What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

The little black dowel pin (pictured) holding the end of the solenoid onto the flipper mechanism keeps coming loose, and then the flipper stops working. It’s clearer in the image below.
IMG_5330.webp

I’ve ordered this kit, which I assume works as the lower flipper mech looks similar to the top one and the solenoid is the same number:

gotcha, so that's a type of split pin. either remove it and open it up then hammer it back in or just order a new pawl assembly or im passing by yours tomorrow as going to Alcatel Submarine depot and can drop this off

Attachments

• IMG_9014.webp
    IMG_9014.webp
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
gotcha, so that's a type of split pin. either remove it and open it up then hammer it back in or just order a new pawl assembly or im passing by yours tomorrow as going to Alcatel Submarine depot and can drop this off
I hammered it back in, but within about three games, it worked its way back out again. I think I’m splaying the end of the split pin now with my makeshift small hammer (a very large alum key)! :(

If you’re passing by, a new assembly would definitely keep my four year old racking up the high scores (85,000 is his highest to date)! 🥰

Yep gotta keep the kids interested. Mine surprised me winning 3rd place in the comp on Sunday, Maybe if the adults got sweets for prizes I might win myself a place too
My oldest is now (often) a better player than @MadMonzer who came 32 out of 118 in the classics qualifier!

I’m planning to take him to the high score competition at the Pinball Republic members’ open evening on Thursday to see how he does, but he’s the sorest loser imaginable (mostly turning the machine off if someone else is winning!) - so, I don’t know how that’ll go!!!

My oldest is now (often) a better player than @MadMonzer who came 32 out of 118 in the classics qualifier!

I’m planning to take him to the high score competition at the Pinball Republic members’ open evening on Thursday to see how he does, but he’s the sorest loser imaginable (mostly turning the machine off if someone else is winning!) - so, I don’t know how that’ll go!!!
Oh.. might be different when its not his parents he's playing against.

I played both TNA’s at Pinfest, what a machine…. Were they originals or remakes? I played TNA more than any other pin at the show, so thanks for taking them along.
If anyone wants to trade against an Alien LV any time in the future, then let me know by DM. It’s a HUO owner new via PH on Ripley code.
Ta.

I played both TNA’s at Pinfest, what a machine…. Were they originals or remakes? I played TNA more than any other pin at the show, so thanks for taking them along.
If anyone wants to trade against an Alien LV any time in the future, then let me know by DM. It’s a HUO owner new via PH on Ripley code.
Ta.
There was a 2017 original build machine at the event, along with the re-released 2022 CE model. See page 1 on this thread for more info.

Gonzo, tactically you shoot the centre shots to activate the reactor with the countdown going down where possible. Then lock the balls and start multiball at a place where you feel you need the most assistance. I try to hold off as long as I can there comes the risk/reward. I find it’s not an unfair game and doesn’t drain down the side lanes. It’s just ball speed is very quick, it’s also tight and controllable too. Dare I say this makes the perfect game.

Gonzo, tactically you shoot the centre shots to activate the reactor with the countdown going down where possible. Then lock the balls and start multiball at a place where you feel you need the most assistance. I try to hold off as long as I can there comes the risk/reward. I find it’s not an unfair game and doesn’t drain down the side lanes. It’s just ball speed is very quick, it’s also tight and controllable too. Dare I say this makes the perfect game.

Cheers mate.

Yes indeed, I would often get frustrated when the countdown times was going and the ball was caught in the slings 😭😂

Great game

Hi!!

New member of the TNA club, thanks to Gonzo for the trade and to Matt for transport and helping me get set up.

Terrified by the number of issues reported in this thread, and I already need to do some modding around the sound system as I’m very into music and speakers. Ball is hitting top of the slings from short plunge, so I reckon the ball guides need adjusting - hopefully I can manage it and will learn a lot owning this machine.

To use a car analogy, I have a feeling that this is going to be like owning an Alfa Romeo.

What a fast, cool, exciting game and I’m happy to be in the club.

This was the score on my first game

IMG_2481.webp

Last edited:
Welcome….. Yes your analogy is spot on. I must add once you solve the problems you won’t look back

Re - the short plunge, and to quote a friend - “this is the way”
Just another level of difficulty with this game

Got you - short plunge is supposed to hit the top of the slings. How about the full orbit from left to right, should that feed the right flipper? I’ve seen it do so on vids and my game doesn’t quite.

