What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

that is why I used "apparently" and I don't say as much about you mike these days nor homepin but I never understood why in the first place you targeted me..

Well from now on I will not jump into your threads again unless you bring me up, and how about we just call a end to this *** for tat and we both move in our own directions.

I admire your effort and what you have accomplished reproducing so much, it takes alot of determination and effort - all the best Mike

Last edited:
Mike I emailed your company a few times about the AFM board. I have not had a reply.

I also contacted the supplier of the board whom I purchased it from - they told me it was dirty data and I needed a new WPC95 power driver board..... This was the only reply I got from the supplier.

So please do not say I am 'BSing'. If you were that worried about customer relations, you should of DM'ed me and offered to help.

Mike I emailed your company a few times about the AFM board. I have not had a reply.

I also contacted the supplier of the board whom I purchased it from - they told me it was dirty data and I needed a new WPC95 power driver board..... This was the only reply I got from the supplier.

So please do not say I am 'BSing'. If you were that worried about customer relations, you should of DM'ed me and offered to help.
I have never received any messages from anyone regarding the AFM strobe board - EVER! I tire of people spreading falsehoods about me/Homepin which is why I snapped at your comments. If you have indeed tried to contact us about the problem the message was certainly never received.

You are welcome to contact me on either sales@homepin.com or support@homepin.com - both email addresses have been valid for 10 years.

If you are emailing from a 'free' service it might be that your email was blocked from this end? We don't do business on social media sites so you won't find me messaging anyone if they have an issue - that simply isn't professional.

You said in your post that it was Homepin that told you about "dirty data" and that most certainly was never the case - perhaps the agent said that but it didn't come from us.

In any case, I am always happy to resolve any problem with our products so if you have an issue please contact me with the details of the issue and we certainly WILL resolve it for you.

My view is the game looks pretty fun and it would do well on location here, as theme is king. Who cares if the layout, or depth of the game isnt the most imaginary thing ever. I'd put a couple of quid in it to play it as would anyone who knows the theme to.

I hope some do find their way here :) As somebody once told me (personally), 'making pinball is hard'!!
YAY! i finally found the Tap thread i came back to this forum looking for (and to sell some old bits and pieces).

Jim - I completely agree with your post. it also looks like fun to me, and it is unfair to see all these negative comments based on a video of some crap player at a show where there were just 2 prototypes. give the guy a break, fellas! it's Spinal ****ing Tap! btw is it you i bought the old Citroen Xsara Picasso from and drove it home? screeched a bit turning left but otherwise a peach for the price. i sold it on when i got another Jazz as i missed mine so much, but it was a decent vehicle.

Back to tap - Ive told me yesterday there is one in Great Yarmouth i can go and play. i don't know where that is apart from what Ive told me ("carrot crunchers' territory") but i want a visit. anyone wanna join me? ROAD TRIP!!!!!! (first, is the venue open and the machine playable and recently serviced? I'm not gonna bother if weak coils or too steep to make ramps or not level or something broken about it, i want to give it a fair chance). whose is it?

it even has the manager's affection cricket bat on it!
D7CB8244-5343-4FDA-9F90-A83E7B4CC440.jpeg baby.gif D7CB8244-5343-4FDA-9F90-A83E7B4CC440.jpeg

baby.gif gif wheelchair-back-flip-jump.gif baby.gif

D7CB8244-5343-4FDA-9F90-A83E7B4CC440.jpeg baby.gif D7CB8244-5343-4FDA-9F90-A83E7B4CC440.jpeg

@Homepin i heard you say in your podcast that your factory in in Kaohsiung? I lived in Kaohsiung from March '97 to August '98, right in the centre of town about 200m from the GPO on Chung-Chen and Chung-Shan. my ex-wife (of 17 years) is from Taipei and i have travelled all round the island on my first ever proper bike. My son is half-Taiwanese, he is in Taipei now with his granny. a friend of mine was killed in the big plane crash into Taipei in 1997 (and 2 more died in an arson attack on my house, the same day as i moved out to head for Cambodia ..... some very strong memories of those years; i love Taiwan! i can tell that you are not getting much love here atm but i for one am still on your side!

