What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talking Pinball on BBC

Brilliant 😍
Thrilled that this came out as well as it did. We filmed for about an hour playing games and answering questions so lots of shoutouts and information on the cutting room floor but I think they captured the fun of the hobby and good exposure for pinball and Pinfest :)

Alot of what was said in the studio and in voiceover were things I had said too (though i made it very clear the public have to pay an entry fee at Pinfest which they appear to have glossed over!)

I'm on BBC radio Northampton tomorrow morning at 7.20 then BBC Essex at 7.35 then my totally unexpected pinball PR journey comes to an end 😂 thanks for tuning in and I hope everyone enjoyed the story about the tortoise on the railway tracks just before me.

Resurrecting this thread with a quick update that BBC Radio Suffolk have invited me in to the studio tomorrow morning (I think 9.30ish) to do a round-up on Pinfest and how the east got on (so I'm very glad I have a few positives to share there including the ladies #1 and #2!) If you're in the right part of the country to listen please do tune in :) wonder if I'll get some more Addams Family quotes...

Resurrecting this thread with a quick update that BBC Radio Suffolk have invited me in to the studio tomorrow morning (I think 9.30ish) to do a round-up on Pinfest and how the east got on (so I'm very glad I have a few positives to share there including the ladies #1 and #2!) If you're in the right part of the country to listen please do tune in :) wonder if I'll get some more Addams Family quotes...

No doubt you'll smash it mate. Best of luck.

BBC Look East news package, from the archives:

CREDIT: (c. PINBALL NEWS)
(c.) FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH

Pinball is one of the most competitive hobbies you probably don’t know about. It’s becoming more and more popular in our region and this weekend UK PINFEST .. the national competition .. will take place in Northamptonshire. Laura Foster has been to meet one of those taking part .. an East Anglian champion from Ipswich. Her report contains flashing lights:

======SHOTLIST======
MUSIC SEQ: VARS Nathan playing Pinball machine (THROUGHOUT);
VARS Avengers Pinball machine in action, ball moving;
INTV Nathan GARWOOD, Pinball player;
FAMILY STILLS (c. Family photograph); various ages: Nathan with pinball machines;
CS electronic scoreboard with Grand Champion Nathan's score;
INTV Allen GARWOOD, Nathan's dad;
CLIP (c. Pinball news); VARS players on pinball machines during contest END CLIP;
VARS Laura FOSTER playing pinball;
CS electronic scoreboard with John, Derek and Laura's scores...

BBC Look East news package, from the archives:

CREDIT: (c. PINBALL NEWS)
(c.) FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH

Pinball is one of the most competitive hobbies you probably don’t know about. It’s becoming more and more popular in our region and this weekend UK PINFEST .. the national competition .. will take place in Northamptonshire. Laura Foster has been to meet one of those taking part .. an East Anglian champion from Ipswich. Her report contains flashing lights:

======SHOTLIST======
MUSIC SEQ: VARS Nathan playing Pinball machine (THROUGHOUT);
VARS Avengers Pinball machine in action, ball moving;
INTV Nathan GARWOOD, Pinball player;
FAMILY STILLS (c. Family photograph); various ages: Nathan with pinball machines;
CS electronic scoreboard with Grand Champion Nathan's score;
INTV Allen GARWOOD, Nathan's dad;
CLIP (c. Pinball news); VARS players on pinball machines during contest END CLIP;
VARS Laura FOSTER playing pinball;
CS electronic scoreboard with John, Derek and Laura's scores...

Doesn't mention my high score on the electronic scoreboard *smh*

Back
Top Bottom