What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

Do the repro toppers work - i.e give the waterfall effect?

sellers says he’s not sure. But it “looks original” 😂

Do the repro toppers work - i.e give the waterfall effect?

sellers says he’s not sure. But it “looks original” 😂
I don’t think the water fall effect Evan works on the repos at least the ones I have seen I did ask for a video of the topper as white water is one of the pins I regret selling but no reply

Just sold a job lot of boxset VHS tapes on eBay. Listed as VHS/tapes/cassettes. Described as VHS/tapes/cassettes.
Lots of pictures of the VHS/tapes/cassettes.

Buyer contacts me.
‘Not happy . I wanted them on DVD’ :cuckoo:

Waiting for the inevitable refund request at which point he can go fuvking whistle.

These morons walk among us .

I had some bloke on eBay saying he didn’t receive his delivery (guess RM text him saying delivered) so I checked and this was the pic taken!
Replied to him saying to check your recycling😂
He found it and had a good laugh about it.

Attachments

• IMG_4514.png
    IMG_4514.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 83
Mate. That made me chuckle. Absolute morons.
I would reply “Before you got to work tomorrow, swing past the local vets and request that you’re put down”
Total bellend. I had even chucked in another tape free that I’d forgot to put on the listing. Sometimes I wonder why I bother . How these people get thru a day is baffling.

I put up stuff on Facebook literally for free as I just need the space. My favourite responses are 'Do you deliver'.
Marketplace is a whole other ring of hell .
The number of time wasters and dip**** questions.
Have also given away stuff for free - and then had people moan about it ffs. Sometimes I think that rogue asteroid can’t hit the planet soon enough .

I put up stuff on Facebook literally for free as I just need the space. My favourite responses are 'Do you deliver'.

Best Ive had for that was an eBay auction for a Dell All in One PC that had a glass base and glass screen so there was no way I was posting it so said it was UK collection only, someone from switzerland bid on it in the last minute and then sent me a message asking for delivery cost to switzerland, to which I pointed out it was collection only. Pretty sure the knob left me neutral feedback as well as I wouldnt post it to him.

Where the hell did they even get a width of 133cm from, dont they have it there at their auction house to be able to measure it?

So, I was the winning bidder with TAF. I was well aware of the full fees being £8k, which was my maximum when I bid.

It is a pin I've always wanted and they hardly come up on here.

I read on here that it wouldn't start up so I contacted the auctioneer and asked a few questions. I got a load of pictures and it's actually in very good nick. They switched it on for me over the phone, and I could hear it booting up and the theme playing etc, so I know it wasn't completely dead.

There is a credit dot, and the holes have protectors so I think it has somewhat been looked after.

From what I gather, it was hardly used, it just seemed a bit dirty in places. The cabinet is in very good nick and the playfield looks good too.

It is going to get refurbed proper by Ant H too, so it's going straight to him.

I knew it was a risk, so I took it. It completes my collection too - so I am happy.

So, I was the winning bidder with TAF. I was well aware of the full fees being £8k, which was my maximum when I bid.

I read on here that it wouldn't start up so I contacted the auctioneer and asked a few questions. I got a load of pictures and it's actually in very good nick. They switched it on for me over the phone, and I could hear it booting up and the theme playing etc, so I know it wasn't completely dead.

There is a credit dot, and the holes have protectors so I think it has somewhat been looked after.

From what I gather, it was hardly used, it just seemed a bit dirty in places. The cabinet is in very good nick and the playfield looks good too.

I knew it was a risk, so I took it. It completes my collection too - so I am happy

I knew it was a risk, so I took it. It completes my collection too - so I am happy.
Glad it’s gone to a group member and sounds like a great find, great you’ve finally sorted your collection 👏

Best Ive had for that was an eBay auction for a Dell All in One PC that had a glass base and glass screen so there was no way I was posting it so said it was UK collection only, someone from switzerland bid on it in the last minute and then sent me a message asking for delivery cost to switzerland, to which I pointed out it was collection only. Pretty sure the knob left me neutral feedback as well as I wouldnt post it to him.
Once had a Triumph Spitfire sell on eBay, when it sold I checked out the buyer and it said Czech Republic so I thought here we go!! He turned up 3 days later and is still a friend to this day, have been to his place with my girls and if he ever wants something in the UK he asks me to call them to say this guy's for real, they're not all nutters but I've been lucky ☺️

Once had a Triumph Spitfire sell on eBay, when it sold I checked out the buyer and it said Czech Republic so I thought here we go!! He turned up 3 days later and is still a friend to this day, have been to his place with my girls and if he ever wants something in the UK he asks me to call them to say this guy's for real, they're not all nutters but I've been lucky ☺️
If it’s Lee B ?? He bought a Dr Who off me about 12 years ago, drove to collect in his van arriving 11:30pm 😂 but great guy and bought it as agreed 👍 late to bed as he does like to chat 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom