What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The great Software debate.

Affinity Photo 2 from Serif does the job, well much better a job than I can, there is a huge community who share how to do the things I need to do.
Just noticed this is currently on offer - 50% off... https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

No subscription and 50% OFF​

Purchase either the Windows or macOS version for a one-off payment of £33.99 or get the entire suite on all platforms for only £79.99 with the Universal Licence. You can also buy the iPad version on its own for £8.99.

No monthly costs whatever you decide.

You take that dig at Apple but ask any Mac user and they usually have a 10 year old machine that is still patched for security issues and works, just not cutting edge.

Mobiles are trying to be cutting edge so will depreciate when the next tech comes out. But the iPhone 8 is still a very well supported device and is 7 years old. The batteries are easy to replace and they keep going.
Yeah - my imac is 2017. Still processes fine. Best for audio editing etc.
Tried the same software (cubase) on brand new PCs and they dont perform as well.
But Macs are rubbish with games (which does not bother me in the slightest).
I think my macbook pro is 2019 and that runs the band stuff (playback for keyboard/samples - videos to output to stage screens and multitrack recording).

Only thing is now with the new apple silicon - when I upgrade to that - I will need to rebuy some more software! :(

Back
Top Bottom