What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WH2O won't start a game

AlanJ

Site Supporter
5Years
On freeplay, all balls in trough and 3 trough switches closed, removed balls, all 3 open then close as expected when re-add balls,

Start button works, all other switch tests work as expected - optos and regular switches.

Stumped??

Run another wire from the start button to the mpu and test. I'm sure I had this issue on T2.

On freeplay, all balls in trough and 3 trough switches closed, removed balls, all 3 open then close as expected when re-add balls,

Start button works, all other switch tests work as expected - optos and regular switches.

Stumped??

Check the optos on the bigfoot head mech and in test. go in to settings and disable bigfoot temporarily. If bigfoot is broken it wont start a game....

wonderful coding not!!

Check the optos on the bigfoot head mech and in test. go in to settings and disable bigfoot temporarily. If bigfoot is broken it wont start a game....

wonderful coding not!!
Yes, it's that blooming bigfoot. Optos seem to test out fine in switch test, even took the opto board off the motor and tested them, but bigfoot is acting strange he keeps turning his head, leading me to believe he's not registering the optos properly.

wonderful coding not!!
Yep ,
I remember this from the same issue on a previous repair.

Yes, it's that blooming bigfoot. Optos seem to test out fine in switch test, even took the opto board off the motor and tested them, but bigfoot is acting strange he keeps turning his head, leading me to believe he's not registering the optos properly.
Yep, took me an age to work this out once at a remote site repair..

Yep, Motor controller board trace eaten away by leaky cap, cleaned up, replaced cap, jumpered the broken trace. Working fine now.
Saved you a week of banging your head on the table lol

It’s mental that if the Bigfoot head cannot be initialised correctly it’s a no game start scenario. I’m pretty sure no operator ever gave a **** whether Bigfoot could turn his head or not 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah - WPC games from the 90s now need re-caps everywhere to make them bomb proof again (well as much as a pinball can be made to be bomb proof!).

I do not go mad changing the big caps on the power driver board as I am not sure if I have ever had one leak. But the two or three other ones get them changed. As well as one on CPU board and other boards.

Back
Top Bottom