What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Node board repair

Not sussed those ones out yet, there's a bit of a long queue here -- been prioritising those that aren't mine 😅
No worries 👍

Well one of them probably doesn't have a fault I think it was the actual pins on the connector block, be interesting to know, (dont worry I don't care if it works fine 👍)
The other acting as node 9 is definitely a cap issue not holding its charge to start the board I suspect, as it will work once machine on for a bit and a charge has been put through the cap, quick turn off and on again works perfect, until powered off for a bit.

So - Question. I have a faulty None 9 board somwehere for GB. My machine is fine - picked it up as a "faulty spare" just in case.
Is there any realistic chance of damage if i through it into mine for fault finding, at the very least to try to work out what the current status is before starting a repair?

Is there any realistic chance of damage if i through it into mine for fault finding, at the very least to try to work out what the current status is before starting a repair?
Not impossible but minimal chance to cause any damage I would think unless the "faulty" symptoms include black smoke coming out of the machine. 😂

You can do a standalone bench test by supplying the 48V rail and putting 9V or so across the VNB rail on the RJ45 connectors. If red & green lights come on, and the orange one flashes, the power is good and the MCU is alive. See post #34 in this thread on page 2.

Back
Top Bottom