What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale American Pinball new UK Distributor

Funny considering the quantities sold it's doesn't seem to be the easiest game to get second hand, I haven't seen it come up that often
Yeah, i dont remember there been loads of them about back in the day either, not like addams which was in nearly every pub for awhile in 1992 ish

It's looks a cool game, in this instance I wasn't criticising AP. Having borrowed a houndi I really liked it and want to play some of there others, except the barbecue one that looks 💩.

Funny why know ones bought any, to be fair they don't play well on site, they break, but most of us are home use only users and had zero issues with Houdini at home, on site bits of it fell apart. I've heard from others AP aren't good to site.

The price of all pinball doesn't help, I'm guessing there will be worry that reselling will be difficult, shame because unlike the turd that is spinal tap, AP games get an unnecessary bad rep. Probably the sheep syndrome some with a strong viewpoint says there crap, then everyone else does without ever actually playing one.

You're spot on mate.

It's just a combination of high price, less sales and competition from different manufacturers.

I know there are cheaper options but it does seem like the average price of a pin is £10k so people are choosing wisely.

My worry with the Barbecue game is that it would make me hungry playing it.. Watched a preview with David Fix and Steve Bowden they mentioned it was going to be alphanumeric or dot DMD. Think this is the way they should have gone..

My worry with the Barbecue game is that it would make me hungry playing it.. Watched a preview with David Fix and Steve Bowden they mentioned it was going to be alphanumeric or dot DMD. Think this is the way they should have gone..
I watched it with Jack Danger and co and thought the same 🍔😋
Looks like an ok game to me, hitting the ramps would be ok as I only play a few games so no chance of coils getting too hot.

Wife said get it but too much bs going on here so just treated myself to some Technics SL1200’s instead😂

Love a BBQ too😏

Yeah, i dont remember there been loads of them about back in the day either, not like addams which was in nearly every pub for awhile in 1992 ish
T2 was absolutely my gateway drug into pinball 😎 One appeared in our local dive bar / rock pub and I never looked back. So many hours spent on it , chugging 80p beers. A bunch of us played it so was always in use. Happy days.
Fast forward 33 years and now I have a bunch of games sat in the GrizZ shack that I barely play 😕 I sometimes think those 90s days playing on site , hunting them down pre internet in pubs, bowling alleys, cafes , seaside arcades …. Never knowing when you would stumble on a new game…. really were my favourite pinball days.

Fast forward 33 years and now I have a bunch of games sat in the GrizZ shack that I barely play 😕 I sometimes think those 90s days playing on site , hunting them down pre internet in pubs, bowling alleys, cafes , seaside arcades …. Never knowing when you would stumble on a new game…. really were my favourite pinball days.
Get yourself down to the new Pinball Republic 🙃

Snap for me @Sgt GrizZ T2 was the first game I can remember playing. I had previously assumed pinball was all just random but when the cool barman strutted over, stuck in 10p then started hitting shots with Arnie shouting back at him I thought I’d take a closer look at what was going on and I was instantly hooked

Ther sheer joy of then walking in of an evening and seeing a pristine brand new game was brilliant. Hardly any others played them so it was just me, my mate, the cool barman and now wife going 4s up and competing for GC.

I have great memories of Judge Dread, Red and Teds and Twilight Zone from back then. I went off to uni and was in heaven with probably 15 games within a 5 minute walk for only 10p a go. It really did seem like a golden age.

As great as it is to have your own games, there was just much more jeopardy playing out in public with your own money. A bad ball and you fight to try and get it back rather than just reset and start again. I guess competitions bring back some of that but it isn’t the same as getting down to the last of your beer money and trying to eel out more playing time!

Happy days indeed.

Last edited:
Changing the art on a TAF would be an interesting solution if the only thing holding it back is a licensing issue.

Much as I love the original artwork I’m not certain how much of a deal breaker it would be for people who were too young for the film.
What’s the odds they just keep the game exactly the same as rebrand it as a “Wednesday” edition?

Can’t see it would sell anything like as much as a “normal” version but it’s the obvious title to remake in some form or other.
A Wednesday edition TAF remake would be the only NIB pin I’d be willing to waste 8.5k on!!! LOVE WEDNESDAY

I'm not sure, but is there a "Ratio" on Pinballinfo for the most posts v the actual games sold in the UK ?

If so, this thread must be a contender. American Pinball might be the new messiah. The new Bally Williams. They might have spares and be robustly tested.

But that is quite rare nowadays.

I know that I am old school, luddite etc etc

But rather than getting involved in this modern American Pinball stuff, you could always buy a Fish Tales for about 3 grand. It sold 13.5k units. Was thoroughly designed and tested. Plenty of spares. The damned things are still working 30 plus years later. Very straightforward to maintain. And it has a flappy fish on the top, included in the price.

Totally agree, during his talk David Fix seemed genuinely surprised and concerned at the lack of AP game owners present in the UK and the consensus seemed to be that we were just getting charged far too much and being priced out of the market. I'd absolutely love to own a GTF, but I'm never going to be in a position to buy a NIB game.... We all discussed pricing and he gave the impression that prices here were exceptionally high. It's a bit snakey to do this deal behind Phil's back but totally agree, we need competition otherwise NIBs will just endlessly skyrocket in price
100% Agree. Distros have their hands tied in most cases. They should be free to sell the games they have at any price they want to. But as I understand it prices are mostly kept artificially high. Given that most buyers keep their games in top top condition it’s better to buy a second hand game and save thousands than a NIB… but if Distros can still make money, why shouldn’t they be free to charge what they want? I can’t believe many out there are paying £13,000 for a game too often. We all understand VAT and shipping charges and even modest mark-ups, but don’t want. Pay tho sounds over the odds.

Funny. TMNT always makes me want to give up on pinball
Anyone that finishes that game on single player is a serious pro. Managed to get to the end once with my mate on co op mode. Great game once you have the shots dialed in tho.,The LE/premium with the moving krang is one of the funniest things I’ve experienced in pinball

Back
Top Bottom