What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The production of that video is fantastic, took me from having zero interest in the game to going wow that actually looks pretty cool with the UV ink and topper.
Stern play revel I switched off people dressed in 💩xmen costumes followed by an irritating music was just poor, totally flipped the script, although I'm sure the game will be great. To be honest the music cheese call outs is similar to avenger infinity quest which once you have on a home environment is actually quite funny, it's 💩 but makes me laugh similar to Shadow knows🤭

Hoping this plays just as well as EJ because that was a fantastic presentation - definitely looks a lot better when shown cohesively as opposed to the tiny little reveals they were doing every day leading up to it's proper reveal. Can't say I really care about avatar as a theme in the slightest though.

If nothing else at least other pinball companies should use this reveal as a good guide on how to give a solid and detailed introduction to your game!

It’s really impressive how much effort JJP puts into their UI and on-screen visuals, Jean-Paul de Win does some incredible work, very immersive with even the smallest elements looking unique and true to the theme. I hope all the other manufacturers take a note out of JJPs book in terms of on-screen stuff.

The presentation was epic, felt like I was watching a behind the scenes for a movie instead of a pinball reveal trailer.

I hope the rumours are true for their upcoming games, if this same care and detail shows in Harry Potter then I would have to get one 😂

IMG_0047.webpIMG_0046.webp

Munsters lower playfield was rubbish. If it had been bigger with full size balls then it would have been better. For me it had no kinetic satisfaction..
"If it had been bigger with full size balls then it would have been better. For me it had no kinetic satisfaction.." You been speaking to my wife?...what she said on our wedding night....😗

JJP have certainly thrown the kitchen sink at this pin/licence. I’m really impressed, it’s a movie that would suit pinball. I more impressed by this than Elton John. It makes Sterns offering look slightly limp. However let’s not get carried away and wait for the actual gameplay.
It’s at a different price point though to a stern - ie there is no cheap “pro” option

Official gameplay due next Thursday. But should see some gameplay footage very soon, as some pinball and YouTube people currently now at a JJP media event.

Great PH price for Avatar, especially if you are a Stern Premium or LE buyer, people will have some serious thinking to do. Just hope it stays this way for the next JJP releases. (depends on the $ exchange rates I suppose)

Imagine if Elton John came in at this price near matching a Stern Premium. Elton John is fantastic, loved playing this at Pinfest.

Nice little clip, the Dons Pinball podcast on YT also has some little video and impressions on the game. Come morning for us should be plenty videos avaialble.

Bear in mind GnR started at 9k and by the time it had completed its run it was close to this price..
We've become acclimatised to high prices so when something new doesn't increase in price it seems like a good deal.

Given the prices I'd go for Avatar LE over Uncanny X-Men Premium, I'm indifferent to both themes though. I'd never heard of Uncanny X-Men, and thought there was only 1 Avatar film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom