What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

TBH, I'll be listing a ton of crap now, car-van-lorry parts, i'd kinda given up(other than the 80% offers when i saw them) as the best way to sell was postage included, and it just wasn't worth selling anything due to the time involved prepping the item, then packing and posting and seeing the £25 sale turn into £12 in your account

Ebay know what they are doing. Maybe what.... 6 months and fees in some way or another will be back... nothing like the old bait and reel em in ploy...
Dont get something for nothing nowadays...

Always found it a pain to only be able to list Friday to Monday every two weeks, with the 70% off offer (for some reason everyone else seemed to get 80% off !?).

And yeah I agree the time and effort it takes to list an item and send it, not worth it sometimes.

I sold a snowboard for £20 with £15 postage then struggled to find a courier who would take it due to size for less than £35! Then you got the problem of arranging collection or dropping off which is not an option with Evri light and large etc

Now I think If you end up with less than a tenner profit, might as well bin it.

Ebay free listing isn't going to make me use their site like I once used to. Over the last 25 years I've watched the constant 'improvements' they make to the search algorithms and user interface just turn the experience into an unbearable chore, so I just don't use them unless I absolutely have to (just like my aversion to using Amazon). I've probably gone from using it multiple times every day, making daily purchases to maybe looking at it once a week now and not buying anything.

The listings are just so full of trash these days. There are hundreds of thousands of scripted arbitrage bot sellers and drop shippers, all with random prices for the same items that make finding the best deal real pain in the ****.

Obviously the niche markets have much better connected communities now with forums, facebook pages, discord and private groups taking away what I guess was a large amount of serious money sales.

The peak days of me being able to buy a pinball table for £150 or a Roland TR808 drum machine for £500 have long gone, and while ebay had been a lot easier than buying all the FreeAds and Loot papers from across the country, trying to sniff out arcade cabs in the '90s like I used to, I'm not going to miss the trauma of what ebay is now!

It is one of the original scams. In the early 80's the promoter Harvey Goldsmith advertised tickets for the Rolling Stones at Earls Court. Many 100,000's of people applied and paid for tickets and all the monies were banked Only about 70,000 tickets were available for the dates and goldsmith knew this but banked all the money. 3 months later he repaid all the unlucky applicants and apparently made over £150,000 on hight interest "overnight deposits" on the deal. Clearly e****e are doing something similar

Back
Top Bottom