What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Help

SeikoKid

Site Supporter
Wanting to replace the backbox speakers. I am limited to only a few choices but they are more than I expected in the 3" range

firstly what I have is the HiVi B3S. and then 3 options of what I could get. Would anyone with acoustic knowledge be able to simplify this for me please. Ultimately I would like the best all round sound as they will be providing me with mid and treble but some bass would be nice albeit the sub is working really well for that
The existing was combined with a. separate Tweeter and that is the problem. The tweeter is too shrill. Ive disconnected it and uprated the amp for the next model but feel a better speaker would deliver more quality as it has done on previous upgrades

I know with stern the upgrade was easy to choose as the options are better for 5.5 size. Here its all new to me

The speaker cut is is square so I need a square plate speaker and the hole is 80mm / 80mm

All these Daytons will fit.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• pdf_hiVi_B3N_1.pdf
    211 KB · Views: 5
  • 285-177--dayton-audio-ce78pf-4-specification-sheet.pdf
    552 KB · Views: 2
  • 285-179--dayton-audio-ce81pf-8-specification-sheet.pdf
    470.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 295-156--dayton-audio-pc83-8-specifications.pdf
    333 KB · Views: 2
Back