What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Oasis queue misery here

I paid £150 per ticket for general admission tickets at Heaton Park.
Ticketmaster scammed people by using dynamic pricing, “in demand” ticket prices increase as they sell out.

It is the opposite of capitalism and should be made illegal by the government. Increased demand should drive prices down not up. Ticketmaster is operating as a ticket tout, which I thought was not allowed. If Noel and Liam said they wanted £135 a ticket then who authorised Ticketmaster to add another 200 on top, just for them, for no reason whatsoever. I think this will be a turning point and that people will start bombing TM offices or similar in the near future. Even the artists themselves are being scammed out of over 50% of the take, and they have expensive and powerful lawyers. Watch this space, Gypsy Rose Cooldan predicts.
gif subo.gif

It’s actually quite a pure form of capitalism. With a scarce product, price increases to meet demand. Demand in this case is off the scale. If the price was lower they’d be even more demand.

I don’t like it either and would never pay so much over the odds. **** Ticketmaster.

It’s a model that gives you cheap hotels and bargain basement fights, but the rich man wins when it comes to rare and in demand products.

It is the opposite of capitalism and should be made illegal by the government. Increased demand should drive prices down not up. Ticketmaster is operating as a ticket tout, which I thought was not allowed. If Noel and Liam said they wanted £135 a ticket then who authorised Ticketmaster to add another 200 on top, just for them, for no reason whatsoever. I think this will be a turning point and that people will start bombing TM offices or similar in the near future. Even the artists themselves are being scammed out of over 50% of the take, and they have expensive and powerful lawyers. Watch this space, Gypsy Rose Cooldan predicts.
View attachment 260192
According to Tickermaster the demand price increases is something decided by the Artist/Managers/Promoters and not them, they dont have to enable it apparently.

Another aspect of the **** show is announcing extra shows at a later date so the poor sods who bought crappy seated tickets then could have had better closer and cheaper tickets the next day.

Some poor ****ers will have ended up with seats with extremely restricted views.

Given Ticketmaster own all the reselling sites (and the 02 venues) there is a huge incentive for them to do exactly **** all about it.

It’s actually quite a pure form of capitalism. With a scarce product, price increases to meet demand. Demand in this case is off the scale. If the price was lower they’d be even more demand.

I don’t like it either and would never pay so much over the odds. **** Ticketmaster.

It’s a model that gives you cheap hotels and bargain basement fights, but the rich man wins when it comes to rare and in demand products.
View attachment 260192
It isn't really capitalism tbh because Ticketmaster has a monopoly, therefore little or no competitive forces, and can therefore act with impunity. I suspect this latest price-gouging technique is being implemented because they will imminently be losing the % income they get from the touts who operate on the ticket resale sites (some of which they also own), because that absolute sham is being outlawed.

The big US anti-competitive organisations have teeth now though, after years of allowing this monopolisation to run free. And I read that this latest technique has also been added to the UK government's anti-competition review too. So hopefully things will change and these monopolies get broken up. Cory Doctorow explains this better than I did here: https://pluralistic.net/2024/06/03/aoi-aoi-oh/

The interesting thing about this 'dynamic pricing' nonsense is what happens if the event is cancelled? Most companies state that in event of cancellation you will be refunded the face value of the ticket price plus fees. Is the ticket price the £150 or the dynamic price of £300+? I'd be interested to know if these higher priced tickets will have a higher price as a 'ticket' or just an extra charge. In the good old days of physical tickets it was much easier, rather than this e-ticket rubbish

It is the opposite of capitalism and should be made illegal by the government.

Two Tier Keir is on it @cooldan. Your wish is his command. Within days of the election we are all safer, freer, facing lower taxes, pensioners will be warmer in winter and will all have cheaper access to p1ss bottle throwing at open air gigs.

Screenshot_20240903-075620_Samsung Internet.webp

The whole process used should be banned as it is incredibly wasteful. Having a million people waiting in an online queue for an hour is 114 years. Plus it burns up enough co2 to send 2 or 3 737s down to the Mediterranean and back.

If they had a process where you pre-register your id with the ticket agent in advance (like they do for glastonbury) and then you apply before a deadline to attend an event with your application going into a draw for a ticket, only accept returns and refunds through agents and insist on checking ID at the event, it would remove this whole wasteful and frustrating process including the touts.

But then it wouldn't fulfil the need for greed of the promoters, agents, touts and bands.

And for glastonbury I don't see how their process fits well with their supposed green credentials. Effectively each year their ticketing process is murdering a couple of people and generating 4 or 5 return trip planes to the mediterannean worth of co2. But the process pushes you to travel there on a diesel bus.

Realistically, won't they just add more dates? 4-5 day gaps have been left between the shows. I have no idea whether Liam's voice will hold out.

Once the venues are set up, cabled etc etc they could do night after night raking in a vast amount of money.

Anyway, if you have missed out on tickets be pleased that you are not giving the Gallagher brothers any of your hard earned and you could always seek golden showers elsewhere.

Realistically, won't they just add more dates? 4-5 day gaps have been left between the shows. I have no idea whether Liam's voice will hold out.

Once the venues are set up, cabled etc etc they could do night after night raking in a vast amount of money.

Anyway, if you have missed out on tickets be pleased that you are not giving the Gallagher brothers any of your hard earned and you could always seek golden showers elsewhere.
You've described cash grab phase 2, just waiting on phase 1 backlash to quiet down beforehand..

Deaf and blind folk trying to phone for tickets also struggled ....

"A deafblind man has been left 'thoroughly disappointed' after he called Wembley Stadium's Oasis disability ticket line 800 times with 'no success'."

"Mr Morris previously saw Liam and Noel Gallagher live in 2000 and 2009"

🤔

Just read the brothers are trying to distance themselves from the “surge” price. Blaming their management.

Anyone fancy betting on if this will translate into returning the extra cash to customers? I’m guessing their outrage is not going to be correlated to feeling guilty about taking the cash.

"A deafblind man has been left 'thoroughly disappointed' after he called Wembley Stadium's Oasis disability ticket line 800 times with 'no success'."

"Mr Morris previously saw Liam and Noel Gallagher live in 2000 and 2009"

🤔
I'm not sure if this is amusement or confusion. The former is not appropriate. I would expect the person in question has an Ushers Syndrome diagnosis - deaf with gradual deterioration of vision - due to retinitis pigmentosa. This is a devastating, rare genetic disorder, with three main types. I would also point out that 'deaf' and 'blind' rarely mean co0mplete loss of the sense involved.

Apologies for serious tone - I work with Deafblind Scotland and have a grandchild with the condition - so feel rather strongly about this.

My brother agreed to get me tickets for Edinburgh as I was on holiday out the country during the presale- he managed to get 4 but has subsequently informed me that he has sold them for as much as a Mando topper to some intermediary - greedy b*stard 😡

1725481738871.webp
I played one with the topper last week and didn’t get the chance to look up once and watch it- bit of a waste of money I reckon unless you’re a mega SW fan or amazing player who can look up (which I’m not)

why is it $2000, what does it do?
does it mow the lawn or make a nice cup of tea, can it do football punditry, is there a hidden fleshlight?

My brother agreed to get me tickets for Edinburgh as I was on holiday out the country during the presale- he managed to get 4 but has subsequently informed me that he has sold them for as much as a Mando topper to some intermediary - greedy b*stard 😡
He's a wise man not greedy, they're greedy, that was a great opportunity for a quick flip.

Back
Top Bottom