What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

I have been sent several mine entrance inductive sensors BS:8 J17 SENC8 if you like I can send you one over?
The cable with connectors? Senc 1-9 cables are all the same then I presume.

Thanks, suppose would narrow down to whether board fault or cable fault.

Yes, I used Phil once for a TNA issue early last year but it was easier and simpler to just go direct and so for all games now i’ve done just that

Have you done a switch test ?

They wouldn’t ship the board initially because they don’t believe they fail so I had to ask for a 2nd shipment when the first one proved fruitless

The cable with connectors? Senc 1-9 cables are all the same then I presume.

Thanks, suppose would narrow down to whether board fault or cable fault.
I would initiate a switch test sequence first - isolate the culprit - swap the sensor for another and see if either it stays or goes then you will know wha the problem is
Make sure you don’t swap over when it’s on and keep it in test mode and use a ball to sweep over the sensor to trigger it

No point me sending you a sensor if it’s the board

OK but if it's varied lanes being activated (lighting all the inserts on different lanes at different times like your videos show) I can't see how it can be a single sensor.... or is that not logical?

Last edited:
Are CGC pretty amiable when things go wrong and parts need shipping?

I've had very quick replies and now been directed to an engineer for a replacement board... just waiting for confirmation.

Will update but they've been fast to respond so far.

I've had very quick replies and now been directed to an engineer for a replacement board... just waiting for confirmation.

Will update but they've been fast to respond so far.
Was that Jim, you spoke with? nice Chap, I guess he muttered FFS when he saw you email just after I had told him the same thing so he didn't hold back on thinking the board isn't faulty. I reckon they have a bad batch of some component ? will see when more people inform here if they have a problem.

They sent me out several of each inductive sensors too this time round - be warned they won't have the cable on unless you request it

Was that Jim, you spoke with? nice Chap, I guess he muttered FFS when he saw you email just after I had told him the same thing so he didn't hold back on thinking the board isn't faulty. I reckon they have a bad batch of some component ? will see when more people inform here if they have a problem.

They sent me out several of each inductive sensors too this time round - be warned they won't have the cable on unless you request it
No it was Lloyd. With mine doing exactly the same thing as yours, was wondering about the bad batch thing.... have noted mine seems to start playing up when it warms up, after a game or two. First game from cold boot is fine. Don't think any of my cables/sensors are playing up but may mention them, ta.

Wowzers Josh dropping some incredible new code and game rule updates
looks fricking epic

Attachments

• IMG_5914.webp
    IMG_5914.webp
    132 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5915.webp
    IMG_5915.webp
    139.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5916.webp
    IMG_5916.webp
    149.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5917.webp
    IMG_5917.webp
    163.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5920.webp
    IMG_5920.webp
    147 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5919.webp
    IMG_5919.webp
    154.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5918.webp
    IMG_5918.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 62
@Calimori - regarding our Rosie’s Saloon, my game play is affected by the additional width from the side walls of the Saloon

The ball doth bounce around and loose momentum

No it was Lloyd. With mine doing exactly the same thing as yours, was wondering about the bad batch thing.... have noted mine seems to start playing up when it warms up, after a game or two. First game from cold boot is fine. Don't think any of my cables/sensors are playing up but may mention them, ta.
Is yours isolated to a particular sensor ? have you tied up the cable for that sensor to tighten the connection ?

Interesting, where is that picture from, it is being shown somewhere?
Inital reaction is that I prefer my Rosie's saloon but that won't stop me if the game needs a new switch in there.
Did you spot the sheriff badge spinner? I missed it at first as I was looking at the saloon doors

Is yours isolated to a particular sensor ? have you tied up the cable for that sensor to tighten the connection ?
No, makes no difference. Various lane features triggering (completing the feature/award) at different times. Jiggling wires indicates no issues and all work in test.... hence must be the board I'm sure.

@Calimori - regarding our Rosie’s Saloon, my game play is affected by the additional width from the side walls of the Saloon

The ball doth bounce around and loose momentum
I worked on mine for a while and really don't think it made any material difference. Yes, some balls may just have made it and now they won't but very few in a game get to the stage that they go in and return and I didn't feel it was fair.

Back
Top Bottom