Box Store stuff (16) - Copy.jpgBox Store stuff (28) - Copy.jpgBox Store stuff (38) - Copy.jpgBox Store stuff (46) - Copy.jpgBox Store stuff (61).jpgBox Store stuff (76).jpgParagliding with Eric at Sai-Chia (9).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (2).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (3).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (4).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (9).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (17).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (21).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (22).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (27).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (30).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (37).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (39).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (48).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (51).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (58).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (60).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (68).jpgTaiwan 1997-1998 (72).jpgTaiwan addendum - I left Box Store 31AUG98, it was burned down 02SEP98, these pics from after ...jpg

YAY! i finally found the Tap thread i came back to this forum looking for (and to sell some old bits and pieces).

Jim - I completely agree with your post. it also looks like fun to me, and it is unfair to see all these negative comments based on a video of some crap player at a show where there were just 2 prototypes. give the guy a break, fellas! it's Spinal ****ing Tap! btw is it you i bought the old Citroen Xsara Picasso from and drove it home? screeched a bit turning left but otherwise a peach for the price. i sold it on when i got another Jazz as i missed mine so much, but it was a decent vehicle.

Back to tap - Ive told me yesterday there is one in Great Yarmouth i can go and play. i don't know where that is apart from what Ive told me ("carrot crunchers' territory") but i want a visit. anyone wanna join me? ROAD TRIP!!!!!! (first, is the venue open and the machine playable and recently serviced? I'm not gonna bother if weak coils or too steep to make ramps or not level or something broken about it, i want to give it a fair chance). whose is it?

View attachment 256378 View attachment 256379 View attachment 256378

View attachment 256379 View attachment 256380 View attachment 256379

@Homepin i heard you say in your podcast that your factory in in Kaohsiung? I lived in Kaohsiung from March '97 to August '98, right in the centre of town about 200m from the GPO on Chung-Chen and Chung-Shan. my ex-wife (of 17 years) is from Taipei and i have travelled all round the island on my first ever proper bike. My son is half-Taiwanese, he is in Taipei now with his granny. a friend of mine was killed in the big plane crash into Taipei in 1997 (and 2 more died in an arson attack on my house, the same day as i moved out to head for Cambodia ..... some very strong memories of those years; i love Taiwan! i can tell that you are not getting much love here atm but i for one am still on your side!

View attachment 256381View attachment 256382View attachment 256383View attachment 256384View attachment 256385View attachment 256386View attachment 256387View attachment 256388View attachment 256389View attachment 256390View attachment 256391View attachment 256392View attachment 256393View attachment 256394View attachment 256395View attachment 256396View attachment 256397View attachment 256398View attachment 256399View attachment 256400View attachment 256401View attachment 256402View attachment 256403View attachment 256404View attachment 256405
Great effort in the beer glass😂😑

@Ret

View attachment 256379 View attachment 256380 View attachment 256379

View attachment 256381View attachment 256382View attachment 256383View attachment 256384View attachment 256385View attachment 256386View attachment 256387View attachment 256388View attachment 256389View attachment 256390View attachment 256391View attachment 256392View attachment 256393View attachment 256394View attachment 256395View attachment 256396View attachment 256397View attachment 256398View attachment 256399View attachment 256400View attachment 256401View attachment 256402View attachment 256403View attachment 256404View attachment 256405
@David retro owns it, he will be able to comment on it's condition.

Regarding the machine it was at pinfest last year so a lot of people have actually played it.

David is the distro for the machine, perhaps he can bring it to pinfest this year 🤷‍♂️ maybe with the extra flipper, extra code it's now amazing.

Thread resurrection lol! Hello Dan, nice to see you back here. :) I'm not sure spinal tap really lived up to the potential of the game.. A newer version with an extra flipper was mentioned awhile back or something, can't remember. I still think it was a good theme for a location.

Yes the £500 Citroen Picasso Special was from me! Probably the best pinball moving car ever, just absolute ****e to drive!! From memory, it was either sell it on here for continued pinball tasks, or scrap it..

We had the Spinal Tap at NERG this month and I believe it is due to be at Pinfest again, but it is the original version with just the 2 flippers.

Regarding the machine it was at pinfest last year so a lot of people have actually played it.

Yes, I've actually played This is Spinal Tap. I played the original two-flipper model at Pinfest last year. Below is copied the Pinside review based on my play:

My Pinside review based on my play at Pinfest 2023.

