What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Gameplay & Tutorial Videos

Its been a while (again!) and I'm super behind on uploads but here is one from the workshop from a few months back - and it is a game that I've always had a negative opinion on until now.... it's Star Trek The Next Gen! Thrilled that the channel also just hit 700 subscribers and one video has just surpassed 10k views (with a few others close behind) which seems absolutely insane to me, so thank you to everyone who is still watching these and supporting the channel.

Always find it a bit bizarre when a video gets dislikes, have just had 2 on the Star Trek video... like who is searching for videos of machines then watching them and being like "erugh can't stand this" weird behaviour, especially seeing as I'm a random dude on a very small channel filming and editing these in my own time receiving absolutely no benefit from doing them really... always makes me laugh. Thanks to those who do like and support them though.

Always find it a bit bizarre when a video gets dislikes, have just had 2 on the Star Trek video... like who is searching for videos of machines then watching them and being like "erugh can't stand this" weird behaviour, especially seeing as I'm a random dude on a very small channel filming and editing these in my own time receiving absolutely no benefit from doing them really... always makes me laugh. Thanks to those who do like and support them though.
Fat fingers I guess, or drunk in charge of an internet connected device.

What's not to like, please keep creating, your videos are ace. 👍

It would make more sense if they commented. But I imagine the comment's wouldn’t make sense, something like;

‘I prefer the Stern Star Trek - dislike’

‘You made a shot I can’t make - dislike’

🙄 who knows.

As Ashbo says - the videos are great! 👍

I have been struggling with motivation to get these edited recently (we have 8 other machines already filmed just waiting to be edited) but made the effort last night after work to put together another video for your viewing pleasure. Today we have Zaccaria's rather lovely Soccer Kings from 1982!

Hoping to try to get back into weekly uploads as it seems Youtube have really slowed down sharing my channel to people so here is this weeks video where we are taking a look at an absolute classic from the EM days, its Captain Fantastic! Currently I'm 195 subs away from hitting 1000 which seems pretty incredible really, if you haven't subscribed yet please do consider as it will push me ever closer to the big 1000 , I'm already thinking of ideas for a 1k sub special :D

I didn't get a chance to film Judge Dredd before it returned to its home so our upcoming videos in no particular order are:
'300' (EM Gottlieb)
Ice Revue (EM Gottlieb)
Spin Out (EM Gottlieb)
Last Action Hero (SS Data East)
Genie (SS Gottlieb)
Super Orbit (SS Gottlieb)
Pinball Magic (SS Capcom)
Stargate (SS Gottlieb)
Dr. Who (SS Bally/Williams)
Monte Carlo (SS Gottlieb)

It's looking like a bit of a Gottlieb-fest (hooraaay!) but I'm sure there will be plenty of extra surprises along the way!

Another week brings another video, I'm planning on going with weekly uploads from now on every Monday to try and help the Youtube algorithm goblins to recommend my channel to people. I've also remade all of my thumbnails so they are much more cohesive and improved the images & quality of a lot of them, still a few more to work through but I'm a lot happier with them now.

Anyway, this week we are taking a look at a Data East Last Action Hero from 1993, a game I hadn't actually seen in person until this one stopped by the workshop.

Due to the magic of YouTube I was able to set up an auto-upload while I'm on holiday (which I had totally forgotten about!) so here we have Gottliebs marvellous Genie. Will be something unique coming to the channel in a few weeks time as I'm filming footage of the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas so will make a video documenting the offering they have there 👍🏻

Due to the magic of YouTube I was able to set up an auto-upload while I'm on holiday (which I had totally forgotten about!) so here we have Gottliebs marvellous Genie. Will be something unique coming to the channel in a few weeks time as I'm filming footage of the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas so will make a video documenting the offering they have there 👍🏻

Happy Birthday mate...hope you are enjoying your holiday...I am proper jealous of you visiting the Pinball Hall of Fame👍

Here's a little extra surprise machine already... It's Independence Day from Sega!

Whether I'll upload this on an upcoming Monday or whether it's an additional video I'm yet to decide but look out for a tour of the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas coming very soon!

R O L L E R G A M E S !

Wow. Dude you have transported me back in time and I cannot thank you enough. I think I owned either 2 or possibly 3 of this game and it is still one of my all time top ten and I would definitely like to own one again in future.

You are providing a valuable service to the forum and the whole community, i just wish i could play as well as you. The only things you left out were the magnificent way the locked balls just randomly go for a play skate while you try to lock the last one(s) and of course the best bum in pinball in the velour blue tracksuit of the lady on the back glass. Rock, rock, rock, rollergames! I’ll be humming that all day now

Wow. Dude you have transported me back in time and I cannot thank you enough. I think I owned either 2 or possibly 3 of this game and it is still one of my all time top ten and I would definitely like to own one again in future.

You are providing a valuable service to the forum and the whole community, i just wish i could play as well as you. The only things you left out were the magnificent way the locked balls just randomly go for a play skate while you try to lock the last one(s) and of course the best bum in pinball in the velour blue tracksuit of the lady on the back glass. Rock, rock, rock, rollergames! I’ll be humming that all day now
I'd certainly like one again too, I really love the old TV show and the pin encapsulates the show perfectly. Thanks for your kind words, it really does mean a lot, especially when I'm in a slump and can't be bothered to edit 😂

The lock animation (is it called 'Cycle Locks'?) can be disabled, maybe it was on the machine shown.
It was enabled on my machine, I think I just either didn't mention it when it happened or forgot to mention it during the tutorial. I'd have to re-watch the video though as I can't quite remember.

I never got on with Radical! But good to know. Hi Steve!
I cannot make Pinfest this year as I will be at Macchu Picchu while hopefully hepped up on goofballs

This weeks video is featuring one of my favourite wedge head games, its Gottlieb's Ice Revue from 1965! The Pinball Hall of Fame info/tour video will be posted next Monday, I had an issue recording voice-overs for it so having to refilm and edit that. I've updated the initial post on this thread to include the list of upcoming videos which I'll keep updated as games come in, that way I wont need to keep making separate posts with the list :D

Last edited:
This week we will be looking at a stunning 300 by Gottlieb. They also released this as a 2 player version titled Top Score.

In order to keep uploading every Monday I'm going to start to add gameplay only videos to the channel as well otherwise I will eventually run out of tutorials do! I've already done this previously with Transporter The Rescue, next week will be a gameplay only of Genesis. Gameplay only videos have a white title strip across the bottom of the thumbnail whereas the classic tutorial/gameplay videos all have a black title strip - hoping this will make it easier to differentiate the 2 different series. Anyways, please enjoy, let me know your thoughts and see you later this week at Pinfest!

Last week I was busy with PBR so didn't upload a tutorial but instead took you guys on a tour of the new Pinball Republic which I didn't post here, this week we take a look a Bally's Doctor Who from 1992! I've tried to make the tutorials a little more detailed recently and also now don't comment during the gameplay sections - I hope that seems to be going down well with people? I might also stop posting new videos on this thread soon as it doesn't get a lot of interaction anymore and I don't want to clutter the forum with something nobody wants to look at - never the less uploads will keep coming every Monday so subscribe to keep informed.

Back
Top Bottom