What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Pinball Office Summer Holiday Tournament - 9th June

Thank you so much to everyone who joined us at the tournament yesterday! It was a fantastic day, and I'm still buzzing - I definitely didn't expect to qualify 2nd highest, and then overall 2nd place.

Big well done to @AndyB who was 1st - really well played! I also loved my game on NBA Fastbreak with @C&C - it was SO tense, with each of us missing the Million Dollar Shot on our last ball. It was great and as Andy says, a real pinball moment!

We also had several new players joining us, including two people who turned up on the day and asked if they could join us - which is awesome and hopefully they will be back. It's so good to see the scene in East Anglia continue to grow!

Big thank you as always to @Hiltoncriss for hosting at the Office and letting us play your lovely games. It's so appreciated by us all, and we wouldn't have this East Anglia scene without you.

You can find the finals bracket here if you're interested in what happened: https://app.matchplay.events/tournaments/146481/bracket

As always I've added my photos to Google Photos to a folder here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1CdQ6EHEESXvUBwS7
Feel free to save any or add your own photos!

Our under 16 winners were:
1. Sofia
2. James
3. Michael
4. George

and our final standings were:

1,Andy Brock
2,Claire Lickman
3,Jon Carolan
4,Conrad Chambers
5,Daniel O'Neill
6,Alan Griffin
7,Ed Rojas
8,Yuen Aw
12,Jeremy Baynham
12,Philip Escoffey
12,Gene Aw
12,Pete Bennett
12,Graham Swaffield
12,Sofia Boudi
12,Greg Mott
12,Dennis Osborne
17,Dan Prachar
18,Ian Clarricoats
19,Helen Swaffield
20,James Aw
21,Will Beynon
22,Martin Bedford
22,Alan Garwood
24,Gareth Arnold
25,Michael Aw
26,David Bowery
27,Nick Clark UK
28,Dan Pocklington
29,Max Welch
30,Ian Clarke
31,AJ Roper
32,Matthew Halls
33,Chris Granby
34,Cristian Boudi
35,Charlie Arnold
36,Paige Gilbert
37,Lan Aw
38,Tony Greenwood
39,George Boudi
40,Zachary Cohen
41,Nick London
42,Josh Cohen
43,Thomas William Layton
44,Rebecca Cohen

Attachments

• PXL_20240609_195229120.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240609_195229120.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20240609_195117528.RAW-01.MP.COVER-EDIT.jpg
    PXL_20240609_195117528.RAW-01.MP.COVER-EDIT.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240609_195151554.RAW-01.MP.COVER-EDIT.jpg
    PXL_20240609_195151554.RAW-01.MP.COVER-EDIT.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240609_195134066.RAW-01.MP.COVER (1).jpg
    PXL_20240609_195134066.RAW-01.MP.COVER (1).jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 23
Huge thanks to Claire, David and Chris - had a blast yesterday :-)
Was incredibly well run and each match felt really competitive - will defo attend the next one (trains permitting..)
Congrats to all the winners - all very well deserved and special doff of my (figuritive) hat to Sofia and the young *Aw bros. ; future champs no doubt!

*OG Aw bros. were great once again too- massively respect the consistency 👏

Was great to chat to some new people and catch up with old freinds ; everyone there was really friendly, as is often the case at these comps👍🏻

Cheers, Den.

Just wanted to add my thanks to @Hiltoncriss - the opportunity to play tournament pinball in such a great and welcoming environment with friendly people is appreciated as ever... and @Lecari as ever who is a tournament directing force of nature - brilliant play to come second as well! @David_Vi - your quick game adjustments and fixes were key as well and much appreciated.

Superb stuff from Mr Brock - a consistent and deserved winner and as mentioned, what a performance from Sofia as well with excellent skills and huge scoring on display. Very pleased with how James and Michael played as well.

One final callout for @Jmac in 3rd place - he beat me with a stellar performance in our matchup. I chose shadow and was pleased with my 481M which I think would have been enough against most. Jon still had near 100M to get on ball 3 and played it perfectly - near instant mode start followed by an upper flipper straight into Khan MB. He then picked Big Buck and played an outstanding MB to reach 11M.

All the new players seemed to thoroughly enjoy it as well - nice one everyone - see you at the next one.

Last edited:
Wow, what a performance from Claire. Very well played and delighted for your second place.

Also, many Congrats to Andy for winning. and Jon for an excellent 3rd place, especially the games against Yuen, not forgetting Sophia.who stormed it on NBA and Conrad.

Many thanks as ever to Claire for running the whole day and Chris for hosting and David all the ongoing repairs. Enjoyable, friendly and relaxed as always.

Had something written down yesterday but forgot to post - whoops!

Wanted to say many thanks to Claire, David and Chris for running and hosting the event and congrats to Andy for the win (Not even Oktoberfest playing up could stop you!), it had been a good while since I'd been to the office and I'm glad to say my experience was just as enjoyable as last time, if not better! Always a great atmosphere and friendly environment alongside the competitive aspect of it all.

My goal for the day was to get through to the finals and I thought I'd blown it as after some good play in the earlier rounds, I had a run of some terrible play in the afternoon. However I managed to recover and win my last two games to just squeeze into the finals, got to the quarter finals from that even though my run ended there I did win the consolation game for a 5th place finish for my best result in a tournament so far.

I'm sure I'll be back again at some point!

Back
Top Bottom