What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Absolutely not, people can't be bothered with the price flaming on the forum so do it off it. My last deal was done off grid. Otherwise I would have had a handful of very vocal people going on it's not worth X I bought pins in 2005 for £500.

That's not to say some pins advertised are overpriced.

Some definitely are personally the days of buying a NiTB and then selling for a couple of hundred quid less are long gone
Ok - so whilst i appreciate that sometimes things cant be "fixed", how can we attempt to "fix" this as best we can? There will always be those that want to

Turn off comments? Allow the author to choose wether to allow comments or not (this would only be possible using the old "new" system we had in place, and i will need to ask the author if they can implment it).. which lots hated because it was just like a classified Ad and whilst part of the forum was a separate part and not just another discussion thread like they are currently.

I want to be able to ENCOURAGE selling on here. I get completely this place is probably 10% of the UK market - however surely it must benefit everyone if we can get it right here!

More aggressive moderation. Delete any posts not directly relate to the sale/any having unnecessary digs
Ok - Devils advocate here.

You post a Popeye for £5k -

Would i be out of line telling you that it's priced too high?
Would it be right for me to tell you one sold last week for £1k?
Would it be correct for me to point out any damage on the machine?

We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beerholder - One persons "Mint" is another persons "Used" and someone elses "players quality".

Please dont take this at all as a critisizm - it isnt meant that way - It's just me trying to understand your understanding/thoughts around this Jonathan 👍

We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beerholder - One persons "Mint" is another persons "Used" and someone elses "players quality".

Please dont take this at all as a critisizm - it isnt meant that way - It's just me trying to understand your understanding/thoughts around this Jonathan 👍

Popeye is easily 5k of awesomeness 😃

It's exactly comments like that that mean people don't post ads on here anymore though

It’s a tricky one for moderators and forum generally e.g. i have a JJP POTC LE that I would probably be happy to move on, but after the constant negativity on the last one that came up , it does make you think very carefully if it’s worth the hassle listing on the forum or finding an alternative option.

Ok - so whilst i appreciate that sometimes things cant be "fixed", how can we attempt to "fix" this as best we can? There will always be those that want to

Turn off comments? Allow the author to choose wether to allow comments or not (this would only be possible using the old "new" system we had in place, and i will need to ask the author if they can implment it).. which lots hated because it was just like a classified Ad and whilst part of the forum was a separate part and not just another discussion thread like they are currently.

I want to be able to ENCOURAGE selling on here. I get completely this place is probably 10% of the UK market - however surely it must benefit everyone if we can get it right here!
Hi Paul,

It's a difficult one, I'm for comments some are trying to be helpful and constructive especially around over perceived over priced pins. Some are genuinely over priced, however each individuals circumstances are different. If it's a new account trying to rip forum members off with a liberty games price then flame thrower should be activated.

Perhaps the ignore could work for individual sale threads rather than the whole site.
The Sellar then has the option to ignore the comments and they are hidden the same as ignore a user. Best of both worlds. Although not sure technically with the code options that's possible.

I try and have sold and bought within the community, even the off grid was and try to make site donations.

It’s a tricky one for moderators and forum generally e.g. i have a JJP POTC LE that I would probably be happy to move on, but after the constant negativity on the last one that came up , it does make you think very carefully if it’s worth the hassle listing on the forum or finding an alternative option.
Unfortunately alot of negativity around that is sour grapes most people if there honest enough could never afford a pirates. The price is fair considering it's rarity, similar to big bang. It's kinda irrelevant whether it's worth it. Personally I think Adams is over priced, but the price is the price. Then again I think a Ferrari is as well 🤣

It's exactly comments like that that mean people don't post ads on here anymore though
It can be off-putting. Part of the problem is the oldies and newbies (perceived). Whilst I've only owned machine s fairly recently I have been around since early 2000, going to the trade shows in London every year. The price arguments are normally from the oldies who can't comprehend that unfortunately pins now even old 💩 ones are expensive. So when something like Popeye comes up for £3k because at one point you couldn't give it away it's can't possibly be worth it, but the age, rarity and changing times means it might. (Or not)

