What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Stern spike 2 pre-loaded SD cards (code updates for any game)

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
Been asked by a couple people to help with this so thought I might offer it as a service - any interest?

£20 gets you a new 16GB class 10 SD card in the post pre-loaded with the latest code for any Stern LCD game. Includes UK shipping.

This could be custom code (e.g. JP movie code, Elvira swinging titties, etc.), assuming I can get hold of it (will try my best). Will add a £5 donation to the author as these custom packages take a ton of time to produce.

Can also do a card which reprograms the factory configuration e.g. to change the serial number or line frequency.

To install, with the game powered off just remove the backglass and swap out the existing SD card in the top right of the CPU board. The hardest bit is putting the backglass back in :D

PM me to discuss. Thanks !

FAQ

Will Insider Connect still work?

Yes but if you connect your game to the internet make sure you disable auto updates!!
>>>
Settings Menu > NET > Software Update > Set to "No Auto Download"
You do not want the game to update and overwrite the custom code.

Will I lose my high scores?

It depends what game version you're currently running, and which game version is on the card you receive. Stern sometimes invalidate high scores between code updates, for example when they've rebalanced scoring.

Can you get me custom code for <insert game> ?

Maybe - search Pinside and see if you find something you like. Send me a link and I will reach out to whoever does it and do my best to get a download. Some codes I already have a copy of include:

Last edited:
Couple cards going to Ireland today - what you see is what you get, including the terrible handwriting! 😅

Updated OP with answers to some questions I've been getting.

PXL_20240704_154948747~2.jpg

@Fubar not sure how difficult it is to do, but you can have two codes on 1 SD card that start up alternatively to save swapping cards out. Game settings, scores, insider etc.. all work fine too.
A guy on pinside sent me his file for TMNT PRO which alternated between the 1987 code and the April code. It was excellent.

Can pass on his pinside info if you wanted to reach out to him ?

@Fubar not sure how difficult it is to do, but you can have two codes on 1 SD card that start up alternatively to save swapping cards out. Game settings, scores, insider etc.. all work fine too.
A guy on pinside sent me his file for TMNT PRO which alternated between the 1987 code and the April code. It was excellent.

Can pass on his pinside info if you wanted to reach out to him ?
How does that work, does it alternate on every boot cycle? If so that's not terribly hard.

Definitely interested in speaking to the guy please, especially since I'm getting a TMNT later this year 😁

(I did something similar on my IMDN long ago, hooked into the useless tournament button on the front to cause a switch between stock and disco versions. The guy who bought it still uses that! As a bonus if you pressed that tournament button during a game it would start a random wizard mode (and set your score to zero). All a bit fiddly to implement and wouldn't work with latest code as Stern have removed the functionality I depended on...)

I would be interested in the original music with new animation version and got to say I really like (heresy) Neil’s disco version that Clive and Diane now own, if you have that version. For the premium btw.

I would be interested in the original music with new animation version and got to say I really like (heresy) Neil’s disco version that Clive and Diane now own, if you have that version. For the premium btw.
This is turning into an IMDN custom package thread 😂 Don't think it would be straightforward to combine these two together but could maybe do one of each?

This is turning into an IMDN custom package thread 😂 Don't think it would be straightforward to combine these two together but could maybe do one of each?
That's because iron maiden a great game with terrible music 🤣🤭
Any one who can get rid of it is in great demand

I wonder if you could get rid of rush:s music, the games not bad. Perhaps change the concert videos to teletubbies dancing around handbags and the vacuum popping out

Would be a good candidate for a proper retheme by Stern, although I suppose it is already a retheme of Archer?
Yeh, the theme, call outs and stuff are pretty cool, if they could realise a version without maiden that you could put your own music on, now that would be cool.

I had an IMDN the layout is very innovative but I thought it was too tough. Those ramps are tight and the shots from the upper left flipper are ridiculously hard to hit, especially since the playfield multiplier depends on them.

Anyway I'm not going to be crafting custom packages here, just offering a pre-programmed card service, sorry.

Neil has reached out with the disco version for me thanks. Would still be interested in the new animation with original mmusic though

Back
Top Bottom