What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound Pinblaster

I tried this evening my friend was delivered yesterday.

It's currently in Godzilla with pin sound speakers throughout.

The sound is louder more bassy. The stereo effect is more pronounced. You can here the subtle effects.

Adjusting the EQ you can tinker with the treble, bass for the top two speakers and the main cabinet one the gain and something else, can't remember of the top of my head.

It's a little bottom heavy, bassy but that might be just how Godzilla mixed. It would need a bit of tinkering to get it to my preference. The base can drown out the call outs

My mate really likes it, would I get one, not sure yet. Would like to see it in his other machines.

Does it make a difference, yes it's louder more precise sound, similar to a 8 bit DAC upgraded to 16 bit DAC. Is it worth £150 possibly, is it worth getting, personally depends on the machine. A music pin one maybe. Do you like your machines turned up load then definitely get it

Ok, so have been borrowing one this week and can report about it a bit more

Firstly it's louder and more bass heavier. My wife and kids have confirmed this by complaining 🤭

Now I have the movie code with songs and more interesting music it's easier to hear the difference.

It's sharper and slightly more defined, you can hear led Zeppelin rise of the valkayies better when Thor is playing.
Is it worth the uplift that's undecided, I'm due to give it back Wednesday.

If I notice the difference after downgrading ie I miss it, experience is now bad then it is worth purchasing.

If any one wants a video I. An sort out via DM.

Last edited:

Firstly it's loader and more bass heavier. My wife and kids have confirmed this by complaining 🤭

Now I have the movie code with songs and more interesting music it's easier to hear the difference.

It's sharper and slightly more defined, you can hear led Zeppelin rise of the valkayies better when Thor is playing.

If I notice the difference after downgrading ie I miss it, experience is now bad then it is worth purchasing.

If any one wants a video I. An sort out via DM.

Definitely report back please if you miss it once you revert back to not using it. Very tempted by one of these myself 👍

Definitely report back please if you miss it once you revert back to not using it. Very tempted by one of these myself 👍
Will do I have two videos with it in, I will take two with it out doing the same thing, although sound through a mobile isn't a particularly fair test

Firstly it's louder and more bass heavier. My wife and kids have confirmed this by complaining 🤭

If any one wants a video I. A sort out via DM.
Is that the movie code for AIQ? Any good? And can you install that and still have insider connected running?

Is that the movie code for AIQ? Any good? And can you install that and still have insider connected running?
Yes, a must have, game changer, gone is the 💩💩💩 music, gone the Adobe after effects basic animation. In acdc, led Zeppelin, movie soundtrack, movie clips good ones that actually go with what's happening.

Yes works with insider connect only if version 1.8 is running. No need to re register insider connect will work, the settings are stored on the micro SD card

@Fubar can sort you out with the code, think it was £20.

If it's a pro it's not the easiest to find, be careful some won't work with insider connect 🤘

Or you could just put in a amazon 2.1 amplifier for £25.

I can change all the speakers in a spike 2 machine for about £100. The line out connectors are on the spike II cpu board if you download the schematics.

One of the sound designers from Stern has heard the machines I have upgraded and he has called them 'the best sound he has heard out of a pro stern'.

It is nothing clever, and sterns from the factory are forking awful......

Or you could just put in a amazon 2.1 amplifier for £25.

I can change all the speakers in a spike 2 machine for about £100. The line out connectors are on the spike II cpu board if you download the schematics.

One of the sound designers from Stern has heard the machines I have upgraded and he has called them 'the best sound he has heard out of a pro stern'.

It is nothing clever, and sterns from the factory are forking awful......
Cool, good to know. Yeh factory stern speakers and set up is pretty bad

Agree 100%

I picked one of these up from David/Retro at pinfest, having done a little research and found not much about it. Is difficult to say exactly what difference it has made on it's own, since i upgraded the speakers at the same time, however all i do know is that i can wack the sound up on IMDN and it sounds crystal clear... and the bass thumps like nothing ive ever heard from a pin before. Maybe i could do a before/after vid with it in and out... is that what you have done?
Will go more into detail in the next few days when i get time to list the changes made, however a worthwhile investment IMO!

Edit - and it ISNT Disco Maiden!

Agree 100%

I picked one of these up from David/Retro at pinfest, having done a little research and found not much about it. Is difficult to say exactly what difference it has made on it's own, since i upgraded the speakers at the same time, however all i do know is that i can wack the sound up on IMDN and it sounds crystal clear... and the bass thumps like nothing ive ever heard from a pin before. Maybe i could do a before/after vid with it in and out... is that what you have done?
Will go more into detail in the next few days when i get time to list the changes made, however a worthwhile investment IMO!

Edit - and it ISNT Disco Maiden!
I have done the after, starting the game, thanos video clip/welcome and a couple of shots. Second video starting the Thor multi ball and led Zeppelin playing.

When I take it out will do a before, but I think the best test is playing it in for a week, then removing it and playing for a week

Currently have pin sound speakers and sub.

The sub reaction usage is much more prominent. Settings are 8ohms factory default and balance fader between front and sub zero.

Would it be better than adding a sub. Guess you would get more mid range.
Sorry to be clear I mean the sub woofer in the cabinet not an external sub. It's possible to daisy chain cards to a single external sub. I personally don't see the point of adding an external sub to a pin, the low frequency that the sub benefits from I can't see a pin needing it
A decent subwoofer upgraded speaker, whether pinsound or other brands is enough. The card is definitely enhancing the output to this, much baseier.

Ahh, mine is a little more custom...

Pioneer TS-G1330F for the backbox (With upgraded plates)
JBL Stage 82 8" 200mm 800W Single 4 ohm Subwoofer

Selected as the sensitivity was comparable, and similar specs were mentioned on PS.
Cool. I went with the idiot proof option

Cool. I went with the idiot proof option
I went with the "lets order from some nightmare company based, funilly enough, just outside belfast, and who kept telling me they would be on their way, however after a month i gave up and filed a claim with Paypal as i had enough of the excuses" route!!

Then decided to pay a little more and use a supplier i had used before, and they were on my doorstep the following morning!

I went with the "lets order from some nightmare company based, funilly enough, just outside belfast, and who kept telling me they would be on their way, however after a month i gave up and filed a claim with Paypal as i had enough of the excuses" route!!

Then decided to pay a little more and use a supplier i had used before, and they were on my doorstep the following morning!
Oh dear, DM the name I'm sure someone I know related or knows then 🤣

In all seriousness sorry to hear that.

So no cost savings then or very little, I'm guessing there better speakers or about the same?

Back
Top Bottom