What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Theme Survey

Marvello

Site Supporter
5Years
Just had a survey email from Stern about potential themes. Thought it was strange a lot of the selectable themes were ones that have already been made, recently too like The Godfather.

No harm in asking the public what themes they are interested in, surprised they haven't done it sooner. JJP should have done it a long time ago, would have prevented Toy Story 4.

*For the record The Simpsons was my top choice, along with Beavis & Butthead, Futurama and American Dad.

Screenshot_20241012-202802_kindlephoto-363403097.webp

If the themes are awful there's no temptation, been spamming it with Taylor Swift and Barbie all evening.

But would love some sort of Hip hop, Dr Dre/Eminem or Death Row theme

If the themes are awful there's no temptation, been spamming it with Taylor Swift and Barbie all evening.

But would love some sort of Hip hop, Dr Dre/Eminem or Death Row theme
I'd rather people would spend their efforts on directing these companies to themes we want/love.

I'd rather people would spend their efforts on directing these companies to themes we want/love.
Don't worry I was just kidding, if the next big release is Barbie its got nothing to do with me 😁
Really do think some sort of hip hop theme would work personally, the storytelling in the songs would pair well with progression through the gameplay.
Not sure there's enough crossover between the pinball and rap fan community though.

Some interesting choices

Goonies
Studi Ghibli
He-Man
King Kong

Taylor Swift I could really get behind would be a good for hobby to draw new people in

Reactions: Tex
It's changing with each passing year but I'd wager that middle aged or older, white males are still their core demographic/buyers. Some of these proposed themes just won't resonate with enough buyers.

I'd wager that in America the tide has changed now.

In the UK not so much, but at least it gives us youngsters a chance to clean up when some of you old folk slip off the mortal step 🤣

Wayne’s World as the dream theme but lots I’d like to see on the list of themes they suggested.

It’s curious that most of the rumoured themes from other manufacturers are on the list - BTTF, Matrix, Gremlins etc - perhaps Stern are trying to get a feel for how much market share those titles may take.

With Stern putting out several licensed games a year, and the other manufacturers putting out several further between them, I have wondered what licenses will be left in 5-10 years time. It’ll be interesting to see if some less mainstream themes do end up being released down the line or if we just see rehashes of popular themes instead.

An we vote? Or propose ideas? Link please

It was both - free text to suggest a dream theme and then a list of licensed and unlicensed titles / ideas to vote on. Got it in an email from Stern but when I click the link again it says I’ve already submitted my answers so think it’s linked to email?

God, there’s some absolute clunkers in there.

College. Who the hell would care enough about that?

Friends? Even 20 years ago that would have flopped as a theme.

Why is Iron Maiden in there? There can’t realistically be enough demand for another recent theme.

Interesting that they seem to be ignoring the newer Pixar stuff. In the 90s lots of the released were tied to up coming films. This link seems well and truly broken.

My wallet is feeling very safe this morning.

Reactions: JT.
I voted for Nirvana, Pink Floyd, and Beavis & Butthead (of course)
Peru & Bolivia 2024 (best) (22).webp

There was one screen where i wanted nothing but had to tick somewhere or i couldn't submit the form (i went for generic 'Space There').
It's probably time for another remake of Spiderman as well, plus Creech 2 of course. Gill-Man rocks :clap:🤘

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom