What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Getaway, missing standard star post and hole that goes through playfield

zxspectrum16k

Site Supporter
I could use some advice, guys, just to fix up a 'The Getaway'. I spotted a hole in the playing field near the top left pop bumpers. I think a standard starpost should be connected there using a wood screw.

I have a few questions:
- What size screw should I use? I have spare starposts.
- The current hole goes all the way through the playfield. I don't think this is correct. When I try to screw it in, it may not attach properly. I've read some solutions online. Which solution is recommended, considering this post will be hit frequently?
- One suggestion is to fill the hole with toothpicks and wood glue, then screw the post in. Do you have any recommendations for the type of glue to use?
- Another suggestion is to use a nut and bolt instead of a screw. What size of nut and bolt should I use?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-24 202842.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-24 202842.webp
    104 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2024-09-24 202455.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-24 202455.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7076.webp
    IMG_7076.webp
    86 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7078.webp
    IMG_7078.webp
    151.6 KB · Views: 39
I'm pretty sure it should be a through the playfield hole with either a T- nut or locking nut on the underside. This is because a normal woodscrew gets pulled out due to the amount of hits this post receives during play. The original post probably broke and the operator fix is to remove the remaining bolt leave the post out, which stops it from happening again.

From the pic of your new playfield it looks like original fitment was a screw as there is no through hole for a bolt and t nut. But it will be much better to have a bolt and t nut. I have made this type of modification many times for posts that get high impact. You just need to make sure nothing gets in the way if the t nut but @Ashbo pic shows there is room and it looks like his has already had the modification.

You may need to drill the hole through the playfield. Small pilot hole first and then halfway in on each side with the correct size drill bit.

Back
Top Bottom