What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hobbit lands tomorrow :-)

What code is it running?
Has it got the latest mods on it
I.e. Beast mech infills and Mylar at the back of them?
Did it fire straight up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines arrived
It's pretty spectacular
Fired up straight out of the box
Assembled on my own
No tricker than a TZ or IJ
thanks Phil for all you efforts

Cheers

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine landed too. What a gorgeous looking machine. Incredible light show. Only managed one game so far due to other commitments but looking forward to getting some tie on it over the break.

Thanks to Micheal for the opportunity to get the machine and for Phil @ PH for fulfilment.

Also got mine, now setup.

But no sound from subwoofer! :(

Found the RCA was disconnected plugged it in and still now sound.

Sadly ran out of time as had to go to work, I'll have a tinker later on tonight.

I'm sure it's just something that worked itself loose in transit. Hope you enjoy your new toy!

Yes it's pretty awesome
I'm getting the background interference through the speakers
Not very noticeable when playing but annoying when just left in attract mode
The guys on pinside are saying it started on the last update
I'm guessing there will be a fix in the next one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a more depressing note my son has all the high scores on it
He got a million and a half on the second go!
I've not got past 600k yet - most probably because I cannot get on the thing.
I was worried that the long wait had made my expectations to high, happy to say I'm blow away with it
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Yes it's pretty awesome
I'm getting the background interference through the speakers
Not very noticeable when playing but annoying when just left in attract mode
The guys on pinside are saying it started on the last update
I'm guessing there will be a fix in the next one

I've noticed this on my WOZ. Not sure it's code from what I have read. More to do with where the cables are lying. Rerouting them is a possible fix.

Thanks I will check out the wires tomorrow

Hobbit subwoofer issue now fixed. :clap:

As I said I found the subwoofer disconnected so plugged it back in no joy.

So last night I opened the metal box to check the connections inside, and to my surprise the top phono was marked video! So I opened my WOZ and found the same thing so JJP are too lazy to simply take the video label off the subwoofer phono lead inside the box no problem at least I knew that it was in the right port.

Next I noticed the front head phone board had no lights on it so I traced the wire from it back to find it disconnected. In this case it’s an RJ45 so no way that worked its way loose in transit must never have been plugged in.

It plugs into the front right of the metal box so in fact no need opening the box up.

Any way all working now.

Only played a few games but WOW what a game.
I've set mine to about 6.8 degrees so its fairly fast, the sound now is the best experience from any pinball makes the immersion unbelievable!
Gameplay is also unbelievable so much to do with so many options, a nice wide open playfield which when the 'trolls' start popping up changes the entire flow and size-feel of the playfield! Its like two machines in one.
The quality of the video and information on what to do and what is available is also out of the world.

Just mental!

Mine has the annoying crackling sound interference too. Seems to be different to the sound issue I had on WOZ, but think that was more of a buzzing than a crackle.

Mine has the annoying crackling sound interference too. Seems to be different to the sound issue I had on WOZ, but think that was more of a buzzing than a crackle.

I've not yet played it enough to notice, about 8 games thus far, this weekend I'll give it a good crack and keep an ear out.

It's only noticeable in attract mode, but you'd notice it as it does when it's booting up.

Have to say, despite reports of it being slow, it's far from that. It's so fast the balls are flying off the ramps,may have to turn down the flipper strength. Got mine set up fairly steep, no floatiness here like you get at shows!

Very pleased so far, the code is good, much better than last time I played it. Sounds are awesome, could do with more Smaug though ,hopefully that will come. Display looks amazing, when you get chance to actually look at it.

Hobbit owners can you backhand ramps from both flippers?

What pitch is your game at?

Yes can backhand both ramps, mine's set at 6.5. I am tempted to make it steeper though, finding it quite easy to get to Into The Fire, although haven't made it to the second wizard mode yet.

Back
Top Bottom