What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Not impressive I know, but broke a billion for the first time twice today.
Had extra incentive, as had some mates round last night to watch the footy etc and Ed R beat by GC score - now I've taken it back!... for now...

Lot of work to do still, but chuffed. Such an additcive game, even though super frustrating at times.
1000018295.jpg

Just 1 quick game on Foo’s. MB’s saved the day and kept the points ticking over. Area 51 stacked with Foo Bot MB helped a lot 👍

IMG_1357.jpeg

Went to Hastings for the weekend and had a few games on James Bond Pro in one of the arcades there.

Managed 1.86 billion, but failed to get the GC, as @Itch had been there earlier and had set the GC at 2.18 billion!

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

I forgot to take a photo but while playing the James Bond, @Itch turned up and promptly set the GC on Ghostbusters, beating the existing GC of 3.8 billion with a score of (I think) just over 6 billion. I then had a decent game, but couldn't come close only managing 1.9 billion!

Still not reached The Dude Abides, only had 4 out of 6 challenges but Super Jackpot didn't seem to register this time :hmm:

IMG_3108.JPG

It’s Jaws, the second-newest Stern release. It’s very good!
presumably it has a big blue playfield and a massive shark toy that rotates and opens its mouth and swallows the ball etc. Does it also go under the playfield and jump out?
is there lots of blood? great license potential. i bet the music is awesome too

presumably it has a big blue playfield and a massive shark toy that rotates and opens its mouth and swallows the ball etc. Does it also go under the playfield and jump out?
is there lots of blood? great license potential. i bet the music is awesome too
It does have a big blue playfield, the shark does pop up on the Premium, the music is awesome, and there is blood.

As for the shark eating the ball… if you search Pinside for “shark eats ball” you are in for a treat!

IMG_5237.jpeg

956,101 on Total Nuclear Annihilation. I’m super proud of him. A single big multiball, apparently.

He also got a million on Centaur, more than a 100 million on Jurassic Park, and monster fish/video mode in Fish Tales today. He’s on the Elton John high score table, as well.

Not impressive by the standards of grown ups, but he is only seven.

4 out of 6 is the most I've had too. I got this in the first week or two, can't get near it now. I've made it a little steeper today which is making it play better.

I’ve managed 5 out of 6 a couple of times, both times needing the final Rug Mode. Most times I try to get the bowling balls first so do that skill shot, but then of course if you do the Rug skill shot you’re closer to an extra ball…. TBL is great as there are so many ways to play 🎳

I’ve managed 5 out of 6 a couple of times, both times needing the final Rug Mode. Most times I try to get the bowling balls first so do that skill shot, but then of course if you do the Rug skill shot you’re closer to an extra ball…. TBL is great as there are so many ways to play 🎳
Yep, rules seem simple on the surface, and they are, but there are nuances to getting higher scores and progressing quicker, like completing the bowling balls and White Russian ingredients.

One thing I've wondered, why isn't there any combo scoring/achievements? I know it isn't the most flowy game but you can string a number of shots together.

Back
Top Bottom