What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Metallica Remake(?) Discussion

I’m with John on this. Prefer the dots/colour dmd. Mind you colour dmd was not std so this will be a big upgrade on the red led screen..
I vastly prefer cartoon/colorDMD artwork on music pins to a big LCD screen with concert footage. Normally, I'm playing a machine where I neither know, not particularly, care for the band. I've never, personally, been into musicians - so, instead of evocative cool DMD artwork, I get video clips of average-looking dudes playing guitar :/

It's like "I could watch a cool animation of a demon sitting on a pile of skulls and a snake puking" or "I could watch historical footage of a bunch of guys who look like they need a good wash" 🤷‍♂️

Is this not a bit of a marketing gaff with the release of the x-men pin just a few weeks ago?

The market is saturated as it is. Releasing two pins within a month of each other?

Is this not a bit of a marketing gaff with the release of the x-men pin just a few weeks ago?

The market is saturated as it is. Releasing two pins within a month of each other?
They've got to keep the big factory upgrade ticking over. One new pin, one 'vault'?

I suspect it might be a real world test for spike 3 if it's running it, put a known pin in the wild with solid code to iron out any glitches

Having played Metallica LE at 8 Bit Flip I would honestly say it's the best machine I've ever played. So very interested indeed

Trouble is, it's going to cost as much as a nice Porsche Boxter or two Yamaha R6's. Which is a lot of money for plywood and a few circuit boards etc

Last edited:
£10995 Premium and £14995 LE, so usual pricing.

Ok - so when Stern said they wouldn't be doing anymore LEs of existing games, 'remasters' of existing games weren't included? Bit of a huge loop hole there.

So what do you get with the LE to possible justify 4K more?

Absolutely insane prices. I more than happy to have 4 classics WMS games for that price.

Some extra bits worth a few hundred at most, a signature worth nothing, and I think you now get your game first. That's it.

The last LE I bought was Jurassic Park at £10k when the Premium was £9k. I just can't imagine spending £4k extra for the exact same game.

After playing Metallica in Tilt today it just reaffirmed to me what a great game this is. Cabinet artwork, playfield artwork and backglass on this look great. I'd never buy one but sure want to play it, what are the alternative tracks on this?

Back
Top Bottom