Also, has anyone had their game crash?
Mine has done so twice in the reactor area, when bouncing about on the lower right sling - just going dead, instant restart as if someone had pressed reset.

I also had one destroy target not registering but resolved that - it was just a loose connector.

Oh, also - I’ve updated to latest beta code, dropped flipper power just a couple of notches. Feels pretty good to shoot.

Tweaked the sound but there’s so much rattle, I feel like running it through external sound might be the cheap answer, what with it being in a studio room with high end monitor speakers and a sub… I’ve got the shaker set on standard but might lower it to save the machine rattling its self to bits.

Despite the above, I’m absolutely loving the game. Sort of chuckling whilst playing when you keep missing shots and then rescuing it and going again and again, missing over and over. Or, it all goes smooth and you have the reactor going and then release the multiball for 3x score on the destroy. All with that amazing soundtrack.

Hi! Depends on the speed of the orbit, usually it should come down and hit the right flipper. If it's too slow then yes it will hit the slings.

Never had or heard of a crash except when my 5v/12v PSU blew up at the begin of ownership. Spooky don't travel well. I put mine in the summerhouse for 1 month earlier this year whilst I sorted out my floor and the cabinet warped enough that the glass would not allow the lockdown bar to seat.
Lots of reports on pinside of loose connections from new owners after transportation. If You still have the presicion metal bushes then yes you have done right in reducing the flipper power.

Shaker can be resolved as I have previously demonstrated. Im looking at fitting a better quality one soon. Maybe CGC ?

Check all wiring looms and connections. Also back box monitor and computer connections

try putting your monitor output to 35 - you have to use the buttons on the monitor to do that

Defo suit a good sound setup. You can play about with the amp settings though. It’s a Scott Danesi design. Spooky helped it to production. So it’s not really a spooky game as such. It’s a cult game and will remain so. If you have one I’d recommend keeping a hold of it.

Hi!!

New member of the TNA club, thanks to Gonzo for the trade and to Matt for transport and helping me get set up.

Terrified by the number of issues reported in this thread, and I already need to do some modding around the sound system as I’m very into music and speakers. Ball is hitting top of the slings from short plunge, so I reckon the ball guides need adjusting - hopefully I can manage it and will learn a lot owning this machine.

To use a car analogy, I have a feeling that this is going to be like owning an Alfa Romeo.

What a fast, cool, exciting game and I’m happy to be in the club.

This was the score on my first game

View attachment 259760
Welcome to the club. You did a good trade with AFM. Although a good game it’s a fairly std shooter. Whereas this offers an entirely different experience!

On the orbit, yeah a really good, clean shot still clips the top of the sling. Just.

Don’t have the precision flippers but quite happy with it just a couple of notches down and hitting the scoop from cradled with some level of consistency.

Mostly worried about the restarting - will check all connectors and see if there’s anything loose.

One the game - yeah, I have two machines and the other is a BM66, so this feels the perfect opposite. I love how fast it shoots, how simple it is and it feels utterly addictive.

If I had the money, I’d love a lebowski next to them for what feel like a pretty perfect 3 pin lineup.

On the orbit, yeah a really good, clean shot still clips the top of the sling. Just.
It's not supposed to although mine tends to as well. You can try bending the orbit guide to help, if not just get used to slapping the machine a lot!

Hi 👋,

The confessional was occupied so thought I'd come clean in here.

I purchased the TNA that Chris B was selling. 😞

I couldn't help it. This game rocks! Albeit a very techno rock.

Only managed 3 reactors so far.
Awesome, enjoy this adrenaline pumping game. Added you to the owners front page.

3 Reactors is good going, can't remember the last time I destroyed reactor 3 actually 😂

Hi 👋,

The confessional was occupied so thought I'd come clean in here.

I purchased the TNA that Chris B was selling. 😞

I couldn't help it. This game rocks! Albeit a very techno rock.

Only managed 3 reactors so far.
If I hadn’t bought his Godzilla then that TNA was next… thank you for removing temptation. Which part of the Leeds area are you in?

Oh,

Has anyone waxed their TNA yet or is that a suicide mission?

Also, i get some pretty violent airballs of the flippers that make me worry about the glass exploding - is that a concern?

Back
Top Bottom