What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling Watches

DRD

Site Supporter
5Years
What's the best way of doing this pls ? 2k to 5k Breitling, IWC type stuff

Ta

What's the best way of doing this pls ? 2k to 5k Breitling, IWC type stuff

Ta
Sold a couple to Subdial last year and they were really good. If you want to sell privately try Chrono24 or Watch collecting.com for auction style sale.

i have 2 watches up for sale with Vintage & Prestige here in the UK
they sold my Breitling recently and am sending them another for a friend. Nice guy and very knowledgable - decent rates and saves you the headache of being involved with annoying buyers
I traded watches for years so was glad to avoid it now

Just been pointed to this. Was formally part of a forum that mainly resurrected the originals. But it was always a headache. Now someone finally threw some money at them and voila.

I have one of the Hamilton remakes - I think they really missed a trick.

With the original 70s Pulsar, you pushed a button to read the time and the Hamiltons faithfully copied this.

Later model Pulsars had "flick the wrist" actuation which is a vastly superior system.

Modern Casio G Shocks cost 10% what the Hamilton does and have "twist the wrist" to automatically activate the backlight at night so it can't be a complex or expensive mechanism.

I have one of the Hamilton remakes - I think they really missed a trick.

With the original 70s Pulsar, you pushed a button to read the time and the Hamiltons faithfully copied this.

Later model Pulsars had "flick the wrist" actuation which is a vastly superior system.

Modern Casio G Shocks cost 10% what the Hamilton does and have "twist the wrist" to automatically activate the backlight at night so it can't be a complex or expensive mechanism.
Ugh really! that’s put me off a bit

When i was on of my worldly watch hunts i came across Bruce in california and his phenomenal Pulsar collection - Too boot his dead brother lived in the cremated box on the kitchen table dining chair under some
magazines …

a photo of me wearing a P1 and also the “magic shop” in Japan where the guy has everything but sells nothing

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpeg
    IMG_4619.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3802.jpeg
    IMG_3802.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 32
Found this watch for sale on the Net
#

I have a 16600.

I wanted a date, didn't want a cyclops. Was the only model in the range in the early 2000s that met these requirements out of the box.

I have never understood the cyclops. Most folk will look at the date once a day versus innumerate readings of the actual time of day. So why prioritise the cyclops and distort the hands ? It's madness and unsurprisingly no other manufacturer does this to any great degree. To me its akin to mounting a car's spare tyre on the boot so it's easy to change wheel.

The proporions of the two watches are different so you should go to a dealer with a decent stock and look at them side by side really. The Sea Dweller has rather flat/ utilitarian protruding crystal with a prominent edge (which also helps save your bezel from getting scratched). Thicker case - so it stands higher on the wrist and therefore has a slightly smaller dial.

Another option is to buy a regular Sub but get a repair shop to put in a crystal without the cyclops. Keep your original cyclops crystal so you can return it to original should you ever sell it.

See what I mean? I understand having the cyclops with the date but the sea dweller doesn't have it. I'll always take a no date variant if available.

Thanks chaps, yes ultimately i’m wanting the no date sub but got offered this and just wanted to check but it has a date and wasent sure how the size was

i’ll keep holding out for a 14060

The Subs have always been much more popular than Sea Dwellers. I don't see that ever changing.

Just watch out as Rolex went uber blingy around this time. That particular Sea Dweller has the no drill shoulders (which I prefer) and does not have ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX repeatedly inscribed in the inner bezel as many of the modern Rolexs have which I despise

Be patient and get what you want or you'll always regret it

The Subs have always been much more popular than Sea Dwellers. I don't see that ever changing.

Just watch out as Rolex went uber blingy around this time. That particular Sea Dweller has the no drill shoulders (which I prefer) and does not have ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX repeatedly inscribed in the inner bezel as many of the modern Rolexs have which I despise

Be patient and get what you want or you'll always regret it
thanks , i’m now certain of the model and it’s a 14060M i am after
Bobs watches gives a great explanation on this

Back
Top Bottom