What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

So, I was the winning bidder with TAF. I was well aware of the full fees being £8k, which was my maximum when I bid.

It is a pin I've always wanted and they hardly come up on here.

I read on here that it wouldn't start up so I contacted the auctioneer and asked a few questions. I got a load of pictures and it's actually in very good nick. They switched it on for me over the phone, and I could hear it booting up and the theme playing etc, so I know it wasn't completely dead.

There is a credit dot, and the holes have protectors so I think it has somewhat been looked after.

From what I gather, it was hardly used, it just seemed a bit dirty in places. The cabinet is in very good nick and the playfield looks good too.

It is going to get refurbed proper by Ant H too, so it's going straight to him.

I knew it was a risk, so I took it. It completes my collection too - so I am happy.
I wonder how many people bidding were from here? Maybe that pushed the price up some. My limit was set at £4.5k , as I was concerned about the condition. But it sounds like you did well, buddy. Nice one. My hunt to get one continues :cool:

I wonder how many people bidding were from here? Maybe that pushed the price up some. My limit was set at £4.5k , as I was concerned about the condition. But it sounds like you did well, buddy. Nice one. My hunt to get one continues :cool:
2f1aba42-048b-454d-bc06-0e7665bc34bb.jpeg
d3874d5a-cd79-48e0-93e1-ac78df0a2e30.jpeg

Difficult to tell as the photo is so compressed, but I can't see any wear to the mansion of magnet areas, suggesting it hasn't been hammered as much as most TAFs

What are the odds of CGC doing a remake? Surely a no brainer and would fly out of the factory. Or is the licensing the issue?
Bom too costly. Plus 20,000 out there already.

No way are there 20,000 left out there. And even if there are plenty around, there's a huge demand for them still. More than there is for CC, MB etc
Crazy that MB is from your statement seems less popular than a TAF to me. I don't miss mine. It gets old fast.

Marked as sold in my eBay
yeh as far as ebay is concerned its sold... the issue is the "wont take less than £9k" in the description....

They will push for fees, and will get out of those somehow (Broken/mutually agreed to cancel), and it'll be back in a few weeks :mad:

Does make you wonder - If they are dishonest about that, what other things lie in store....

Hopefully the buyer pays straight away from eBay, using Credit Card of course, for it, then if the seller refuses to let it go he can open a claim with eBay, although I think the seller would still get their fees back.

Under UK law an auction (even ebay) is a legally binding contract and if there was ever a buyer who was sufficiently annoyed with a seller pulling out of the sale, they could pursue it in the courts if they really wanted to and thought it was worth the effort and cost

I'll never understand how some people's brains work.

If you "wont take less than £9500", then start the auction at that price.

When you keep re-listing the same item forever, the price tends to go down, not up, as previous winning bidders that get refused the sale are not going to bid again 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom