What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Oh no not another Roadshow shop log...

setchuk

Site Supporter
My Roadshow has been sat in storage for a number of years, it was fully working up until Ted's Eyes went wonky and while I ordered the part to fix them, it never got fitted and it was packaged up ready for me to relocate.

Well I decided to move it into the house a few weeks ago but it was generally quite tatty with typical art fade and a fair few war wounds, to get it in the house I literally had to start dismatling it and then realised If I put it back together as is not only will it not look great indoors but I always promised myself i'd restore it one day.. and i'd just put it off again and never do it.

So this was initially just going to be a re-decal but one thing has led to another and well.. with the exception of the playfield.. which i doubt i'll have any hope in getting, every cabinet based nut and bolt is being replaced..

I was never going to post much on this if at all but here seems as good a place with likeminded people who might appreciate a complete Pinball novice trying to restore a Roadshow.

IMG_2615.webp
This was after it was unwrapped and I was pre-restore mode.

And my moinor playfield blemish.. Im leaving this as is for now.. until I find a new playfield and then that will also undergo a complete restoration.

IMG_2616.webp

IMG_2992.webp

I eventually decided before I was going to strip the cabinet, Id order some artwork.. in the end I flipped a coin from 2 suppliers and ordered some from Pinballdecals.eu.. other than terrible communications the artwork arrived and entered the point of no return and stripped it down. I am very happy with the quality of the artwork.

IMG_3034.webpIMG_3053.webp

I probably should have taken more photos but in the end I spend 3 weeks trying to patch every little blemish.. the quiality of the head especially out of the factor was terrible.. so lots of sanding and filler.

The head and base were both primed and I clearcoated the head, rather than replace the black vinyl on the top and bottom I chose to keep the wood effect as I think it looks much nicer. I'll grab some more photos of this but for now there is this with the first side of artwork on.

C4144C00-A185-4CBC-9715-1CCCD3D4509C.webp

A Happy mistake.. or should i send them back. ? one of the reasons why i've decided to post my progress in here.

So I dug the legs out of storage and thought they were better condition than they were, and while I had a selection of metal work to strip and replace and based on how much i spent on primer and paint for the head & body.. plus my time.. I figured Id save myself the hassle and get them powder coated.. picked them up today and they messed up, but I sort of like them.

The head hinges... they've said i can drop them back and they will re-do them but I sort of like them in Roadshow blue.... what do you think ?

IMG_3104.webp

Hinges look fine to me.

You can get a playfield from

They also make the best repros in my opinion.
Yeah i've seen these.. but wow thats a chunk of change I may bite the bullet by the time the cabinet has been done but I'd like to get it back together soon to clear up all the parts that are scatered about the house.. maybe i'll treat myself in the new year.

Ironically, reading back through the posts i missed a Playfield on ebay back in April when I wasnt even thinking about this but a fellow member on here got it.

Without wanting to upset you, the prototype shown on the flyer also had the side rails and front moulding in blue. Would that be a little too 'overspray special' for you?

Without wanting to upset you, the prototype shown on the flyer also had the side rails and front moulding in blue. Would that be a little too 'overspray special' for you?

Oh yes, I prefer the chrome finish on the side rails and front Bar, I've seen one done in Yellow on here.. its nice but not for me.

Back
Top Bottom