My god, This is Spinal Tap is comedically bad. So bad, it crosses the threshold of bad and becomes ‘so bad it’s good’, and I played it three times as a result.

Artwork-wise, it’s okay, but the playfield build (ramps, apron, etc.) looks like someone did it at home in their shed and brought it to a show as a homebrew. If Homepin wasn’t confident of welding ramps, they should have gone for the sensible option of assembling from old Bally/Williams parts as others have done.

The huge video screen has no relation to play and is there only to entertain onlookers, should they not already be entertained by watching someone struggling to understand/play this thing. Pertinent information (such as it is provided) is on the DMD screen. I was in a group of three (strangers) playing and we laughed A LOT. Basically, my first game finished in seconds as the ball flew straight down the middle three times from plunge without really touching the flippers - an experience that reminded me heavily of playing classics (i.e. 70s/80s pins) in tournament.

Another player complained the gameplay was floaty and maybe not levelled correctly. I didn’t notice that, or rather, I did notice but just put it down to the overall 70/80s feel of the pin. We also experienced another couple of hilarious auto-drains (so, not just me then). I suggested this table needed a lot of nudging.

Anyway, determined to actually hit the ball with the flippers, I had another two goes on This is Spinal Tap. There was a ‘goes up to 11’ insert dial in the centre, but it wasn’t clear what it was measuring/indicating. The game kept telling me to go for ‘Big Bottom’ or some other shot (I forget the name), but I simply couldn’t see it. The rule card was talking about pods, but nothing on the playfield - that I saw - seemed to be about pods. I, personally, just went for the time-honoured approach of hitting the flashing lights but, as with 70s/80s pins, that didn’t seem to net me a high score, unlike the dude stood with me who was also hitting the ball around randomly wondering what to do.

And then, folks, the ramps… the ramps… I still have no idea how you hit the middle ramp. It looks like it should be hit with a third flipper, but I couldn’t see/find a third flipper. There appears to be no obvious geometric way of hitting it with a two flipper arrangement. I tried backhanding it, fronthanding it, every angle imaginable (I’m not a good pinball player, so I figured the problem was probably with me). Then, I read a review on Pinside saying the middle ramps were inaccessible, which explains it.

Apart from the ‘one more game’ feel of trying not to auto-drain and to work out what to do, I felt the layout was less inspired than Homepin’s previous offering Thunderbirds, which had an entertainingly unconventional - but functional - layout. Apart from the inaccessible ramp, This is Spinal Tap had an unadventurous mix of standard features from Bally-Williams/classics layouts, including three side targets on the lower playfield, a row of three knockdown targets near the flippers, and the hint of a fan layout. I was disappointed. A truly unconventional bats**t layout on this already entertainingly bad pin would have taken the ‘so bad it’s good’ vibe up to 11. More weirdly-thin ramps that go nowhere, bash toys on lifting targets and other such quirky features, please.

I'm sure you could have a great time with it, @cooldan. You sound like a fun guy. Get hold of one, play with a bunch of friends and a lot of beer, and then - when you get bored - have further fun ripping out the insides, bashing it with a hammer and setting fire to it, as per the brilliant @Sgt GrizZ video (of a different pin).

The reason I was taking the mick out of the booth babes on the Blues Brothers thread is purely because I'm not a nice person (I do have Midna as my avatar). And, between Spinal Tap and Thunderbirds (which I also enjoy like a repeat viewing of Battlefield Earth), Homepin pins are the pinball gift that carries on giving.

Yes, I've actually played This is Spinal Tap. I played the original two-flipper model at Pinfest last year. Below is copied the Pinside review based on my play:

I'm sure you could have a great time with it, @cooldan. You sound like a fun guy. Get hold of one, play with a bunch of friends and a lot of beer, and then - when you get bored - have further fun ripping out the insides, bashing it with a hammer and setting fire to it, as per the brilliant @Sgt GrizZ video (of a different pin).

