What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern SAM- all high scores gone except GC???

SteadyP

Registered
Hi all, any ideas how my high scores have disappeared/ been reset- apart from my GC score which is still there? I’ve not been playing with the menu options btw. Seems to have happened by itself

There’s a setting in the menu that resets high scores after a certain number of games, sometimes default at 2000. You can turn it off. Not at a machine right now but I think it’s called HSTD reset

I looked into Automatic High Score Reset while I owned an F-14, where the default setting was 3,000 plays. I found that it couldn't take effect while the machine was in use, only when it booted up with the counter run down to zero. For those early System 11 games, the adjustment was in increments of 1,000, later on this went to 250. Once the Wpc board-set came in, since it had a real time clock I used to suggest (when attending tech seminars from Williams) having a timer option for reset, e.g. each Friday at mid-day, to encourage play over the weekend.

Last edited:
Hi all, any ideas how my high scores have disappeared/ been reset- apart from my GC score which is still there? I’ve not been playing with the menu options btw. Seems to have happened by itself

Silly question, have you replaced your battery in the last few years?
Some people seem to forget on games with coin cell batteries.

On SAM games they will store the high scores for days after the battery has run out and just turning the machine on once a week can be enough to keep the capacitor charged enough for you to not know the battery is dead

Yeah new coin cell every year just in case- I believe its the setting in the menu @Jib mentioned - I was confused when my 11 year old said she was on the leaderboard 😂

From pinside thread regarding batteries in stern sam games
I change all working batteries with the power on! Usually run down batteries have leaked everywhere and you need to stick in a remote box.

Now as a rule I stick in a CR2032 cell in most games that come thru the workshop and recommend changing them every christmas. Put a reminder on your christmas card list.

Back
Top Bottom