What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aye. This and everyone dropping £10k+ on an X-Men.
Harsh times to be competing against Stern.
While I love the look of this Avatar, X-Men looks truly different, new and unique that’s what’s selling that game, Avatar with what’s been shown so far doesn’t come close to the WOW factor that X-Men gave.

Defo JJP need to get the pricing right on this considering the numbers sold on their previous releases.

The press release said no price changes so I would expect it to be the same price as Elton unless there has been a significant change in the $ to £ exchange Rate.

Although Kaneda said the press release was fake, but hes a massive bellend anyway and I dont believe a word he says.

While I love the look of this Avatar, X-Men looks truly different, new and unique that’s what’s selling that game, Avatar with what’s been shown so far doesn’t come close to the WOW factor that X-Men gave.
Agreed, the biggest attraction of X-Men so far for me is it looks a bit different to the usual stuff. Still need to see how it plays before having an informed opinion of it though.

Considering it’s 9am in Chicago and the reveal is the 12th, sounds about right.
They should have had this reveal done before Stern or straight after Stern. It would be interesting to know how many sales companies loose being last to the finish line.

Game looks great, lighting looks exceptional and the release video is excellent. It's nice to see a reveal which goes so deep, and it looks like the software must be pretty far along.

It's also good to see that pricing is much more competitive now that the LE is only £500 more than a Stern Premium. I have four JJP games and they feel like much higher quality products than any of my Sterns.

Unfortunately though the theme still leaves me totally cold. Ah well.

They really are a cut above when it comes to marketing and promo videos, that video was incredible wasn't it. That 'scramp' is pretty cool too, they really do push the envelope in terms of invention and chucking the kitchen sink at a game, fair play to them. But....as ever, all the blingy stuff is only great if the game is fun to play, if the flippers and shots feel good, if the rules and gameplay make you want to keep going back.

I really hope it does that because JJP get so much right but in comparison to Stern when it comes to ball on flipper FUN, have been a lot more miss than hit IMO. Super exciting though, 2 incredibly inventive, incredibly exciting games in the last few days, Pinball is awesome.

Looks good. On a side note, for the brief time Jack was on the video he had a really noticeable tremor. I hope the poor bloke doesn't have Parkinson's

isn't the scramp the venom ramp though? Apart from 5 standups and a lower playfield there doesn't look a lot to hit except ramps.

Jack didn't look well, hope he's ok.

Looks very polished doesn’t it? The theme really doesn’t resonate with me but there’s a lot going on here.

Not as sold on the two lower playfields. Especially if it uses smaller balls. The one in Munsters was awful but the ball appears to be bigger than that.

Compare this with Stern’s Avatar and you can see why competition is good for a market.

Reactions: JT.
The last week is a case study in contrasting launches.

UXM: amazing trailer, everybody losing their minds figuring out how it’ll all work, LEs sell out, all followed by a gameplay stream of four mildly disinterested blokes in fancy dress making their game look actively worse than it probably is

Avatar: potato quality leaked images, zero hype, questions around screen shots of a chipped scoop, followed by a super high production value video which shows and explains their ridiculously tricked-out and beautiful machine and topper which actually does something useful (!)

Back
Top Bottom