What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great British Pinball Podcast

I guess the LE’s can be priced as they are as the high end collector will always purchase them..
Is it a collector 🤷‍♂️ its a certain type of person who wants something they think no one else has, I'm not saying I'm not in that bracket, but LE pins are really only about bragging, there really is very little unique about it, that you can't do after market, he'll you could even get Colin to make you a plaque, I know I did for my LOTR, one ring edition one of one 🤣

Only major advantage of going LE in the UK is that you'll get to own the game 4 months before the premium hits. If you can wait then the savings alone on the sticker price are incentive enough.

Only major advantage of going LE in the UK is that you'll get to own the game 4 months before the premium hits. If you can wait then the savings alone on the sticker price are incentive enough.
Ah so FOMO and bragging rights 👍

Talking about cost if back to the future ends up being £15k is any one going to buy it ? There no exchange rate excuse for that one as it built and made in Europe, so we should get at least 10 cents better price per pound

I agreed with a handful of the points raised, especially if there is indeed an option to have a separate competition room allowing more space for both the freeplay area and the comp, then that sounds like a win-win (subject of course to cost and suitability).

Reactions: JT.
Anything about Cameragate?

Neil's actions this year are amongst the reasons I have now quit my role on the Pinfest staff

I've been biting my tongue on posting my own feedback on Pinfest. But I guess I'll mention some of it here. As I'm part of the Pinfest staff team though (or was) then unfortunately it's not feedback to the team, but to you guys, the punters (though not you personally Paul. Nothing but respect for you mate)

My feedback is pretty short

Show some f**ing respect

Show some respect. To the team of people that decided to give up their entire weekend so that you guys can flip some balls and drink some beer with your mates. These people turn up days before you get there, and are consistently the last to leave. They spend countless hours planning and preparing throughout the year. They give up their holiday allowance, their free time, often times their own money as part of an investment into the show that allows you guys to have fun for a few days in the calendar.

Many of the team don't wear the blue shirts. You almost certainly don't know them by name. Possibly don't even know their faces. You only know them by reputation, for year after year putting on such an epic show. These are all people that I have come to know personally over the years and are honoured to call my friends

So it's been particularly impactful for me this year to see so many of my friends get upset or annoyed because punters break rule #1. The only rule there is really.
Show some f**ing respect

No-one on the team should be subjected to bullying or abuse of any kind. It didn't happen to me thankfully, but yet again there were multiple instances of it happening to others. We're a close team. If one of us is affected, we're all affected

I don't think we've heard the last of camera-gate yet. Once again Neil had a platform to apologise for his awful behaviour and has shown that instead of taking the simple option he's decided to double down. Was certainly interesting to hear his version of 'the truth', so I'd encourage people to watch that bit at least

It's not just one action that has caused me to quit though. Those that know me personally will no doubt hear me rant about other reasons over a beer in due course. But this is all I'm prepared to say on the matter at this time.

Personally I've been involved for five years of the show now. Like other members, countless hours of planning, an embarrassment of personal time and financial investment. This year alone was around £800 of tournament related costs. So it's not without significant regret that I'm walking away and hoping that those that remain can pull it together and continue. But I'm out. It's too damaging for my mental health. Something I've never had to say before

But I'm out. It's too damaging for my mental health. Something I've never had to say before
On a very slightly positive note, identifying that this stuff has been damaging your mental health and taking action is a really positive thing to do - many people never manage to break the cycle, so it's a big thing to do that. Stay healthy :thumbs:

On a change of topic/hijack of the thread ;), would anyone who enjoys UK-based pinball podcasts (this one or Gonzo's) be even vaguely interested in 30 minutes of a mum and a bright seven year old chatting about pinball machines? We were talking and I thought "this almost sounds like a podcast", so I taped some of it (with his consent). I'm still editing it and working out if he's happy for me to share it - but I didn't know if anyone would bother to listen.

Covers a lot of ground, including what makes for a compelling pinball theme, favourite Pat Lawlor pins, how to recognise pins from different eras (if you're seven), and whether it's appropriate for four year olds to play TWD (!).

Last edited:
Is that camera gate real or not? Really hard to tell from the original thread if it’s a joke or not. But if it’s not a joke it’s a bit funny Neil would touch other people’s stuff at pinfest especially after what happened to his own car at pinfest in previous year… and was quite upset about it. Very odd decision.

Neil's actions this year are amongst the reasons I have now quit my role on the Pinfest staff

I've been biting my tongue on posting my own feedback on Pinfest. But I guess I'll mention some of it here. As I'm part of the Pinfest staff team though (or was) then unfortunately it's not feedback to the team, but to you guys, the punters (though not you personally Paul. Nothing but respect for you mate)

My feedback is pretty short

Show some f**ing respect

Show some respect. To the team of people that decided to give up their entire weekend so that you guys can flip some balls and drink some beer with your mates. These people turn up days before you get there, and are consistently the last to leave. They spend countless hours planning and preparing throughout the year. They give up their holiday allowance, their free time, often times their own money as part of an investment into the show that allows you guys to have fun for a few days in the calendar.

