What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

69% of statistics are made up.

According to the ONS which gets its data from PAYE, earning 100k a year puts you in the top 3%. That's not "most people".

Would PAYE data exclude most tradesmen though? Seems with various governments pushing kids towards university, tradesmen are in short supply making very good money these days.
While most people wont be seeing those kinds of wages (I sure ain't) its definitely not that unusual.

Would PAYE data exclude most tradesmen though? Seems with various governments pushing kids towards university, tradesmen are in short supply making very good money these days.
While most people wont be seeing those kinds of wages (I sure ain't) its definitely not that unusual.
Depends one their pay structure. Someone who runs their own ltd will pay themselves dividends as those are taxed less, and I don't think that's included in the above data. I'd be surprised if it changes the percentile by more than a point though.

Agreed, Bksor 7.5k new, 5.5k to 6k 2nd hand would seem right. Stern rerunning it due to it being a sleeper hit.

Twd older dmd title so 4.5k if a pro, more for premium etc...imho
The problem is no one has bought a bk3000 pro ever for more than £6500 nib it’s never sold at the new price it wasn’t a popular title and I sold one for around 4k as no one was interested in it with only 20 plays on it

I think people do need a reality check on prices as jmac said look at the sea of red fs posts even multiple s of games not going anywhere it is certainly a buyer s market out there out of all the pins I have listed recently I have only got full up for the gz and I think my prices are pretty on the money the other games I have accepted offers on them that have not been miles away and people I know who are easy to deal with I have bought and sold a fair bit away from the forum also
Another line of sales that forum members used where Williams amusement s who are also feeling the pinch and are not buying anything

I think people do need a reality check on prices as jmac said look at the sea of red fs posts even multiple s of games not going anywhere it is certainly a buyer s market out there out of all the pins I have listed recently I have only got full up for the gz and I think my prices are pretty on the money the other games I have accepted offers on them that have not been miles away and people I know who are easy to deal with I have bought and sold a fair bit away from the forum also
Another line of sales that forum members used where Williams amusement s who are also feeling the pinch and are not buying anything

I would say Chris is the man who has great experience on this subject and knows his stuff,
so what he says ^^^

Sure but when you say 'most people' without context it reads like you're talking about everyone in the country
I was in agreement with what you where saying 👍 but if your pool of life experience is only a certain thing you begin to think that's normal, personally I got a real shock when I moved to northern ireland

Reactions: Jib
I was in agreement with what you where saying 👍 but if your pool of life experience is only a certain thing you begin to think that's normal, personally I got a real shock when I moved to northern ireland
You can still be realistic about the world and people's circumstances even if you're surrounded by millionaires, some people choose to be delusional though!

tradesmen are in short supply making very good money these days.
hmm. I'm very sceptical about this tbh - my guess is that people see tradesmen charging what seems like a high day rate, and estimate/calculate a high take-home salary from that, but without considering even a fraction of the overheads and non-working/unpaid/administration time. I have no data to back this up, so just my gut feel, but I doubt that many tradesmen are earning above UK average pay.

hmm. I'm very sceptical about this tbh - my guess is that people see tradesmen charging what seems like a high day rate, and estimate/calculate a high take-home salary from that, but without considering even a fraction of the overheads and non-working/unpaid/administration time. I have no data to back this up, so just my gut feel, but I doubt that many tradesmen are earning above UK average pay.
I'm not sure, my old man was a self employed tradesman for years, its true actual earnings are a fraction of the day rate once all the expenses and uncharged time is taken into account.

But even though he retired over two years ago, he still gets calls with people practically begging for him to do jobs, they just can't find anyone to even quote for months and when they do the costs are super high compared to a few years back.

Back to prices.
We always say, only two people need to agree on the price. The buyer and the seller.

The essence of the words Jmac and Chris B are saying is, if you want to shift a machine in the current marker, lower your price expectations.
If you are selling to buy another, then chances are, it will balance out.
If you are selling to buy a NIB, you are screwed.

Cheap wh20 just gone for £3265 on e bay true market value as it was for bids I haven’t seen one go on here for under £4500 for some time

Back
Top Bottom