What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“GTF” Galactic Tank Owners Parlour

The wire form issue is easily resolved by pulling it up a touch on the right side near the bottom - That game had not been fettled since out of the box

What is you your not happy with about the tank ?

The wire form issue is easily resolved by pulling it up a touch on the right side near the bottom - That game had not been fettled since out of the box

What is you your not happy with about the tank ?
The 3D print quality just for me. It needs a sculptured model imo.

Last edited:
You bought the full bifta. I thought that was for the super LE only..
Of course, gotta have the tank cabinet😜😁 The LE has the topper and side tank tracks, knocker, shaker, invisible glass and coloured armour.
The SLE also came with some extras (signed apron, 3D backglass, posters, a pint glass, different coloured armour etc).

New members check list

* Tank target mod is already installed
* Check pop bumpers are all working and adjust switches as not that sensitive
* Install latest code - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/ - make sure you format to Exfat
* Order in ball lock save mod if not fitted ( i doubt it will be ) I have 1 spare as they sent 2.
* Adjust left side wireform by bending up lower right side a touch to stop ball falling off
* Install magnet mylar on tank and AIR magnets - https://pinparts.co.uk/pinball-parts/ols/products/mylar-magnet-protector
* Adjust magnet so it is flush with playfield - tighten it up as it will come loose
Anything else I remember I’ll update

Last edited:
New members check list

* Tank target mod is already installed
* Check pop bumpers are all working and adjust switches as not that sensitive
* Install latest code - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/ - make sure you format to Exfat
* Order in ball lock save mod if not fitted ( i doubt it will be ) I have 1 spare as they sent 2.
* Adjust left side wireform by bending up lower right side a touch to stop ball falling off
* Install magnet mylar on tank and AIR magnets - https://pinparts.co.uk/pinball-parts/ols/products/mylar-magnet-protector

Anything else I remember I’ll update
Thanks for this @SeikoKid really helpful to know for a new owner👍👍
I haven't had the chance to unbox yet and may not get a chance to until the weekend🫤

Is there an easy way to know if the tank mod is fitted??
What's the ball lock save mod?? If I need one I take it it's just an email to American Pinball?

I have a exfat formatted USB stick with the software on ready to go👍👍
Just followed your link to order the mylar but they are out of stock😔

Thanks again for the super helpful post👍

Tank mod is the black plastic behind the tank targets
Ball lock mod is the metal rod with the plastic on it

Attachments

• IMG_9534.webp
    IMG_9534.webp
    225.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9535.webp
    IMG_9535.webp
    181.5 KB · Views: 20
So if you pay extra for the tank lid on your backbox, do you have to fold your backbox down every night, so that you are getting your moneys worth out of the tank ?
Otherwise you are only ever going to see it once? 🤣
I dont think I can even permanently fit the tank lid to the backbox in its current location due to the low ceiling 😕........ but my little boy thinks the light up tank tracks and the fact we have a pinball machine than CAN turn onto a tank is super cool and that's worth the extra money to me 🙂

So if you pay extra for the tank lid on your backbox, do you have to fold your backbox down every night, so that you are getting your moneys worth out of the tank ?
Otherwise you are only ever going to see it once? 🤣
I fold mine down on even days of the week

I try to cycle this so it meets even months of the year, on the odd months i do the odd days

@rolorolorolo
Should you find you are without the ball lock mod shoot me your address and i’ll post you out the spare one they sent me - I very much doubt I need this spare part

There is a way of having the tank tracks working off the pinball machine by utilising the internal service plug, however this is permanent live so the treads will stay on after you switch off your machine. You will need to use the remote to turn them off.
I took apart the power switch and swapped over the feeds so the service port is now only live when the machine is switched on , and such the treads turn on and off with the main power switch underneath the cabinet

I can’t say to you this is easy as i’m an electrician and to me it was very simple but I do believe it is very simple and if you do want to do this I can guide you through if you become a bit nervous about it

Well have spent longer than expected unboxing as I had a couple of issues out of the box.
First off, wrong legs...two grey LE legs, two black standard legs (without the holes to fit the tank tracks which I plan to do when they arrrive).
A small chip on the invisible glass, not huge but right on the edge which worries me a little that it may get worse taking the glass in and out.
Bass speaker wasn't screwed in, still need to tighten it a bit more to stop some rattling.
No tank mod or ball save mod fitted (half expected that to be the case). Thanks @SeikoKid for the kind offer to send me your spare ball save mod... I will try American Pinball first but will let you know if I have no luck.
The supplied balls were rusty (no big deal, I have spares)
Right flipper very slow to return, confession time, I haven't had the need to mess around with flippers much since I have been in the hobby, so may need some help and advice with that one 🙁 (see video)
That having been said, all of these things are pretty easy fixes and, having had a couple of quick goes....it seems a fun game🙂

Attachments

• IMG-20240928-WA0007.webp
    IMG-20240928-WA0007.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20240928-WA0008.webp
    IMG-20240928-WA0008.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240928_185339.mp4
    20240928_185339.mp4
    20 MB
  • IMG-20240928-WA0013.webp
    IMG-20240928-WA0013.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 22
Ah man, sorry to hear of those problems
I think the black ones are from the deluxe. The one Phil had at the EAG had black legs and Lees one that Williams amusements has does have grey legs all round so clearly a packing issue

I see yours is 088 - mine is Oct 23 , i’m guessing yours is earlier ?

There is a point around summer last year where they started to fit the tank mod as standard.

The flippers i found and have been told on AP are sloppy , i fitted precision bushes to mine and fettled them so they are bang on. I did have to ramp up the power to 34 to make the game decent but now im back down to standard or just under ( i can’t remember the setting arm )
The glass is anti reflective

Where in essex are you ?

Back
Top Bottom