Many of the team don't wear the blue shirts. You almost certainly don't know them by name. Possibly don't even know their faces. You only know them by reputation, for year after year putting on such an epic show. These are all people that I have come to know personally over the years and are honoured to call my friends

So it's been particularly impactful for me this year to see so many of my friends get upset or annoyed because punters break rule #1. The only rule there is really.
Show some f**ing respect

No-one on the team should be subjected to bullying or abuse of any kind. It didn't happen to me thankfully, but yet again there were multiple instances of it happening to others. We're a close team. If one of us is affected, we're all affected

I don't think we've heard the last of camera-gate yet. Once again Neil had a platform to apologise for his awful behaviour and has shown that instead of taking the simple option he's decided to double down. Was certainly interesting to hear his version of 'the truth', so I'd encourage people to watch that bit at least

It's not just one action that has caused me to quit though. Those that know me personally will no doubt hear me rant about other reasons over a beer in due course. But this is all I'm prepared to say on the matter at this time.

Personally I've been involved for five years of the show now. Like other members, countless hours of planning, an embarrassment of personal time and financial investment. This year alone was around £800 of tournament related costs. So it's not without significant regret that I'm walking away and hoping that those that remain can pull it together and continue. But I'm out. It's too damaging for my mental health. Something I've never had to say before

Truly gutted about this mate. Thank you for everything you have done. You organised one of the best tournaments the UK has ever seen this year and I am personally so incredibly grateful for everything you have done for Pinfest and specifically the Pinfest Open. You are a hero, Paul. You handle yourself with such decorum and calm in the midst of some very stressful situations. But of course, this is all meant to be fun, this is the thing you love doing, so if that fun stops, then of course something needs to change. I'm gutted it does, but thank you for providing so many people with so much joy, all whilst handling yourself like a true gent. Legend

I don't even know what camergate is?

I have the upmost respect for anyone that helps out in these sort of events and I'm always grateful.

Really sorry to hear you're out but I fully understand. Thank you for your service soldier.

On a change of topic/hijack of the thread ;), would anyone who enjoys UK-based pinball podcasts (this one or Gonzo's) be even vaguely interested in 30 minutes of a mum and a bright seven year old chatting about pinball machines? We were talking and I thought "this almost sounds like a podcast", so I taped some of it (with his consent). I'm still editing it and working out if he's happy for me to share it - but I didn't know if anyone would bother to listen.

Covers a lot of ground, including what makes for a compelling pinball theme, favourite Pat Lawlor pins, how to recognise pins from different eras (if you're seven), and whether it's appropriate for four year olds to play TWD (!).
Yes sounds like it would be good

I would listen if he has any further spicy takes on pinball venue machine curation or the virtues of Road Show 🤣

Being very mildly more serious: I remember being seven, and I still wholeheartedly believed in Santa and occasionally ate soil. As a one-off I’d listen but if you’re looking to make a series then for me personally, I generally only listen to podcasts where I’m going to learn something or pick up some kind of insider insight from the speakers. With all due respect to the seven-year-olds out there, I’m probably not going to get that from the format you’ve described

Yeah go for it, it may gain a lot of traction. you'll never know unless you try

I would listen if he has any further spicy takes on pinball venue machine curation or the virtues of Road Show 🤣
He does have lots of opinions on the virtues on Roadshow - mostly, not at the point I was doing the current recording!

Being very mildly more serious: I remember being seven, and I still wholeheartedly believed in Santa and occasionally ate soil. As a one-off I’d listen but if you’re looking to make a series then for me personally, I generally only listen to podcasts where I’m going to learn something or pick up some kind of insider insight from the speakers. With all due respect to the seven-year-olds out there, I’m probably not going to get that from the format you’ve described

Well, we don't have any leaks/leeks like Kaneda (except for the ones in our fridge)! And I don't think anything is going to be 'earthshaking' for old timers because, yes, one of the presenters is seven and discovering pinball for the first time. Although he does seem to know the rules to everything he's played, so I could always borrow an A:IQ...! 🤣

Excerpt from the bit I've edited (here he's talking about rules from a game I didn't know he'd played 🤷‍♂️ ):

I'm not sure it's going to be a regular thing, either. But if people do like it, he might have the confidence to do another after a tournament, or when he visits/revisits another venue and gets the chance to play different machines.

P.S. I am listening to your latest podcast, Scott and Neil :) Just slowly because... summer school holidays and work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom