What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Quick non BBB valuation question. Why is AFM valued at say £8k and MM £12k
Seems disproportionate to me especially as less AFM were made and is MM that much a better game/ theme?

I didn’t think any of these remakes lowered the value of the originals. MM, AFM, MB are all still top $$ machines.
Granted, they are all worth much less than the £25k for BBB.
Bbb is expensive due to its rarity , if all of a sudden 15 remakes arrived at 15k a piece people would just buy them, why spend another 10k for an original some might but I wouldn’t I’d be happy with a remake at a massive saving … just my opinion of course

That is assuming there were only 15 people who had wanted to buy BBB, which, I am purely guessing, there are many more.
And we can times those number by 10 and still have more people who want one.

That is assuming there were only 15 people who had wanted to buy BBB, which, I am purely guessing, there are many more.
And we can times those number by 10 and still have more people who want one.
If they re release stranger things with a new fancy edition I can’t see the original le going up in price … the more there is of something the price would reflect I’d think …

@Bobbdobalina
AFM was so successful that Williams gave Eddy free rein to reproduce that winning formula.

MM is more popular, maybe because the theme resonates with more people, Monty Python style humour, knights, trolls & castles etc..

I think the castle is better than saucer, both shake, the castle has a drawbridge and opening portcullis .. Very cool!

Last edited:
Quick non BBB valuation question. Why is AFM valued at say £8k and MM £12k
Seems disproportionate to me especially as less AFM were made and is MM that much a better game/ theme?
I’ve never understood this either all 3 remakes MM, AFM and MB are all great pins and I’ve owned all 3 originals a few times and a MBr le.
I’d personally have the CGC one any day over the originals for many reasons!
However the only one of these I would revisit again is AFMr le.
All I need now is someone have one for sale at the aforementioned 8k and I’m in 👍

I’ve never understood this either all 3 remakes MM, AFM and MB are all great pins and I’ve owned all 3 originals a few times and a MBr le.
I’d personally have the CGC one any day over the originals for many reasons!
However the only one of these I would revisit again is AFMr le.
All I need now is someone have one for sale at the aforementioned 8k and I’m in 👍
I've never played an AFMr LE I like as much as my 90s AFM. The remake feels easier, slower somehow and, I dunno, less 'snappy'. Looks nice, though, when AFM is generally an ugly pin (the reason MM is more expensive, I think. Plus, the castle).

We could discuss this stuff forever...

Why is Addam's Family so much more expensive than other pins, inc. Twilight Zone and modern Sterns, when loads were made? My answer: Nostalgia. Loads of people played it on location and buy one as their first pin.

Why is The Shadow about four times less pricey than any other Brian Eddy layout despite having a magnetic upper playfield, mode-based gameplay, etc.? I've never actually played a Shadow with the original backglass, so remained perplexed for a while as to why a comic pin with a Brian Eddy layout was so undervalued (the first one I ever played, I actually thought was a DMD-era Stern). My answer: It's hard and the (original) backglass sucks.

Again, why are Roadshow, DE Jurassic Park and a bunch of other pins so cheap when they have quality mode-based gameplay? And why, for that matter, are 80s/90s Gottlieb dirt cheap when there are stone-cold classics like Stargate among them? My answer: Either theme (Roadshow) or not having Bally or Williams in the name (Stargate, JP).

It's the way of the world. Some buyers are true collectors and are judging based on stuff other than gameplay 🤷‍♂️

It’s no secret I love my super blinged LEs however I equally love player condition pins too and own 4 of em.
However the remakes of MM ,MB and AFM have so much more
RGB LEDs.
Super nice improved detailed models at least on the MB I had.
BIG XL hi res display with totally remade graphics
Plus some of the best toppers ever made IMO.
It’s the old adage of you don’t look at the fireplace when stoking the fire but sadly I do as I find pins a thing of beauty and pure works or art.
If I come across A dirty filthy stinker of a pin at NERG or Pinfest I by pass it there’s no bigger put off for me.
I enjoy cleaning fixing and bringing a pin as much as playing them.
I know quite a few pinheads who enjoy the restore as much as playing them if not more!

I didn’t think any of these remakes lowered the value of the originals. MM, AFM, MB are all still top $$ machines
Lowered the price for those machines a lot initially in the USA. Chicago Gaming priced them very competitively whilst increasing supply at the same time. Different story in the UK when you’re adding 22% VAT to the price of a new one.

Hi, anyone got any ideas on the current price of a fully working but player's condition TAF please?

Thanks, Paul

TAF > IJ.

All day, any day 😂

Despite how many there are I’d suspect you’d now struggle to get even a ropey one for less than 6k.

It was always the benchmark of the A listers.

If they remade TAF it would still fly out. Always going to be in demand.

How much should one be paying for a stern Indiana Jones? Not seen one come up in a while

Last edited:
I also sold one around that time
Sold a nice one about 3 or 4 years ago …. 3500 I think . Obvs world gone to sh** since then so adjust accordingly 😁
I sold a super nice one around that time too but for only 2250. It was fully populated with my Flo protectors and fully shopped! It ended up on eBay a year later for 6k 😨
I’ll never forget that one for sure.

I've got a Williams Hurricane I'm going to sell. Does £1800 seem a fair price? I've not bought or sold any games in a few years so not so up to date on prices.

Attachments

• 20231002_143114.jpg
    20231002_143114.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231002_143105.jpg
    20231002_143105.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231002_143053.jpg
    20231002_143053.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231002_142938.jpg
    20231002_142938.jpg