What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis….. that’s all folks……

I always thought when Cary did the unveiling of Centaur
he filmed the unboxing. Why wouldn't you if you had the chance to create a video for your channel? A bit far to say he did anything to promote Haggis any more than any other brand.
His shameful promotion of products is less of a grey area and I'm sure if he was being sponsored by Haggis it would have looked more like one of those.

As for being broke and not suing. Plenty of no win no fee deals.

Good old Cary.
Click bait.
Pay for it on Patreon first.....

Sometimes I think the kid tries too hard.

His last video only got 5.2K views.....

Also - people who are probably a bit skint at the moment (Damien) can not afford to sue someone in a different country.
I dunno about that, from all the info on pinside, only haggis ltd ran out of money, Damien personally is doing very well!

I dunno about that, from all the info on pinside, only haggis ltd ran out of money, Damien personally is doing very well!
Well - the other thing is, Cary could always put a disclaimer warning on his video, or if he tells the truth from people who do not mind being named.

Liable cases are only lost by people who do not tell the truth.

Not many people now give a stuff about Wayne in Australia (MM), Deeproot, Heighway Pinball (Aliens/Full Throttle), Zidware (Magic Girl).... it is old news.

The talk of legal action is mentioned so much in this industry. Remember the GnR playfield thing with JJP when purchaers were talking about a joint lawsuit against JJP????

I feel sorry for people like Phil Palmer, Zack Menney and the other distributors who now have to loose money out of their own pockets that they have already given to Haggis.

The case against Jpop was dismissed.

From someone who knows quite a bit about wood (oh err missis).

Ply should be the strongest wood out as it is laminated. The fibres should be crossing from layer to layer.

But as mentioned - wood does not get seasoned before it gets used now. Bang on correct. Wood is a living thing - no 2 pieces are the same.

Wood is also grown very fast now using trees that shoot up in a few years rather than decades. It makes wood sustainable.

I have mahoganny and maple I purchased over 30 years ago in my wood store to make guitars out of. This will be better than the wood I would get today.

Super hoop doesnt have playfield issues.........

This is exactly it, if you want to make quality wood products and are a new company go speak to instrument manufacturers, they know how to deal with wood to stop warping, splitting and have excellent knowledge. My dad spent his whole life making musical instruments, so i've seen a fair amount of wood processing in my time! Using ply shouldn't be that hard to stop it from going out of true as its cross laminated as you say so its much easier to work with than regular wood.

The problem is 'crapification' ... which is what we have now on every product made. Things have to be made cheaper and cheaper, faster and faster... you just end up with ****E... All the skills for craftsmanship on products and knowledge is lost when you want to make things in the fastest and cheapest time possible. Go to Wickes and look at the timber there. I bet you can't find a straight piece of 2"x1" in the place... lol

So for everyone, don't expect your stern game to get any better build wise anytime soon, or your playfield to be nice and flat in a years time...

And as for CH, we'll thats twice now he backed the wrong one.. lol

Can't remember which manufacturer it was but they talked about this in length and about the recipe for playfield wood. Standard A grade Birch ply is no knots or defects or voids. The standard ply is crappy wood in the middle with a thin veneer over the top, this doesn't work for playfields as a thick outer veneer is need to allow for sanding.
As such, no one could supply and they had to get is specially made.

There is a uk company now making ply - its two blokes in a small warehouse. I bought some for a jukebox repair and it was good.

Sound leisure make their own. They have a massive press. The bubblers you see are all custom made and pressed for over a day.

Quickly grown wood is the issue and the amount people want to pay!

This is the summary of the liquidator document of who lost out - which is terrible - feel for the 3 distributors as well as all the people that paid deposits and paid in full

Hartsco is a second business owned by Damien of Haggis.

Attachments

• Pinside_forum_8284669_0.png
    Pinside_forum_8284669_0.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 98
I do not know if I would be taking advice from his other business....

This is the summary of the liquidator document of who lost out - which is terrible - feel for the 3 distributors as well as all the people that paid deposits and paid in full

Hartsco is a second business owned by Damien of Haggis.
Terrible for all owed money.

Individuals works out 54 machines

Terrible for all owed money.

Individuals works out 54 machines
Yeah - spare a thought for a certain company in the UK that sells jukeboxes/pinballs etc that went under owing more money than Damien and then started up a couple of days after... not for the first time.....

Yeah - spare a thought for a certain company in the UK that sells jukeboxes/pinballs etc that went under owing more money than Damien and then started up a couple of days after... not for the first time.....
That's terrible

It is actually worse - customer wise - approx 87 individuals and 3 distributors - with a few customers in on multiple machines that was more than the UK distributor - Nitro Pinball suffered the worst loss closely followed by Flip n Out Pinball suffered the worst loss.

It is actually worse - customer wise - approx 87 individuals and 3 distributors - with a few customers in on multiple machines that was more than the UK distributor - Nitro Pinball suffered the worst loss closely followed by Flip n Out Pinball suffered the worst loss.
💩😭

This happens all the time. There is even a name for it. Pre-pack administration. The original owner agrees in advance to buy the assets of the company from the administrator and then put the company into administration. This means that they leave the debt behind but get to keep anything of value. Administrators typically advertise their services for doing this in uk "from £1,499". Given the emptying of the Haggis factory the day before it wouldn't surprise me if Damian had done exactly this.

Have I missed it?

Where is the Cary Hardy video on Haggis after his trailer?

Shared from pinside.

Does seem a shame haggis didn’t realise 2 different materials could expand at different rates if exposed to varying temperatures, hence playfield bulge/warp issues

wow,just watched that video,that's one hell of a bubble in that playfield the guy pushes up and down.my wife walked by whilst I was watching it and said the guy being interviewed looked like Jerry springer:p

Interesting that the guy himself and another of his companies make up over 40% of the debtors amount outstanding.

How do these insolvency things work, does each debtor get a percentage of anything clawed back based on the outstanding amounts or are certain ones (Businesses over public) paid back first?

Interesting that the guy himself and another of his companies make up over 40% of the debtors amount outstanding.

How do these insolvency things work, does each debtor get a percentage of anything clawed back based on the outstanding amounts or are certain ones (Businesses over public) paid back first?
Usually secured debtors first eg those who have lent money secured on a specific company asset. Then preferential debtors including employees wages and taxman. Then everyone else gets a proportionate share of what's left.

Usually secured debtors first eg those who have lent money secured on a specific company asset. Then preferential debtors including employees wages and taxman. Then everyone else gets a proportionate share of what's left.
Not anymore that was changed many years ago
Secured assets lenders get chance to get the assets back
Everyone else including hmrc get an equal share of any remaining assets / money after sale and liquidation costs

Not anymore that was changed many years ago
Secured assets lenders get chance to get the assets back
Everyone else including hmrc get an equal share of any remaining assets / money after sale and liquidation costs
Thanks. Didn't know it had changed.

Back
Top Bottom