What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro refurbs

Steve Arnold

Site Supporter
10 Years
Hi, what are the decals like from retro refurbs? Has anyone used them before? They have a couple of cabinet decals I’m interested in but wasn’t sure of quality.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks
Steve

Can’t vouch for quality as never had the cab decals but I think people have had frustrations with long waits, lack of comms .
I did have a translite once that I thought was pretty shoddy tbh. That was though years ago when Pete (?) ran it and was active on here.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will see if I can get what I want elsewhere as don’t want to be hanging around ages for stuff.

Thanks
Steve

Retro Refurbs was sold and now operates from Romania. Had a 007 translite from them which was ok quality wise but any company that uses knock off artwork from another's efforts I'd steer clear of.

I agree with the Comms and translite statement above. However the decals are pretty good. They use orajet which is a pretty thick and nice material.

Just like most suppliers in the pinball industry I find most are either rude, slow to respond and lie about stock.

If you find a decal company that ships under 3 weeks let me know!

I ordered some side blades back in June. Took around 2 1/2 weeks to arrive after order. The package was sent from croatia!

Quality-wise they seem good, Although i had to do a little trimming around the playfield pivot for the system11 game, and the notch at the back top corner isnt required. Colours match the plastics perfectly

20240708_123530.jpg

I've been trying to work out where to order a set of Cactus Canyon decals from for a while now - seems like there are no good options!

Hit and miss however when one art blades was unusable (johnny) they gave me a credit note to cover my next set .
James bond translite was perfect but others had poor ones

Ps
I'm going to order CC from them as they look OK
If you go to TILT their blades are on turtles simpsons parry stranger things and soon to be fitted to foo fighters

Hi, what are the decals like from retro refurbs? Has anyone used them before? They have a couple of cabinet decals I’m interested in but wasn’t sure of quality.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks
Steve
I’ve literally just installed a full set of decals from Retro Refurbs today.
IMO the quality was pretty good. The material they use is quite thick and was easy to peel from the backing. And the print quality was good as well.

They also give you plenty of bleed around the edges which makes it easier to align.
My only slight issue with this set was the back box decals were definitely not as centred the same on both sides. But that could be just the set I had.

I can’t comment on recent shipping times as I didn’t order these myself.
The last time I did order from them was in 2022 and they took ages but that was 2 years ago so they might be faster now.

I’d definitely get another set from them if I couldn’t get them from my usual place 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2799.jpeg
    IMG_2799.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom