What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis….. that’s all folks……

Not anymore that was changed many years ago
Secured assets lenders get chance to get the assets back
Everyone else including hmrc get an equal share of any remaining assets / money after sale and liquidation costs
This isn’t right, there is indeed a hierarchy. The liquidator gets their fees paid, then the fixed charge secured creditors get their security. Then there are preferential creditors which includes employees with unpaid wages or pension contributions. Then come floating charge secured creditors (with a calculation as to what portion of what they are owed they get based on sales proceeds - some may still pass to unsecured creditors even if the floating charge creditors don’t get 100%). Then come the unconnected unsecured creditors which includes HMRC and the likes of pinball distributors. Finally, connected creditors (like companies with common shareholders) and last of all, shareholders.

Of course, this is the UK, and the insolvency rules are a little bit different in Australia (though not by much).

People are commenting about what happens to debtors etc but do not forget - this is Australia. They have different rules to us in the UK.

Damien would of taken legal advice from accountants etc before he pulled the plug!

The guy was trading whilst insolvent. That could have nasty comeback for him, but there is a lack of a coordinated complaint to the liquidator and the Aussie authorities. Everyone moaning but few prepared to get organised and push hard for some action

Fork - they have got Wayne Gillard in this - jesus ! One failure to another.
Wayne had the licence for bally and tried to make crocodile hunter. For those who don't know.
He also showed tables full of mech as prioof. Whilst, to my knowledge, he didn't take money, he was very hot on issuing cease and desist for those making repro parts. The USA set up nappa, North American pinball parts alliance. Where they wouldn't duplicate efforts.
The absolute nerve of him offering advice after having failed himself.

Wayne had the licence for bally and tried to make crocodile hunter. For those who don't know.
He also showed tables full of mech as prioof. Whilst, to my knowledge, he didn't take money, he was very hot on issuing cease and desist for those making repro parts. The USA set up nappa, North American pinball parts alliance. Where they wouldn't duplicate efforts.
MMrm was the same Phil as I am sure you will remember. Tables of parts.

A friend in Australia got his deposit back after six years of bulls hitting.

He once threaten a C&D to me for selling eproms on ebay. Until I pointed out on the listing saying 'Charge is for the blank chips - I programme them free of charge'.

MMrm was the same Phil as I am sure you will remember. Tables of parts.

A friend in Australia got his deposit back after six years of bulls hitting.

He once threaten a C&D to me for selling eproms on ebay. Until I pointed out on the listing saying 'Charge is for the blank chips - I programme them free of charge'.
Episode 2 does seem to be Wayne wanting to buy the full assets from the liquidator and being frustrated he can't ..

Croc Hunter wasn't mentioned either was it...

Some of us have been here to long enough to remember and had deposits with the first round of mm, cc remakes... I guess they bank on most people not knowing the old history.. If i remember correctly it was Phil as PH that offered me store credit after the CC first run never happened, not a direct refund.. And that tells you everything you need to know on who is trustworthy here long term..

How much were the Aussie versions of MM meant to be? 4k?

One thing Wayne did demonstrate was that there was sufficient demand for remakes. If my memory serves me right wasn’t MMr then meant to be limited to just 1000 units and then it instantly sold out. Guess they must have now made 3000+ and still there’s unsatisfied demand.

Haggis are unlikely to be the last manufacturer to go down. American pinball must be hanging on by a thread. Pinball brothers surely must be taking a bath on ABBA sales? JJP seem to be intent on pricing themselves out of the market.

God were they really that much 😱

I remember the fanfare about it and then the plan to release crocodile hunter.

Wasn’t this around the time when Stern had been reduced to scrapping the barrel with 24 and CSI.

God were they really that much 😱

I remember the fanfare about it and then the plan to release crocodile hunter.

Wasn’t this around the time when Stern had been reduced to scrapping the barrel with 24 and CSI.
2004 ish if memory serves so elvis, ripleys

In context to still could get wpc pins off eBay £300-400 no bids

For me Elvis and Ripley’s are almost polar opposites in terms of toys/interest. Ripley’s would be at the Premium/LE end of the spectrum and Elvis would barely scrape by as a pro.
Very different times from today’s market.
I didn’t really start looking for games until 2006 as I didn’t have space before then. £500 would easily get you a decent game and I still thought that was an insane price to pay 🤣

For me Elvis and Ripley’s are almost polar opposites in terms of toys/interest. Ripley’s would be at the Premium/LE end of the spectrum and Elvis would barely scrape by as a pro.
Very different times from today’s market.
I didn’t really start looking for games until 2006 as I didn’t have space before then. £500 would easily get you a decent game and I still thought that was an insane price to pay 🤣
£200 for a getaway off eBay once to around that time, no bids.. lol

As a video editor my issue with the Cary Hardy videos is that with all the **** filters, black and white, suspenseful music etc is that these videos have been made for entertainment purposes. They are not being put out to help people. They are going out like docs. Doesn't sit right with me. This isn't entertainment, people have lost thousands.

As a video editor my issue with the Cary Hardy videos is that with all the **** filters, black and white, suspenseful music etc is that these videos have been made for entertainment purposes. They are not being put out to help people. They are going out like docs. Doesn't sit right with me. This isn't entertainment, people have lost thousands.
He is covering his back side for legal reasons - or he does not know anymore.

People who have ordered these in the UK wont be out of pocket - Phil Palmer will be.

Cary's video are click bait - you all sat thru them even after being told there was no real info.

Know a lot more people who lost funds from Heighway Pinball than Haggis pinball. But that is another story I wont go into.

@myPinballs is completely on the money with his comment. Not many people here remember the Wayne scandal......

Anyway - MM was $5000 when the pound was a lot healthier. Worked out about £3000.

I can not remember Wayne saying he could not make a MM for the price he quoted. I can remember Gene Cunningham saying he lost money on every BBBrm he sold.

Around the time of the MMrm being announced - I paid £2000 for one (used) - which went on to be owned by Mark Squires and then Dave Bishop - and he still has it.

He is covering his back side for legal reasons - or he does not know anymore.

People who have ordered these in the UK wont be out of pocket - Phil Palmer will be.

Cary's video are click bait - you all sat thru them even after being told there was no real info.

Know a lot more people who lost funds from Heighway Pinball than Haggis pinball. But that is another story I wont go into.

@myPinballs is completely on the money with his comment. Not many people here remember the Wayne scandal......

Anyway - MM was $5000 when the pound was a lot healthier. Worked out about £3000.

I can not remember Wayne saying he could not make a MM for the price he quoted. I can remember Gene Cunningham saying he lost money on every BBBrm he sold.

Around the time of the MMrm being announced - I paid £2000 for one (used) - which went on to be owned by Mark Squires and then Dave Bishop - and he still has it.
Scary isn't it how easily history is forgotten and rewritten.. Welcome to the internet, everything is recorded forever, yeah right...

So what’s the story with that machine he’s selling,I wonder how he came about it,and knows it was part of a pinball heaven shipment

Back
Top Bottom