What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

Delivery booked in from Hadfields on Monday. Any top tips for things to check when I'm setting it up?

I had to place the legs on mine in the drive, before lifting in the games room. Luckily I was a nice sunny evening.

Checked over box for damage with Hadfields guys before they let, all good.

I cut straps from box and pallet.

Lift box upwards and put aside.

Check contents box for everything.

Cut further straps that were wrapped around machine.

Shrink wrap and foam wrapping hold everything together.

Removed shrink wrap and foam from leg corners.

Removed leg bolts (already in cabinet)

Fitted front legs, raised rear of cabinet and pulled away pallet. Placed rear of cabinet on a chair and fitted rear legs.

Lifted into games room and then unwrapped and looked over everything, checking all connectors etc etc.

Not a long job to do and my son was helping me.

Keys for the blackbox were hanging up in the coin door.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-22 at 18.36.06.jpeg

I hope your not as unlucky as i have been

ball still on playfield
Damaged Side blades
Playfield glass razor sharp
Switches not registering properly

Some have reported issues with the lcd but it’s an easy fix

What # are you ?

Scott - have you any plans to update the front page with game numbers ?

They did that on a retro bike forum against serial numbers so the frames history could be traced

# I don’t mean to sound negative - i’ve just been unlucky and others haven’t but just in case keep your eyes peeled

Last edited:

ball still on playfield
Damaged Side blades

What # are you ?

They did that on a retro bike forum against serial numbers so the frames history could be traced

# I don’t mean to sound negative - i’ve just been unlucky and others haven’t but just in case keep your eyes peeled
Sure, we can ask everyone if they are happy to share what # they have, good idea.

It has been suggested by @SeikoKid we cshould log our TNA machine numbers on the main threads first page. This is a good idea actually, it may also help identify any future QC issues with close production builds etc etc.

If the following below are happy to share which TNA Machine # they have please let us know, I'll update the Thread main first page.

TNA Original 2017 Owners

@Ads Nems
@C&C
@Matt Vince
@Mfresh
@Neil McRae

TNA CE 2022 Owners

@Colywobbles
@Fubar
@Jmac
@jonathan
@Kenny Taylor
@stumblor
@VeeMonroe

Last edited:

ball still on playfield
Damaged Side blades

What # are you ?

Haven't been told my number yet

After just being back from NERG the little fella wanted a game on TNA.

He highlighted to me that the left hand Numeric Display on the Ball Save Assembly was not lit.

A few simple visual checks carried out a loose connector see on the Lamp Display ribbon cables. An easy fix re-seating the cable but worth noting anyhow, I'll list all details even if minor.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-09 at 20.39.06.jpeg

All good again

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-09 at 20.39.06-2.jpeg

Back to not destroying reactors, but the game destroying me as per usual :)

Last edited:
Set my game up yesterday and have had around 30 games since then. Absolutely love it because it’s not like any other pins I own. All settings and eb left as standard and best so far is 4 reactors destroyed and a score of just under 3m

I had half a dozen games this afternoon. Reactor 4 is still my best effort and was today. Back hand the lock balls and time the multiball at a time where you feel the level is most dangerous. I can pretty much bankhand the lock 90% of the time. It’s certainly a game where you can structure your approach to beating it. It’s a very fast game but my pin is not a drain monster.

Set my game up yesterday and have had around 30 games since then. Absolutely love it because it’s not like any other pins I own. All settings and eb left as standard and best so far is 4 reactors destroyed and a score of just under 3m
Awesome.. got mine up and running right now. One day I hope to make it to reactor 4 😂

I had half a dozen games this afternoon. Reactor 4 is still my best effort and was today. Back hand the lock balls and time the multiball at a time where you feel the level is most dangerous. I can pretty much bankhand the lock 90% of the time. It’s certainly a game where you can structure your approach to beating it. It’s a very fast game but my pin is not a drain monster.
Great stuff Kenny. Back handing the lock is so satisfying, same with back handing the scoop form the left flipper. I need to work on my reactions for outlane ball saves, can never manage to switch them in time before a drain 😂

The most satisfying shot for me is from plunger complete the loop and lock the ball. Ripping that spinner never gets old either..
Definitely, pretty much all shots are super satisfying as half the time you don't know if you gonna make them haha. Yeah the spinner is awesome, especially the super spinner with the shaker :)

I had explained to me a few tactical tricks like above - Multiball is your friend but not always that simple. Sometime just trying to get it onto the right flipper can take a while. Even though this game has basic rules there are multiple ways of approaching it which i enjoy.
I picked up that back handed right flipper move from watching IE Pinball
My goal atm is to dial in both orbit shots. If it’s like the left ramp on Godzilla, i’ll be nailing it in February 2024

Question - If you don’t hit the destroy within a certain time does it ask you to hit another target ? i’m sure it did that today, moved from top right destroy to the pop bumper.

I’ve settled on 4 ball as it just gives
me that bit more satisfaction until I get better

Been playing for an hour or so. Filmed this so you could watch me fluff it yet again - Getting a bit cocky with my nudges on the top playfield

Attachments

My basic strategy:
Try to nail the skill shot (easier said than done) as that auto completes the keypad and the ball drop into the scoop starts reactor. I try to complete the first reactor without using a multiball but have two balls locked for the phase of destroying the 2nd reactor. Start multiball and the resulting carnage destroys reactor 2 and completes keypad for reactor 3 and normally hit a scoop to start it too. I then try and load up the multiball again to start it when I’m at destroying no 3 to help with the keypad for r4

Back
Top Bottom