What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those costs are a bit expensive! What would entice me is if I could take £1 in, drop it in a machine and get replays and then maybe stay there for 3 hours for 3-5£, all depending how brutal they are setup and if they're not bolted to the ground like some places.
He's already struggling to make rent on the two units, even at those prices :(

Location pinball doesn't make money.

The only places that don't cost a £10+ are either using food/drinks as a loss leader (Tilt) or using other arcade machines as a loss leader (and usually have a small selection of pins).

Getting political, the rent is too DAAAMNNNN high! :'( The only reason Pinball Republic (in Croydon) has a city-centre location/location-at-all is because the Centrale/Whitgrif shopping centres are near derelict due to years of shenanigans by the company who run Westfield.

Yeah tell me about it, my rent just got put up too, I will have to move out somewhere cheaper!

It's understandable, rent is much higher that way anyway plus the JJPs aren't cheap to buy. Just all in all a mission and cost for me to go pinballing for 3hr.

Played this a couple of times last night, it's a stonking game. Far better than EJ, PF and TBL that I also played. Without a doubt JJP's best game to date and yes I've played all the others...

I really wish I could get excited about this game.

Avatar has been getting a good workout at the UK Open this weekend, in the social room outside the competition hall. I’ve only had a couple of pretty short games on it, but from what I’ve seen it is good. Several of the shots are pretty satisfying to hit. There are a couple of tech niggles (don’t know exactly what, but the top lower playfield isn’t working properly) but it has been getting played non-stop.

Only criticism is that coming to it new, I do think it is extremely difficult to see what you need to shoot because of the JJP overabundance of rainbow LED. When everything is lit all the time, it does make it hard to pick a shot. I’m sure it would make more sense with a bit more play.

I played it a couple of times and enjoyed it a lot more than the others in the free-to-play lineup (Elton John and Godzilla). Good luck to JJ and hope it’s a success.

I played it a couple of times and enjoyed it a lot more than the others in the free-to-play lineup (Elton John and Godzilla). Good luck to JJ and hope it’s a success.
The crocodile shot on Elton stopped registering at some point today, so even though it still “works” it is pretty much unplayable 😬

Back
Top Bottom