What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

European Pinball Championships 2024 - Poland

Update for day 1:

Tremendous day for Will: main (1 or 2 byes), and 1 bye in classics

Ryan also played outstandingly qualifying with 1 bye in main and qualified for classics

Dpock also qualified in both - beating the 2022 European Champion Arvid Flygare in his H2H qualifying match. Someone get his BBC interview ready!

Josh topped his group with an immense 14 wins out of 16 for a double bye in main

I did enough to qualify in both, sneaking into classics playoffs after a terrible start but 4 straight wins to finish

Craig is in a playoff for main qualification

Jeremy is in a playoff for main and classics

Peter has qualified in main

Team tournament starts shortly:

Featuring Craig, Josh, Jeremy and myself
Cheers for the info mate, keep it coming. A great day

UK beat Norway 2-1

Josh with a walkoff on GZ - 90M enough vs Reidar Spets. 1-0

Frank Nilsen put up over 100M+ on a really tough addams vs Craig. 1-1.

Gm 3 was split flipper on a super tilty Creech (JD and me) where a flip could cause a tilt. A ball search caused a double danger on uk ball 1, which caused an eventual tilt.

Uk had 27M with one ball to go but this was just enough as the Norwegians drained on 26M.

Close one but UK move on to last 8!

Last edited:
Out in semis - 2-1 loss to Finland.

Markus Virtanen beat Craig on Creech,
Josh beat Topi Ahonen on LotR
JD and I lost the decider on Deadpool.

Finland are a strong team and deserved the win

UK 2-0 over Romania!

Josh puts up 25M on Avengers (DMD) on ball 1, 1-0.
I put up 250M on Game of Thrones (had to light both lock targets separately on this version) 2-0

On to the semis!
i don't think i know any of you lot except for Craig and Peter B.
So who has qualified for what?

Nope - all on a mysterious massive excel :(
We are around 3 hrs behind schedule...

Real shame no stream and information near non existent. EPCs are usually more organised than this (to be kind) - they are trying their best though.

In main comp tiebreak news, I secured a bye on Labyrinth and Craig did as well on JP.

In Classics sadly I think we all did not progress very far. I got to the last 64 then lost 3-2.

Nope - all on a mysterious massive excel :(
We are around 3 hrs behind schedule...

Real shame no stream and information near non existent. EPCs are usually more organised than this (to be kind) - they are trying their best though.

In main comp tiebreak news, I secured a bye on Labyrinth and Craig did as well on JP.

In Classics sadly I think we all did not progress very far. I got to the last 64 then lost 3-2.
That is pretty disappointing! Was hoping to have something to check in on through the evening. Oh well

Surprised there is no streaming at an EPC event. Was hoping to look at some of the competition before the UK Open next week 😉

It's an absolute farce tbh Andy. It's like the 'fyre festival' pinball equivalent in terms of organisation.

That said we've had some nice representation. Dpock and Ryan Pullen with nice runs to the last 64 and Yuen, Will and Josh still going in the last 32.

Will and Josh will play each other in the morning for final 16 spot.

I was told that they hoped JDL would do the stream, but they have been streaming events for the past few weekends and needed a break (quite understandable!). There was apparently no one else they could ask? I agree, it's disappointing, plus not having Matchplay to follow the finals.

If they did it with Google Sheets, then we could all follow along when it gets updated.
Thanks for all the updates on here though!

Back
Top Bottom