What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
My logic is that if I’m putting a medium/large charge to the car (100KWh battery) with my rates at 02.00-05.00 at 13.94p/KWh and day rate at 23.23p/KWh, I would have it charging (7.5KWh charger) from the storage batteries (41Kw), starting prior to the 02.00 cheap rate, then between 02.00-05.00 charge the car and the batteries on cheap rate, any further car charging if needed from the batteries after 05.00 from the cheap rate stored electricity.

I have a very good warranty on my batteries, inverters and panels (double all the standard warranty duration due to the system being installed by one of the manufacturers ‘master installers’, a grand title 😂) I’ve no concerns on using them as intended, the warranty will take me comfortably into retirement when my annual mileage should tumble.

Chris.
gotcha.

would the intelligent tariff not be more suited? 11.30-5.30 @ 7p kWh ? charge you batteries and car off peak? works very well in the winter when the panels don't. You could have the charger data connected to the inverter and utilise the intelligent system also for car charging at 7p during the day
Warranty is 5 years so you have 10? I guess your batteries are 4kw approx each around £1400 a pop?

June '24: £17.68 credit.

--->>> Electric Import: £29.76 (it's really high because we charged the car battery up 6 times in June) + £19.61 standing charges
--->>> Gas import: £16.66 + £8.85 standing charges
vs
<<<--- Electric Export: £92.56 (617kWh @15p/kWh)

Octopus Intelligent Go tariff, 2x 64kWh EVs,13.5kWh AC-coupled Tesla battery, 7.47kWp solar, 6kW solar inverter, 6kW solar export limitation - no battery export allowed because Northern Power Grid are knob heads.

Back
Top Bottom