The reason I was taking the mick out of the booth babes on the Blues Brothers thread is purely because I'm not a nice person (I do have Midna as my avatar). And, between Spinal Tap and Thunderbirds (which I also enjoy like a repeat viewing of Battlefield Earth), Homepin pins are the pinball gift that carries on giving.
Hi Vee :D actually i am not fun at all but an intolerable bell-end, most people discover this when they get to know me. The problem part would be getting hold of one though - even if there is one in Great Yarmouth, my enthusiasm for a visit is tempered by the fact/rumour that they have since added a third flipper, so i wouldn't be giving the game a proper chance which i think it deserves. Same therefore unfortunately applies to your review (though i liked your prose style) as it's la review of an unfinished game. I wrote quite a few reviews on Pinside back in the day - i have the same username over there but have similarly not been active since 2017.

I know the video you refer to quite well, as that was my Space Jam and i'm in the vid along with Ivan, Will and Matt. no doubt you've heard this already but we took out anything useful first before smashing it up and burning it. it was a total dog - ****ed playfield with holes filled with polyfilla and big nails blocking shots, unfixable boards, rust, and even the cabinet was water damaged. absolutely nobody wanted it off me, just like the famous videos of games being pushed off rooftops at ... was it Arcade Amusements? the big toad-looking guy who looks like he'd be fun company in a pub; so its value was less than a scrap car - so we did it for fun and to intentionally **** people off and get a reaction. it worked! SJ was ******** anyway, you'd never see anyone destroying anything good. not a pin-lover anyway, as the 4 of us all are.

gif dan plays ACDC on the beach.gif

Nothing says 'well planned layout' than adding an extra flipper after the game has already been released.
Yeah, I think that point has been made. To death. And Homepin listened and realised their mistake and so updated it and even added a new flipper. C’mon guys, he’s still learning, give him a chance. Surely I can’t be the only one excited about seeing a playable 3-flipper finished Spinal Tap pinball machine.

I wonder if I will ever get to.

gif bunglebrot.gif

Ah well I hope you get the chance to play one. I’m all for giving every pin a fair shot but for me both Homepin titles so far have been huge misses. Biggest issue is that they just don’t feel good to play.

On Davids site - the price is not reduced and it is unclear if you would order and get the newer version of the game.

Will post this again 'HAS ANYONE GOT ONE ON ORDER - OR ACTUALLY OWN ONE IN THE UK????'

Really wanted to be proved wrong with this game.

Yeah, I think that point has been made. To death. And Homepin listened and realised their mistake and so updated it and even added a new flipper. C’mon guys, he’s still learning, give him a chance. Surely I can’t be the only one excited about seeing a playable 3-flipper finished Spinal Tap pinball machine.

View attachment 256455
You’ll get to play one, there’ll probably be one with David at Pinfest (if you’re able to drive up for a day) :)

Also, if you want to play Thunderbirds (Homepin’s previous hit title), there’s one at Medway Pinball Club along with the spectacular The Jetsons, my personal lowest-rated pinball machine!

On Davids site - the price is not reduced and it is unclear if you would order and get the newer version of the game.

Will post this again 'HAS ANYONE GOT ONE ON ORDER - OR ACTUALLY OWN ONE IN THE UK????'

Really wanted to be proved wrong with this game.
Well if you did buy one for £8k I'm sure your be extremely happy that there a new version with an extra flipper that maybe fixes a shot that unachievable.

View attachment 256455
Why would anyone give him a chance, that's fine if your not selling a product that cost £8,000. If he was replacing existing machines for free then that's a different story, hats off and if homepin are then great.
Personally this is such a ridiculous statement I think it's to get a rise and response, fair play I've bitten 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Welcome Neil s replacement ✋🙌
if you ever say that again, you're making an enemy out of me and i wouldn't recommend that.

who are you, you've been around 4 years, owned less than 5 pins? i've been in the hobby since 2010, owned around 90 or so, left the hobby in 2017 owning 25 then rapidly culled the herd down to 8 within 6 months, and subsequently dwindled down to the 2 i have left.

apology due. i won't ask twice

if you ever say that again, you're making an enemy out of me and i wouldn't recommend that.

who are you, you've been around 4 years, owned less than 5 pins? i've been in the hobby since 2010, owned around 90 or so, left the hobby in 2017 owning 25 then rapidly culled the herd down to 8 within 6 months, and subsequently dwindled down to the 2 i have left.

apology due. i won't ask twice
I apologise

I was making a joke but I can see your sensitive and didn't mean to upset you.

I'm a nobody and couldn't care less.

Back
Top Bottom