What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Tecnoplay Space Team Restoration - Final(?) Update

I had a few games at pinfest. I spotted it and it jogged my memory about this post.
Really nice machine. I was telling my wife about all the work you've done. Glad I spotted it and had the chance to play it. Well done. 👍

Front of cabinet after applying newly printed graphics and refitting cleaned up hardware (apologies for the reflections from the high gloss black finish):
View attachment 249515

How are the Start and Credit buttons on the left supposed to work?

On mine "credit" starts the game and "start" does nothing

You even have more buttons on the coin door, are those something you added for coining?

How are the Start and Credit buttons on the left supposed to work?

On mine "credit" starts the game and "start" does nothing

You even have more buttons on the coin door, are those something you added for coining?
You use the Credit button to set up a multiplayer game, although the display doesn't show very well how many players you have added. The Start button starts a single player game. I haven't been able to find out what the two buttons on the coin door are for, although I can confirm they are wired up. My guess is that they are used on the "Bingo" version of the game as mine originally had instructions on the right of the apron in Italian for the Bingo version even though it doesn't have the Bingo backglass or the extra board - but it does have a connector for it in the backbox.

There are a number of things like the multiplayer setup that don't seem to be well thought out in the firmware and if I get time I plan to try and decompile it and see if I can make any worthwhile changes.

Mine works like a regular pin, if you imagine the Credit button is the Start button (i.e. you press it 3 times to start a 3 player game)

I have no idea about the bingo version, I am going to have a look what info is out there (probably not much - like for everything technoplay 🤣)

Mine works like a regular pin, if you imagine the Credit button is the Start button (i.e. you press it 3 times to start a 3 player game)

I have no idea about the bingo version, I am going to have a look what info is out there (probably not much - like for everything technoplay 🤣)
Sounds like you might have some later/better ROMs in yours as that makes more sense. How are your switches wired? The switch matrix for mine is in the schematics that are attached. The Credit button is #9 and the Start button is #11 in the switch test. Let me know if you find anything more as I have trawled the web fairly extensively and also contacted Tecnoplay but they have nothing!

Attachments

Update on the credit button situation. So on mine, the start button has been deliberately shorted on, which does in fact make the Credit button behave like a normal start button.

BTW do you know what the bulbs are called that would be under the small pink domes on the Space Journey bowl? I have no idea what they are to order some (if they even exist)

1724768018588.webp

Update on the credit button situation. So on mine, the start button has been deliberately shorted on, which does in fact make the Credit button behave like a normal start button.

BTW do you know what the bulbs are called that would be under the small pink domes on the Space Journey bowl? I have no idea what they are to order some (if they even exist)
Interesting regarding the Start button, I'll have to try that on mine.

The bulbs round the bowl are 6V wire ended ones with small plastic bases. Several of the red plastic domes were missing on mine and unobtainable so I replaced all of them with Arcotronic T0063AOFAA lampholders which fit in the same holes and take more readily available midget flange lamps so I never had to look for a source of the wire ended bulbs. However I think some of the bulbs in my old lampholders will still be working so I would be happy to send you some of those if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom