What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I don't say much when it comes to price, but as were discussing.

The thing that I find difficult is how does anyone at the moment feel sure enough about anything to give advice on price with any accuracy? I've been doing this 25 years and have literally bought and sold hundreds of machines. And yet at the moment I feel like I don't have a clue. It seems to me like there are certain members who love to comment on every sales ad and give their opinion.

There is so much bias going on and if the argument is that comments are there to help out the new members trying to get into the market without getting burned, then this bias really isn't helpful. There are a few people's opinions who are really helpful and do add credibility because of their experience and the amount of turnover. But the majority of comments I do find negative and definitely do put lots of people off from listing games for sale.

It's a complicated issue that is very difficult to get right and it's been the most contentious issue in the hobby since I've been in it. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone has bias. It's why much more activity is happening outside the forum unfortunately.

Saying all this, I still voted to keep things the same. I think it still works better than the classifieds did. I just wish certain people would consider what they are saying and whether they are adding anything of value to a sales thread before typing

Regarding prices, most people on here aren't business sellers so they don't have to sell, it's more that they would like to sell. They aren't happy with current prices and what they are being offered so deciding to keep. I think that's why a lot are remaining unsold.

I've seen a few comments that people are ready to sell but not in the current market, myself included, I'd rather keep hold than take a bath on it.

As pointed out earlier if you are replacing a Pin then it should balance out, and trading is also an alternative. The gap between NIB and used is an issue though.

The market will correct itself one way or another.

Last edited:
I have just bought my 1st machine after wanting one for about 15 years, a STTNG. I had replied to a for sale thread on this forum but just missed out and then another member PM’d me to say he had one in a similar condition and was willing to sell it for a similar price. I did some research and reached out to another forum member to ask whether they thought it was legitimate. He found pics of the restoration process on another thread.

It was delivered last week by the seller and we had an interesting 2 hours trying to get it up a tight flight of stairs. He showed me around the machine and set it up.
I am delighted with my new purchase. It plays beautifully and has been immaculately restored. The thing is, more love has gone into this by the seller than if I had bought from a business. Plus it was a whole lot cheaper than would have been offered by a retailer.

Prices fluctuate and there may be some bias but for someone new to the hobby, this site is a million times better than EBay and is a great way of gauging what a machine might be worth based on previous sales and the opinions posted on here. It has enabled me to start my small collection after many years of watching from the sidelines.

This is how the majority of sales will go. As it is your first machine, as sellers, we will go the extra mile to make sure your first buying experience is a stress free smooth one. I have bought and sold a few machines on here. Apart from one sale (the buyer disputed the condition despite me having sent all the hi res pics) I have never had any issues at all. There is always help/advice available on here as we all want the same thing. Glad your first purchase was a good experience, and credit to the seller. Just remember now you have been broken in, next time the machine will be dropped off and the seller/courier won't be giving you two hours to get it up the stairs 😆😆😆

I’m new to the hobby and only been on the forum a couple of years but through this forum I have built up my own sense of value and believe I know what a pin is worth to me.
I think that is the key part about value and I wouldn’t have got to that point of being confident enough on value without this place.
It’s like a pinball training camp and long may it continue.

I rarely comment on here, but have to say the way it works now is great.. I sold a machine on here for the price I wanted and that gave me the money to buy another. Both had little comments on the actual adds, but….. both generated a lot of DM conversations on which the deals were done…. So for me it’s perfect as it is……

I rarely comment on here, but have to say the way it works now is great.. I sold a machine on here for the price I wanted and that gave me the money to buy another. Both had little comments on the actual adds, but….. both generated a lot of DM conversations on which the deals were done…. So for me it’s perfect as it is……
It's great when it works like that, but that isn't always the case.

Looking for a valuation on 5 wiring harnesses from NBA FASTBREAK.
H21536.2 Lamp
H21535.1 Switch
H21537 Solenoid
H21776-2 insert panel ( this is the back box pcbs to insert panel section only. Not to the actual insert panel lamps etc)
H21538 playfield opto

I’ve no idea as it’s not something I’ve seen for sale before and any searches seem to be ads from the distant past

Any input as ever is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpeg
    IMG_2667.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
Hey, hello! It's been a while since I've been involved with the community and looking for some advice. I have 4 machines that I'm looking to sell - TAF, ST:TNG, T2 & HS2. These are all players tables, so far from perfect (cards on table - TAF powered up, but doesn't play - I'll need to fix first, I expect the others too). They've all been in dry storage for some years - all bought from group members (I guess Yahoo Groups members if ya'll remember what that was).

Can someone give me an idea of what I could get for these (based in Scotland so would have to ship). Wondering whether do workshop them all first or simply get working to the point they all play properly. Thoughts? Looking to get money out for a new project.

Thanks!
Keith

Boy are you going to have a nice surprise if you are basing estimates on the old yahoo prices 😀

I’m also going to guess loads of sharks have already made offers on The TAF and Star Trek.

@Keith Donaldson people are going to bite your arm off for TAF, don't rush it.

I would definitely try to get the games in a playable state, make sure no battery leaks on the MPU board, etc.

