What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Classic Vol IV @ UK Pinfest 2024 £2000 1st Place Prize

You asked for it, we delivered. Worlds Largest Pinball Classic 1st Prize £2000!

Welcome to The Pinball Classics Vol IV at UK Pinfest 2024 (https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=80938)

When: Friday-Sunday 16-18th August 2024

Qualifying: 10am - 6pm Friday
Qualifying: 10am - 6pm Saturday
Play-Offs: 10am - 1pm Sunday

Price: £25 for registration includes 5 games entry (1 game on 1 machine), T-SHIRT and Lanyard.

1717693482810.png

We need at least 100 people pre-registered for this.

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes - £2000 the winner, 30% for second, 20% for third & 10% for fourth of remaining prize fund. Paid by Bank Transfer.

WPPR points awarded: Yes

Tournament head: Shaun Harvey

Pre-register for the competition by sending £25 to The Pinball Classic quoting Your Name and T-Shirt size.

There will be eight Classic machines available to play and you get five tickets (included in registration) to play on the machine(s) of your choice. Additional tickets are only £1.50 each, 5 for £5.

1. Space Shuttle
2. Flash
3. Seawitch
4. Viking
5. Stern Meteor
6. Gorgar
7. Super Orbit
8. Flight 2000

When qualifying ends at 6pm on Saturday, the sixteen players with the top two scores on each machine will have qualified for the play-offs to be played the next day.

Only one qualification per player is allowed, so if a player has the top score on more than one machine, the machine on which they have the greatest margin of victory will be their qualifying machine and all other scores will not be counted. This will result in players in second, third or lower positions moving up to qualify for the play-offs. (Any joint 16th place players will compete for the best game on a machine selected by the TD)

In the play-offs, the sixteen qualifiers will be formed into the following:

Round 1 (16 players divided into groups of 4) (Top 2 in each group advance into next round) on 3 random machines from pool
Round 2 (8 Players divided into groups 4) (Top 2 in each group advance into next round) on 3 random machines from pool
Round 3 (4 Players into 1 group of 4) Compete for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place on 3 random machines from pool

All games in rounds score 4,2,1,0

Last edited:
Amazing.

Please confirm that space shuttle is zac not Williams. I believe a Williams one is in the main hall

Reactions: Arv
Yeah. When i did the poster i was going to do a few hours on Thursday for extra WPPR's. It will be changed to Friday when i fire up photoshop next.

Just out of curiosity, how does the placing work for those who don’t qualify for the finals? Do the third best scores on a machine all get =17th, 4th best =25th etc, with some modifications to remove people’s scores who did better on another machine?

Just out of curiosity, how does the placing work for those who don’t qualify for the finals? Do the third best scores on a machine all get =17th, 4th best =25th etc, with some modifications to remove people’s scores who did better on another machine?
I'm using matchplay events this year so it will be worked out via the software. But yes pretty much what you're saying. Basically aim for Top 1 or 2 on any machine and you'll qualify.

Gentle bump on this one guys. If we are to hit the £2000 target I need numbers before the event as stated in the 2nd post and also to order the correct t-shirts. 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom