What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STERN PINBALL CELEBRATES 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF GODZILLA WITH DEBUT AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2024

The more I look at it, the more I just don't like it, especially the playfield in B&W. Worked on Elvira (which looks stunning) but not for me on this one

Yes, how many people are there out who want a Godzilla and don’t own one already?
I’ll put my hand up here. Reason: too expensive, even second hand and in the current market. Maybe this will tease a more affordable Premium out the woodwork.

Like the cabinet, not more or less than the other one, but it’s still good in its own way.

Dislike the B&W playfield. Looks rubbish and it would drive me crazy knowing I’d spent hard-earned money on it.

It’s Stern doing a Stern. Just like they probably will with TRON & Metallica, nothing is sacred.

I’ll put my hand up here. Reason: too expensive, even second hand and in the current market. Maybe this will tease a more affordable Premium out the woodwork.

Like the cabinet, not more or less than the other one, but it’s still good in its own way.

Dislike the B&W playfield. Looks rubbish and it would drive me crazy knowing I’d spent hard-earned money on it.

It’s Stern doing a Stern. Just like they probably will with TRON & Metallica, nothing is sacred.
Some Bozo has looked at past sales numbers for GZ, Tron and MET and thought…
“Let’s get the line moving”
Problem is, the price and everyone’s either got or had one.

Yikes, I wasn’t trying to shame anyone for not spending mega-bucks on a modern Spike 2 Stern 😭

I meant it’s unlikely there are a tonne of people who are buying Spike 2s by the shedload, haven’t had a Godzilla yet, but saw the B/W edition and thought, “NOW’s the time to pull the trigger!” There’s someone on Pinside who has a Pro and has decided to go Prem with the B/W edition, but - generally - I’d assume the market for a NIB B/W edition of Godzilla is already pretty saturated with the colour version.

It worked for Elvira because they were super-hard to get hold of.

Maybe they’re just hoping to to squeeze collectors who want the rarity value…

Back
Top Bottom