What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

I had explained to me a few tactical tricks like above - Multiball is your friend but not always that simple. Sometime just trying to get it onto the right flipper can take a while. Even though this game has basic rules there are multiple ways of approaching it which i enjoy.
I picked up that back handed right flipper move from watching IE Pinball
My goal atm is to dial in both orbit shots. If it’s like the left ramp on Godzilla, i’ll be nailing it in February 2024

Question - If you don’t hit the destroy within a certain time does it ask you to hit another target ? i’m sure it did that today, moved from top right destroy to the pop bumper.

I’ve settled on 4 ball as it just gives
me that bit more satisfaction until I get better

Been playing for an hour or so. Filmed this so you could watch me fluff it yet again - Getting a bit cocky with my nudges on the top playfield
Agreed although that actual game objective is simple it's how you go about it that's so great. I seem to never follow the same approach each game, always gambling multi balls and risking shots to the keypad when most times I know I should not. The left orbit I can sometimes manage easily, but the right one is mega tough I think. Using the ball save has many different advantages and approaches and reaching for the shooter rod to plunge before the auto plunge is great, even in multi ball I am trying that to overheat and stay in the upper core, even draining at times is worth it if you keep an eye on the timer. Everything is like lighting quick though but thats what I love about the game.

Don't think I have seen the destroy target move if you are taking too long to destroy it, I am sure it's fixed. But maybe not as never really long playing enough when waiting to destroy a reactor.

Great video, I get nervous just watching it lol

My basic strategy:
Try to nail the skill shot (easier said than done) as that auto completes the keypad and the ball drop into the scoop starts reactor. I try to complete the first reactor without using a multiball but have two balls locked for the phase of destroying the 2nd reactor. Start multiball and the resulting carnage destroys reactor 2 and completes keypad for reactor 3 and normally hit a scoop to start it too. I then try and load up the multiball again to start it when I’m at destroying no 3 to help with the keypad for r4
For sure the best strategy I think. Starting the multi ball then destroy the reactor then go all out to try complete the keypad. So satisfying if can do in the multi ball the start a further reactor.

Everything seems a risk with this game, constantly on the edge with every shot :)

#190 for me

Up and running. Only minor issue I can spot so far is the lcd screen is sticking to the front cover slightly. The screen contrast is also a little washed out. Is that normal?

3A666754-7B13-4518-84C0-A3D998A0DB9E.jpeg

#190 for me

Up and running. Only minor issue I can spot so far is the lcd screen is sticking to the front cover slightly. The screen contrast is also a little washed out. Is that normal?

View attachment 224669
Yeah I have the LCD screen cover touching the LCD screen also, just need a couple washers to make the screen sit back a little. Or I think I can flip the screen cover around as mine is bowed a little.

Yip the LCD screen does looked washed out, the viewing angle on the cheap LCD panel is not good. Tweaking the brightness and contrast on the panel can help a little. I listed a couple things on this on page #6 on this thread.

Amazing you have the game now though 👌

Any idea which one.l? Was it plug and play?
Just drop brightness and up contrast I done this on both R&M and TNA with great results.
TNA more so due to not having the best graphics.
As for the screen sticking this pretty much happens on em all and you could use standoffs if it bothers you that much. TBH it’s only noticeable when sw off.

As for the screen sticking this pretty much happens on em all and you could use standoffs if it bothers you that much. TBH it’s only noticeable when sw off.
You can also just slacken the nuts holding the screen on, give the whole panel a bit of a twist/flex to equalise things then nip the nuts back up. Sticky screen bubble never returned to my R&M after doing that.

Pinside info on a screen swap

Pinside info on OEM screen adjustment

The screen adjustment is mainly if you are tall. Well, generally taller than someone who is kneeling down and looking directly at the screen. You can see it change as you move your height angle but it’s still looking like a new screen is the better option. If i find anything i’ll post it up

Congrats on getting it set up and playing 👍👍🥳

How has everyone set up their playfield angle? It’s recommend 6.5% . I used an app called pinguy but not sure of its quality?

How has everyone set up their playfield angle? It’s recommend 6.5% . I used an app called pinguy but not sure of its quality?
Back levellers all the way out, front all the way in. Floor is fairly flat here and there's not much vertical travel on the playfield so didn't need to do any side-to-side levelling. Don't get obsessed over 0.1° ...

When I brought it to Swavesey though... Let's just say that room has a massive slope! :D

Loving it so far. My pinball playing tends to be 10mins here and there, and I rarely get a good hour to stand and play a long game of something. TNA is great for a quick blast.

I had a read through the owners thread on Pinside but gave up! It was just full of people moaning about the price and quality control issues. They're killing my vibe man 😂

Could someone explain how the 4 ball multiball is activated ? I’ve had it 3 times this week and each time i’ve doubled checked it wasent the 3rd ball cycling round too quick and then lost it all except the 3 time where i kept 4 balls going for about 10-15 seconds and then my brain
melted.
2 times on 1st ball before completing reactor 1 and 3rd time during a reactor sequence on either 2 or 3 reactor

Add-a-ball
During multiball, put the ball in the scoop behind the drop targets for an add-a-ball. This can raise the playfield multiplier to 4x if you still have all other balls in play. Add-a-ball will be awarded if you hit that scoop immediately when the multiball starts, before the drops have been reset to the up position.

Had the 4th Multiball a few times, results in even more a head mess, great fun though. As Fubar has said, add a ball with a scoop shot behind the drop targets.

I have just read through all of that and now this game to me has a simple complex set of rules. 😂
Thanks for the link Fubar. That will take some re reading and already helps me understand a few things a little more.
Ive got the hands free skill shot a few times , still learning the ball save lanes etc and moving the lane lights around

I’m starting to get more so the left orbit on demand and the right is getting not so impossible now

My keypad targets arnt registering properly so i’m loosing effective game play and now almost all my sling bumpers ? are now double firing
I’m awaiting a service call from @Pick Holder to tune everything in

I have just read through all of that and now this game to me has a simple complex set of rules. 😂
Thanks for the link Fubar. That will take some re reading and already helps me understand a few things a little more.
Ive got the hands free skill shot a few times , still learning the ball save lanes etc and moving the lane lights around

I’m starting to get more so the left orbit on demand and the right is getting not so impossible now

My keypad targets arnt registering properly so i’m loosing effective game play and now almost all my sling bumpers ? are now double firing
I’m awaiting a service call from @Pick Holder to tune everything in

Double firing slings will just need a switch adjustment id imagine?

Anyone else have issues with the scoop? Mine tends to ricochet straight back out 50% of the time?

i posted a vid from SDTM a few pages back. they go through all the niggles and that being one of them - it’s a bit like the game is always on it’s hardest setting even when it isn’t

there are posts on pinside about peeps putting mylor patches either side to compensate etc

I get rejects but it doesn’t bother me and just part of how the games loves to wind you up 😂
It's starting to annoy me now! I had like 4 in a row bounce out on reactor 4 last night. Anyone figured out a way to make it more reliable?

it’s a tough descision i suppose and onto through trial and error might you find a solution that is suitable for your gameplay

It would appear from my experience that slowing the ball down as it travels over the hole is the object. Maybe the mylor or similar either side of the hole or some on the back of the scoop might help or anything else you can think of

I have the same problem but i find like Col it adds more pep to the game
A but like when you spend all your goes getting it into the top section only for it to drain out without giving you any reactor points

Back
Top Bottom