It's similar to games I had the UK version of Panza dragon saga for the Saturn along with about 50 games. When I sold them at the time there weren't worth much now, maybe £10k +, not for Panza alone but the games I had, resident silver gun,, etc etc

It's depressing and I can't comprehend why games are £500 + but it is what it is

Poor old Popeye - always the go to example as a 💩 or over priced pin 😂

Gonna go read my guide to the old seadog ❤️

Poor old Popeye - always the go to example as a 💩 or over priced pin 😂

Gonna go read my guide to the old seadog ❤️

"Lol"

To be honest I haven't played it since it came out, it's not that bad. I think avatar worse, that and sterns 2003 ISH playboy

Perhaps the ignore could work for individual sale threads rather than the whole site.
The Sellar then has the option to ignore the comments and they are hidden the same as ignore a user. Best of both worlds.
I don't see how the seller not seeing the (perceived) negative comments helps if everyone else can still see them.

Anything that impacts the seller selling his/her Pin inevitably causes friction.

I don't see how the seller not seeing the (perceived) negative comments helps if everyone else can still see them.

Anything that impacts the seller selling his/her Pin inevitably causes friction.
That's true, but the alternative is switching all comments off.

What, so just stop all comments on sales threads??

If sellers don't want to risk being flamed, give them the option to permanently lock a sale thread. The downside (to the seller) would be that they would be unable to keep bumping their thread, but if they have priced it sensibly, this should not be an issue.

I quite like the comments, can add useful info. And as the right price is the one that seller and buyer are happy with, the comments do not have a direct effect on price.

If I saw a game for 4k and really wanted it, and the seller was firm on that price, I would buy regardless of a comment that it should be 3k.

This suggestion was a joke 🤣
But what i am saying is that it is very subjective - Personally if i was selling a quality machine then my price is my price - if it wasnt selling then i would have to accept that either the item wasnt as desirable as i thought, or my price is too high. If someone wants to haggle or trade then let them send me a PM....

Ive just pinged the developer of the "sales" add-on (that we dont use!) and asked if it would be possible to add the option where the seller could choose to allow or not allow comments via a checkbox in the initial post - lets see if something like that is possible first - it;s pointless me saying we could use that as an option if it's not available!

But what i am saying is that it is very subjective - Personally if i was selling a quality machine then my price is my price - if it wasnt selling then i would have to accept that either the item wasnt as desirable as i thought, or my price is too high. If someone wants to haggle or trade then let them send me a PM....

Ive just pinged the developer of the "sales" add-on (that we dont use!) and asked if it would be possible to add the option where the seller could choose to allow or not allow comments via a checkbox in the initial post - lets see if something like that is possible first - it;s pointless me saying we could use that as an option if it's not available!
Cool and agree with you 👍

Selling on here is the cheap and easy option.

If people are unhappy with comments then they can pay more and list via eBay.

Or they can deal with total dickheads via Facebook.

To be honest this forum is the only place I look at games on.

Selling on here is the cheap and easy option.

If people are unhappy with comments then they can pay more and list via eBay.

Or they can deal with total dickheads via Facebook.

To be honest this forum is the only place I look at games on.

Completely agree. If you decide to sell on a forum, you get comments. That's just how it works. If you price a machine fairly and describe it accurately then you have nothing to worry about.

In return you get a better class of buyer and the machine stays in the community.

Am I missing a downside?

Completely agree. If you decide to sell on a forum, you get comments. That's just how it works. If you price a machine fairly and describe it accurately then you have nothing to worry about.

In return you get a better class of buyer and the machine stays in the community.

Am I missing a downside?
What he said. Priced right it will sell in a day or two max

Back
Top Bottom