Prices are hard in this falling market but maybe very rough guides assuming working order...

TAF 6 to 8k
STTNG 3 to 4k
HS2 2 to 3k
T2 2 to 3k

???

Hey, hello! It's been a while since I've been involved with the community and looking for some advice. I have 4 machines that I'm looking to sell - TAF, ST:TNG, T2 & HS2. These are all players tables, so far from perfect (cards on table - TAF powered up, but doesn't play - I'll need to fix first, I expect the others too). They've all been in dry storage for some years - all bought from group members (I guess Yahoo Groups members if ya'll remember what that was).

Can someone give me an idea of what I could get for these (based in Scotland so would have to ship). Wondering whether do workshop them all first or simply get working to the point they all play properly. Thoughts? Looking to get money out for a new project.

Thanks!
Keith
Wooohooo it’s Keith TOO

Thanks!
Keith
Agree with others get them working, check for acid damage board damage.

Adams sit on for a bit, you will get low ball offers, a poor players condition goes anything from £5k, 6k sometimes a little more. £5k would be really bad, magnet damage, insert problems a great contender for a total rebuild.

STTNG all depends if it works having owned one and having to totally rebuild it they can be a pain. £3 to £4k

No idea regarding T2 after ants amazing restoration people wanted them, I haven't seen one come up. Let's say £3 to £4k.

Hi speed 2 around £2.5 to £3k.

The market is terrible at the moment if you don't have a need to sell might be worth sitting on them for a while longer.

Good lucj I'm sure your get a million DM.

I wouldn't mind a T2 but can only have one machine and avengers isn't going anywhere

I would definitely try to get the games in a playable state, make sure no battery leaks on the MPU board, etc.

Prices are hard in this falling market but maybe very rough guides assuming working order...

TAF 6 to 8k
STTNG 3 to 4k
HS2 2 to 3k
T2 2 to 3k

???
Definitely tough to roughly price in this market, T2 is the one I have least idea of value, have you seen one come up?

Thanks!
Keith
@Keith Donaldson Don't leave the loving embrace of the pinball community!

TAF 6 to 8k
STTNG 3 to 4k
HS2 2 to 3k
T2 2 to 3k

???
Agree with the above, maybe put T2 a little higher than HS2.
TAF seems to have quite a small pricing window from £5k for a rough one up to £8kish for a minter it seems.

The market is terrible at the moment if you don't have a need to sell might be worth sitting on them for a while longer.
😂

The market is only terrible at the moment if you bought in the last couple of years.

If Keith bought during the Yahoo times then I’d estimate the TAF was 1-1.5k. The STTNG, HSii was £750 and T2 just under a grand.

Even at the start of this forum prices weren’t significantly higher. I remember picking up a HSii, lw3, wh20 and Flintstones for 3 grand in total.

It was a very different market 10 years ago.

Yay, it's Keith! :D

Don't get them working... you'll only want to play them and then want to keep them...!

Yes, the market is down at the moment but with top titles like those you'll receive plenty of good offers (plus a few low balls because there's a few on here that like to try it on).

Just spotted this on FB. Lady is looking for values on a LETHAL WEAPON 3 playfield. Don’t shoot the messenger - the advert’s attached!

Attachments

• IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 69

Thanks!
Keith
Hiya Keith, i vaguely remember you and you may just remember me, as i joined the Yahoo group in about 2010 when you were still active. i also recently returned from a 7 year hiatus and am now in the process of trying to get back the games i ended up selling while in a funk after putting them on my favourites list. i'll get them all back, but it will cost me - however it seems a lot of volatility in prices recently as the bubble that formed during lockdown has finally popped, so all the chumps who paid 6K for their WH2O are having to come to terms that it's still a 2nd tier game worth 3-4 like all the other second tier games. You have one top tier, and three 2nd tier games, and everyone will want to buy them off you.

I agree with John that if you bought these back in the 2005-2010 days you probably paid around 3-4K for them all. Nowadays i'd go along with above estimates that your collection should bring you about five times that. is it worth spending time and effort getting them nice before sale? meh. mileage may vary and it depends how much time you have, but if i was you i'd find someone willing to take the lot off your hands in one go, and let them do the work and make a few quid doing it. You should end up with probably anything between £12-16,000 in your pocket (just my guesses, and i am out of the loop but learning fast) depending on who you sold to and whether they are doing you a favour or rinsing you out.

you can always get most things back later if you change your mind - after all, they sold over 20,000 of the Addams Family. i got one in 2015 for 2700 and sold it in 2018 for 3200. can you believe that nowadays some people are willing to spunk fifteen grand on a game that comes new in a cardboard box? me neither.

i notice that you're hanging on to a few older titles you also own, why is that? you enjoy the sounds and the simpler rules, or is it the visuals..... or is it just that these were the first games you saw and fell in love with?

Thanks!
Keith
Get them working as I think pricing will be significantly reduced if the reason they don’t work is unknown.
Unless you have plenty of time, shopping 4 pins is a lot of work and not really worth it.

Back
Top Bottom