What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STERN PINBALL CELEBRATES 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF GODZILLA WITH DEBUT AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2024

Fenny

Site Supporter
5Years
Alias
Fenny
I love it 👍🏻 Good that Stern are releasing updated code for all matches with the challenge mode too.
Would love it if the code let you select black amd white animations on all machines, but prob wishfull thinking (likely specifically B&W code release for that machine?)

Edit; just realised re; my comment on the "B&W code" - it's just an optional "black and white splash screen" ; not all the film footage/animations rtc converted to B&W:-(

Last edited:
I personally think it looks really good, mildly concerned it might make it a bit harder to play though, lots of grey that blends together on the busy playfield art

As a Premium owner, I’m not upset at all, it looks pretty cool. If I was in the market for buying a new game I would be choosing this version as it will be more limited than the regular version.
I wouldn’t be going out of my way to sell my current game to get this though.

If I was in the market for a GZ I wouldn't want to be paying more than this edition for an LE and would want to pay way less for a standard premium or pro.

All this does is devalue existing owners. You only need to look at Alien RV vs LV to see the impact it had on the second hand market.

If it’s all down to money Scott you’re in the wrong hobby.
I think you utterly missed my point here. 🤷‍♂️

LE's should be the most desirable, it there just going to be replaced by something further down the line why bother.

Not sure why it's doing over LE owners, the reality for a very long time most stern LE is a plaque with a number on it, some powder coating big deal and different cab art translate. Oh and some slightly better speakers. Any one who is obsessed getting a plaque will always buy one, it's nothing to do with the money. Similar to a million other things, limited edition aliens head number 1 of 50 blue ray box set.

I've got a limited edition original men in black film properly gun if any one wants to buy it, for an LE price.

Going back to this, Godzilla looks pretty cool personally prefer it over the current

Oh and occasionally Gary stern signature or some other designer

In a small piece of paper worthless to any body outside pinball even then in pinball 🤷‍♂️

If I was in the market for a GZ I wouldn't want to be paying more than this edition for an LE and would want to pay way less for a standard premium or pro.

All this does is devalue existing owners. You only need to look at Alien RV vs LV to see the impact it had on the second hand market.
Liked your post re; the LE and Premium comment- totally agree there.
Not entirely sure it effects pros, as I think if you weren't going to spend the money on a GZ Premium in the first place and are happy with/to buy a PRO, I don't think in many cases the B&W ver. is going to change that and make prospective used buyers spend an extra £3k (likewise, if someone's currently happy with their PRO, I can't see that many selling up and spending another £3k on top)
I have a PRO at the mo' and would maybe like a b&w prem way down the line some day, but my pro has so many good mods which came with and will likely remain with it when it goes, I'd find it tough to have another one without most of those mods (+would find buying+fitting the b&w mods a ballache)
Long story short (sorry!..) I'd imagine for most, it'd have to be their favourite game to warrant the increased investment+mod fitting hassle to go from a PRO to B&W prem.

Enjoying the pod btw; glad Neil finally sorted out his mic echo problem!

Looks good I think. Was thinking about the black and white GZ last night after watching In before the Lock.

As someone who has a GZ Pro I'd love a premium black and white. Would be utter madness to upgrade to this from a Pro and have to put out a further 5k just to get one though.

Looks good I think. Was thinking about the black and white GZ last night after watching In before the Lock.

As someone who has a GZ Pro I'd love a premium black and white. Would be utter madness to upgrade to this from a Pro and have to put out a further 5k just to get one though.
Yep totally loony

Godzilla market saturated already.
The Elvira BRK edition looked fabulous and the best version.
Other than the foil cab on this…… meh.
Even too lazy to redo the art for back glass so do a B&W translite copy of the LE mirror.
Stern trying to get that line moving after John Woke…..
Don’t think it will sell in the numbers they are hoping for.
Thanks for the code update though 👍

Last edited:
The Elvira BRK edition looked fabulous and the best version.
Other than the foil cab on this…… meh.
Even too lazy to redo the art for back glass so do a B&W translite copy of the LE mirror.
Stern trying to get that line moving after John Woke…..
Don’t think it will sell in the numbers they are hoping for.
Thanks for the code update though 👍
All the art is from the LE not just the translite, Stern took an LE, told the printers to hold the colour and called it a day.

Code update appears to be the “exclusive” topper mode/code.

"Get your snake oil...... snake oil..... for sale here.........."

Godzilla is the most popular Stern for a long time looking at UK sales. Has outsold GnR.

Wont affect what the colour one is worth as it is a 'different product'

Maybe 'deleted member' Nellie may get one?

Will be sold out quick I would think. Only a handful of LEs get over here now.

As @J85M has rightfully said - they literally converted the files for artwork.

The LE has different art on both sides of cab.
This has the left side LE art on both sides - on Stern website
FEDD251F-C8B2-4164-8D71-6FDD7268C3F9.jpeg
EFC4055F-F757-4BA0-8F75-D74F34F603E1.jpeg

Yes, how many people are there out who want a Godzilla and don’t own one already? And/or who’d swap their existing Godzilla for this one?

It’s not like Elvira, which was pretty limited when they brought out the B&W one. Or JP2, where the anniversary edition is a new LE.

Godzilla was one of the success stories of the pandemic, and prices here in the UK are already in the toilet because they’re as common as sand. It’s also super mod-dable and I doubt everyone is going to bring out B&W versions of the coolest mods.

Back
Top Bottom