal, great performance

Pinfest Open 2023 - Players 119, Top prize £1200, Wppr's - 32.61

Pinfest Open 2024 - Players 147, Top prize £2000, Wppr's - 102.79

So close to getting the tournament to certified+ , only needed 8 more rated players and the event booster would have been 150% and 130+ Wppr's for Matt!

Thank you so much Paul, Claire and David, talk about progress!

Here is to next year, with the amount of new players that joined in and clearly loved the tournament, getting to Cert+ should be possible!

Success 🙌

Our Scared Stiff table sure had a good outing at Pinfest this year! Checked the freeplay counter which was reset beforehand and it had 2,056 plays over the 3 days.

In context, within the last 12 months it had around 10,000 plays in our arcade at 25p per play. So that's around two and a half months normal use it had during pinfest.

And the only casualty was one of the boogie men monsters went flying because the 3D printed slingshot extension snapped, I guess that was a lot of boogieing! 😀

IMG_9926.webp

Our Scared Stiff table sure had a good outing at Pinfest this year! Checked the freeplay counter which was reset beforehand and it had 2,056 plays over the 3 days.

In context, within the last 12 months it had around 10,000 plays in our arcade at 25p per play. So that's around two and a half months normal use it had during pinfest.

And the only casualty was one of the boogie men monsters went flying because the 3D printed slingshot extension snapped, I guess that was a lot of boogieing! 😀

View attachment 259246

Can't be right unfortunately. Even if every game was 3 minutes long and it was played literally back to back and non-stop, that would be over four days of play

Can't be right unfortunately. Even if every game was 3 minutes long and it was played literally back to back and non-stop, that would be over four days of play
Ha, you did the same exercise as me. I came up with the main hall being open for 22.5 hours so it works out at 91 plays per hour or an average game time of c. 40 seconds with no breaks

In the past mine have normally had around 400-500 plays. GOTG only managed 75 this year though before the dreaded node board failure.

Back
Top Bottom